Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation eid ul milad un nabi/peer worship

Report bad ads?

I just wanted some advice on the above.

At the weekend, there was a march where i live, basically to celebrate the above. This happens every year, and it usually has people policing the event, theres banners outside the mosque etc, but i wasnt exactly sure what happened at this event.

Whilst talking to a friend who attended the event i was a bit shell shocked at what she said, and not quite sure what to make of it all, so just wanted clarifcation.

Basically a local guy who is known as a peer, (although it wasnt passed down to him through family, he ended up gaining the "seat " through the previous person passing away) has a religious gathering at his house, on the day, the men usually hug and kiss each other, I thought this wasnt allowed in islam ?

also the women who are seated separately, they recite things and read, but this peer's wife sits on a chair and every1 else has to sit on the floor, when some1 addresses her, they hav to kiss her hand ? and sit near her feet. Also the women amongst themselves apparently show affection through the kissing of hands/neck area ? again i thought this wasnt islam related ? This event is quite big, and people from other areas/countries also attend.

during the procession, the peer who is to be referred to as hazraat sahib..(even by his kids?) ended up sitting in a carriage and then the people that were watching were chucking flowers at him ? followed by the long march by the men and then a gathering where some1 usually preaches.

First of all i dont acknowledge peer people, i know they may know a lot more than me, but i only look to god for guidance and worship him, i wouldnt dream of asking a so called peer to fix my problems or to worship him.

Im just curious, my questions are i thought physical contact between same sexes was only if it was family ? & even then limited. also why do the men kiss each other ? is this permissable ?

why does the peers wife hav to sit in a higher position ? doesnt this indicate that she thinks shes above every1 else ? In islam everyone is equal right ?

whats the purpose of the carriage, and the flowers ? is that waste of money ? and advertising ? also doesnt this look like that people are actually worshipping this guy ? instead of god ?

I thought in islam birthdays werent supposed to celebrated ?

doesnt hazrat mean prophet ?

This family is a strict one, the girls wear niqab etc & they are well respected in the community, and they often have the weekly mehfils at their house, but i just didnt know what make of all this.

anyone ?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: eid ul milad un nabi/peer worship

which city is this, majority paks? and whats a 'mehfil'?

hadhrat I think means 'honoured presence'

Yh this 'Eid Milad un Nabi' is an asian bida'h, they've gone as far as creating another Eid when we're told there are only 2 Eids, it happens throughout pakistan

Peer babas are fakes who venerate themselves and take money for dua's and other crap - again another asian thing, they're commiting huge sins

Too much culture and innovations in asian communites, glad theres none of it here in leicester
    eid ul milad un nabi/peer worship

33 43 1 - eid ul milad un nabi/peer worship
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its in Leeds & yeh we hav our fair share..tbh it just didnt feel right when my friend was telling me, and i told her that just to do salah and read on her own rather than attend such gatherings. but cos the family are so highly respected i think no1 dares question them.

mehfil is when women gather and read kalimah and chant etc...not really sure theres different types of mehfils in our area.
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sister

Steer well clear of this whole set-up, regardless of if they wear niqaabs. The whole thing is wrong and against the sunnah. May Allah save us and guide us all. Ameen.

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by distressed View Post
    Its in Leeds & yeh we hav our fair share..tbh it just didnt feel right when my friend was telling me, and i told her that just to do salah and read on her own rather than attend such gatherings. but cos the family are so highly respected i think no1 dares question them.

mehfil is when women gather and read kalimah and chant etc...not really sure theres different types of mehfils in our area.
    yh you best stay away from 'mehfils' another asian bida'h

honestly if I was still living in my home city (pak majority) I doubt I'd ever find out how much their practices are unislamic

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

It would be intressting if you went up to them asked for proofs of what they do

peace

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam.

Eid e Milad un Nabi or Sirat un Nabi is very common in Bangladesh. Normally Muslims discuss about the life of the Prophet saw , offer darud and nafal fasting and salat . I see no problem with any of these .

It's not worshipping the Prophet saw . We dont ask Prophet saw to accept our dua.

To my knowledge , Hazrat does not mean Prophet . A respected person can be called as Hazrat .

And Allah Knows Best.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is Rubbish! And am shocked that it happens in Europe where most people are educated... Celebrating Birthdays is haraam never mind all the other ridiculous things they do.

Three simple rules in life:

1) If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it
    2) If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.
    3) If you do not step forward, you'll always be in the same place
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peer worship is centuries old, predominant as a Sufi part of Islam. The Sajjada Nasheen (person who sits on the main carpet/chair) is considered to have divine powers. This is Muslim manifestation of Hindu concept of Man-God (or God-man hehehe), Pandit, Sage, Mystic and what not .

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Masuma's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    kutsalgizemler.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Walikum Asalam Wr Wb!
    I'll inshAllah answer it in parts.

First of all regarding Eid miladun Nabi, I think it is totally not allowed in Islam. It's a "bidaat" (something added by people which was actually not present in religion).

In my country, long processions are held where people recite "Naats" on loudspeakers etc! They carry flags as if these are the flags of Islam!

I also don't approve of these long marches and gatherings where people recite "naats" etc.

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) never told us , his Ummah, to celebrate Eid miladun Nabi, let alone celebrating this "peer sahabs" promotion!!!

Asatghfirullah!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post
    Salaam.

Eid e Milad un Nabi or Sirat un Nabi is very common in Bangladesh. Normally Muslims discuss about the life of the Prophet saw , offer darud and nafal fasting and salat . I see no problem with any of these .

It's not worshipping the Prophet saw . We dont ask Prophet saw to accept our dua.

To my knowledge , Hazrat does not mean Prophet . A respected person can be called as Hazrat .

And Allah Knows Best.
    salaam

I agree with you fully - its not just and sub continent thing but arabs do it as well as well as in malaysia and I believe in Indonesia -

But the thing about the chair I am not familiar with.

peace

They merely:
    chat Quote

Masuma's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    kutsalgizemler.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam.

Sister, doing these things in the name of Islam is actually a "bidaat" which should never be approved of by Muslims.
    In my country, people have these long marches etc, (block the whole traffic there) They fill up vehicles with people even sitting on buses' roofs uttering all types of slogans. (i.e. that we love Prophet so much and we will do this and that for him, but how would one know what actually is in their hearts. So such things would then be seen as hypocrisy)

People recite "naats" and have special gatherings for it, which i don't approve of.

If the Prophet's companions *who loved him far more than us) didn't do such type of things, why should we?!

I just wanted some advice on the above.

At the weekend, there was a march where i live, basically to celebrate the above. This happens every year, and it usually has people policing the event, theres banners outside the mosque etc, but i wasnt exactly sure what happened at this event.

Whilst talking to a friend who attended the event i was a bit shell shocked at what she said, and not quite sure what to make of it all, so just wanted clarifcation.

Basically a local guy who is known as a peer, (although it wasnt passed down to him through family, he ended up gaining the "seat " through the previous person passing away) has a religious gathering at his house, on the day, the men usually hug and kiss each other, I thought this wasnt allowed in islam ?

also the women who are seated separately, they recite things and read, but this peer's wife sits on a chair and every1 else has to sit on the floor, when some1 addresses her, they hav to kiss her hand ? and sit near her feet. Also the women amongst themselves apparently show affection through the kissing of hands/neck area ? again i thought this wasnt islam related ? This event is quite big, and people from other areas/countries also attend.

during the procession, the peer who is to be referred to as hazraat sahib..(even by his kids?) ended up sitting in a carriage and then the people that were watching were chucking flowers at him ? followed by the long march by the men and then a gathering where some1 usually preaches.

First of all i dont acknowledge peer people, i know they may know a lot more than me, but i only look to god for guidance and worship him, i wouldnt dream of asking a so called peer to fix my problems or to worship him.

Im just curious, my questions are i thought physical contact between same sexes was only if it was family ? & even then limited. also why do the men kiss each other ? is this permissable ?

why does the peers wife hav to sit in a higher position ? doesnt this indicate that she thinks shes above every1 else ? In islam everyone is equal right ?

whats the purpose of the carriage, and the flowers ? is that waste of money ? and advertising ? also doesnt this look like that people are actually worshipping this guy ? instead of god ?

I thought in islam birthdays werent supposed to celebrated ?

doesnt hazrat mean prophet ?

This family is a strict one, the girls wear niqab etc & they are well respected in the community, and they often have the weekly mehfils at their house, but i just didnt know what make of all this.

anyone ?
    Sister, this whole peer thing has very less to do with truth. I don't think peers have some special power! Yeah they might be more righteous but not like they have some supernatural powers or anything of that sort.

This is an ignorant belief in asian countries. here many of the Muslims actually converted to Islam from Hinduism and so they still have some of these "hindu superstitions" and "beliefs" left in them.

And Allah knows best!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam.

No one said theres a problem with 'darud and nafal fasting and salat', but picking out a day and giving it some special significance to carry out this ibadah is the problem, then turning that day into another 'Eid' is another problem. I'm pretty sure in places like bangladesh they go as far performing another Eid salah! Then you get loads of freemixing and music happening at these hindu style festivals

All this happening especially when there is not an ounce of islamic evidence to support it, let alone the fact that the greatest people of our ummah, the people who's love for rasulullah is uncomparable to anyone - the sahaba do not even mention a word about mawlid, neither do the tabieen or the tabi tabieen.

Its just an asian cultural thing
    Last edited by aadil77; 06-30-2010 at 07:18 PM.

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslamu`Alaaykum dear sistah

As far as i am aware the Prophet (saw) didnt kiss other men on the cheek , but maybe Hug,but if im wrong please correct me.
    These people to me sound like theyre really high as theyre having people from around the world coming to see, you know shiekhs such as Ahmad deedat, Zakir Naik they see from different pople from different countries, and have the majority coming from different countries to see them and sis they have knowledge of their deen but i dont think they kissed anyone but im sure folks who respect them may kiss their hands but for respect not for anything else. my point is theyre in the same status as these peers you mentioned and these "both" are from the same types of people with same status just called Peers but knowledge maybe on differnt areas

There children shouldnt be calling em "Hadrat etc", theyre to be called "Father","Mother".

And i think Hadrat or Hazrat means "Sir" but correct me if im wrong someone InshaAllaah.

And if you think these guys are worshipping him then they are commiting a big Sin which is known as Shirk!.Only Allah is to be worshipped and no ONE else!

And the Kissing part i personally dont think anything is wrong unless they go kiss em on their face, i mean to respect your elders to show affection you can kiss their hands/palms. But a man kissing a man is just wrong (i dono bout women tho) but just my opinion and i know for a fact the Prophet saw didnt do this!

All the best sistah

Wa Alaaykum Salaam
    Last edited by Ğħαrєєвαħ; 06-30-2010 at 08:35 PM.

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its just an asian cultural thing
    Its not an exclusively asian thing - its celeberated all over the muslim world including in the arab world, west africa and indonesia.

peace

They merely:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran View Post
    Its not an exclusively asian thing - its celeberated all over the muslim world including in the arab world, west africa and indonesia.

peace
    In this country its mostly an asian thing, across the world asians are mostly known for celebrating it

but I know theres bound to be people from every country celebrating it

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    In this country its mostly an asian thing, across the world asians are mostly known for celebrating it

but I know theres bound to be people from every country celebrating it
    salaam

You mean in the UK its percieved to be an asian thing when in fact it happens in the muslim world widely- celeberated by many other ethnic people as well - some countries even have a public holiday on the mawlid.

peace

They merely:
    chat Quote

Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow this is the first time I heard of such thing.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hazrat doesn't mean Prophet. I think it means respected. As for peers, they look like crooks/dakus to me. I see darkness on their faces. Astaghfirullah. The true auliyah would shun such praise and attention from the masses and have nothing to do with it. No human being was better than the Prophet (saw), yet even he (saw) forbade people from over praising him.

Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: 'Allah's slave and messenger' [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]
    May Allah guide them.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Hadhrat means "Sir" as someone respected as far as my knowledge goes sistah lol

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! eid ul milad un nabi/peer worship Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. eid ul milad un nabi/peer worship