× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 2151

Disenchanted

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Disenchanted

Report bad ads?

I have been wondering lately if we are programmed much like the cells in our perception of the world around us.. just walked the same streets today I had for a thousand times since I was a child, and everything seems so lackluster to me, the shopping experience failed to hold my interest, everything was mediocre and even those 'freebie' gifts that they entice you with really seemed like crap, in fact I tossed it in the garbage once I got home.. and I figured for years they put pretty packing on crap and sold it to people to make money, people are mindlessly spending money on crap they don't need and that isn't good for them because for some reason it fills a sort of a void.. the food, well forget about the food, mozzarella on a shingle, I am glad I have the good sense to pack it from home

do other people feel this way to (as they mature) or am I just going through one of those bouts?

Disenchanted

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Disenchanted

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Disenchanted

Salaam

Yep with age the world does seem as if its lost with all the buying and selling - not a clue that death is not that far away. Sometimes it seems people realy havent taken life seriously.

peace
    Disenchanted

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was a little poed today about some of the anti-Islamic comments I read (obviously they are an everyday occurrence) and I was just wondering how this pork rind binging beer chugging hooters gawking undereducated losers making those comments have to look forward except exactly those things in different orders..
    every day there is a new gadget new ipod, new phone, new skimpy clothes, new home improvement help yourself.. what else is there beyond those confines.. life is too much sometimes.. may it is also to do that outside of that (which is supposed to be ''fun'') there are only sick and dying people and I have to deal with them on daily basis.. I am not feeling life or feeling alive.. I hope it isn't just me-- can't get myself excited about anything ... maybe I just need a vacation in a secluded cabin in the woods, maybe in a way we all want to regress to the womb or the grave, a dark quiet place to find ourselves and add meaning?
    maybe death is necessary and not something to dread, I have been thinking of late..
    Disenchanted

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Disenchanted

chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

cant understand much the above lines bcz of my weak english....but seems u r crossing the turn of life which is not v.pleasing. what i can say is make sabr.........even its vvvv.difficult....but to be happy its enough that these difficulties are in way of ppl whom r blessed...and whom ALLAH SWT want to test....what they do if I put them in this situation ????? will they make shukar or....ALLAH live in broken hearts....so i had see many blessed ppl but there heart were broken by such tests and accidents.
    i think about that issue for years: mean some ppl live happy some sad, some wealthy some poor... and blv what result i got after years of thinking, is present in hadith....exactly same thing... its comes in hadith that, there are 4 types of men.
    1. those who are living with eeman and aamal and there worldly things are also good........these are ppl which are blessed in duna bcz of their good deeds and in aahra they also got reward for it.
    2. those who are living with eeman and aamal and there worldly situatuion is not good.....these are the most blessed ppl and soon after this temperory test/azmaish they will be awarded by highest darjat in jannat....All Ambiya AS and most blessed ppl were in this category.
    3. those living without eman and ammal and worldy situation is good...it is said that these ppl are huge loss..there examples is same like that if some1 want to catch a bird...he put some grains on ground to catch them...same ALLAH SWT is giving dunya to them but not as areward but to catch them....
    4. those without emman aamal and also without worldly things..these are loser in both the worlds...

so now me also and every1 thinks in which category he/she is......???????? also proved if some1 is living life of eman and aamal, and if he feel some difficluty he should not be get mayoos form rehamt of ALLAH SWT...and do shukar and sabr....

one thing more....some times ALLAH SWT take out the pleasure and lazat of ammal for some1..bcz ALLAH SWT want to see whether he/she is dooing ammal for ME or for that Pleassure...so one who do for ALLAH SWT will never leave....so maybe u r going with this siuation..anyway be thankfull to HIM all the time and make much duas for urself. I will also keep u in my prayer.
    May ALLAH SWT make things easy for u.
    sorry for my weak english.
    JZK
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

also see our Pprophet PBUH how much He sarcifice and suffer for sake of ALLAH SWT and HIs deen...
    how in mecca....their holy and beloved daughter were divorced....only that person can feel this grief which has been passed by this accident... HIS (pbuh) daughter Zainab RA in injured by kuffar and she died. His grand son Hazarat Hassain RA was shaeed in karbala with all his family .....its long story of sacrifice.....but He was always the most Shukar to HIm...so we also try to follow them....even ALLAh SWT knows we are vvvvvvvvvvv.week so he will not take much sacrifice from us but if its come be patient and make shuakr. May ALLAH help us in every moment of life and give us istaqama.
    chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am growing older but not enough mature to lose interest in buying new gadgets new clothes and all. But sometimes you think the life you spent is too much and you cant take it anymore and you need to runaway and the only way out seems to be death. Lately I was obsessed by the pictures of dead bodies. I was amazed by the way the looked, relaxed without any stress. I would look for images of corpses now and then. I would stare them for hours. (I think I am going off-topic). Sometimes all I think of is death and what would be it's consequences and how it would affect my family and friends or would it even affect them? But I am not ready yet, to die. I have to achieve a lot in my life and then this life seems so fleeting.

^ This is not a rant! These are the consequences of the amount of stress I am subjected to and the they way I am growing older.
    Last edited by 'Abd Al-Maajid; 09-17-2010 at 06:07 AM.
    chat Quote

Insecured soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    I was a little poed today about some of the anti-Islamic comments I read (obviously they are an everyday occurrence) and I was just wondering how this pork rind binging beer chugging hooters gawking undereducated losers making those comments have to look forward except exactly those things in different orders..
    every day there is a new gadget new ipod, new phone, new skimpy clothes, new home improvement help yourself.. what else is there beyond those confines.. life is too much sometimes.. may it is also to do that outside of that (which is supposed to be ''fun'') there are only sick and dying people and I have to deal with them on daily basis.. I am not feeling life or feeling alive.. I hope it isn't just me-- can't get myself excited about anything ... maybe I just need a vacation in a secluded cabin in the woods, maybe in a way we all want to regress to the womb or the grave, a dark quiet place to find ourselves and add meaning?
    maybe death is necessary and not something to dread, I have been thinking of late..
    I understand you are wanting to feel exciting / delightful about something but just cant get it? everything around you is same old boring stuff, what i understand is that u are very less attached to dunya which i think is very good alhamdoillah

But even if u found something exciting it wont be that way for long coz once we experience it then that thing becomes normal, im sure even i feel that way most of the time, i guess very few people feel all that coz you find almost everyone is attached to something or always delighted about something or the other

wassalam
    Disenchanted

Oh lord make my best deeds the last deeds
    Oh lord make my best day the last day (aakhirah)
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well ive gone through that already, im only 18 though. prsonally Allah swt filled the void for me with lawful things.

friendship, love, salah, IB, quran reading. i make these the highlights of my day

if you think its bad now, go for umrah for 3 weeks and come back. i swear you will feel like crying thats how empty life here is.
    Disenchanted

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Civilisation in the west as we know it is a deception. On the outside it seems so pretty but internally it is anything but. Apparently America is the most depressed nation.. the problem these people have is they look to materialism to make them happy and fill the void they feel.

However, happiness is not a material sensation. It is something we feel on a spiritual level.

It is our ruh we need to feed in order to feel happy, not our bodies.

Nourishment of the ruh is found in worship of Allah and freeing ourselves from our base desires.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wa alaykum us-Salaam

I have been wondering lately if we are programmed much like the cells in our perception of the world around us.. just walked the same streets today I had for a thousand times since I was a child, and everything seems so lackluster to me, the shopping experience failed to hold my interest, everything was mediocre and even those 'freebie' gifts that they entice you with really seemed like crap, in fact I tossed it in the garbage once I got home.. and I figured for years they put pretty packing on crap and sold it to people to make money, people are mindlessly spending money on crap they don't need and that isn't good for them because for some reason it fills a sort of a void.. the food, well forget about the food, mozzarella on a shingle, I am glad I have the good sense to pack it from home

do other people feel this way to (as they mature) or am I just going through one of those bouts?

i couldn't agree with you more. a while back i went through the same thing where i felt "depressed" becuase nothing was really that interesting to me becuase i could see what it was all about....there was no real mystery to it.

i think the more one's heart is attached to Allah/the aakhira, these things become so significant and stupid to them. inshaAllah this is the reason why you feel like this =) becuase your heart is attached to Allah and not this dunya.
    Disenchanted

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah, you all hit the nail on the head here, br. Bedouin you summed it up for me. ''Happiness is not a material sensation'' so it doesn't matter how much consumerism is going on and the types of at times stressful demeaning jobs people do simply to attain material things, whether basic necessities or luxuries if only everyone truly believed that Allah swt would provide sustenance for them. we put meaningless goals in front of us and measure our happiness based on their attainment all simply to numb that feeling that we need something higher, other worldly more spiritual until the desire for it is totally dead and we are left with a thousand thing to fill that void.. until it is totally late and we expire..

Disenchanted

chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"You buy stuff you don't need, with money you don't have, to impress people you don't know" > This applies to many people
    Disenchanted

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah i know exactly what you mean, id often buy crap things to get that free gift with it that they give you and you think ''what the hell i could have given that to charity'' you realise later that item that you bought really does not have any use to you. its strange because id feel like this as soon as i walk in to the home.. when i'm outside shopping i'm like a kid in a candy store, i get all excited.. but the managers of stores are very clever they know how to make the money innit.
    Disenchanted

ae8iug 1 - Disenchanted

wwwislamicboardcom - Disenchanted
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have been wondering lately if we are programmed much like the cells in our perception of the world around us.. just walked the same streets today I had for a thousand times since I was a child, and everything seems so lackluster to me, the shopping experience failed to hold my interest, everything was mediocre and even those 'freebie' gifts that they entice you with really seemed like crap, in fact I tossed it in the garbage once I got home..

please ponder: why is is that "those 'freebie' gifts" EVER impressed you? (whenever they come up with a new gimmick at the bank to give you "free money," i just tell them that i am a Muslim and i have to earn my money)

and I figured for years they put pretty packing on crap and sold it to people to make money, people are mindlessly spending money on crap they don't need and that isn't good for them because for some reason it fills a sort of a void..

try for 1 month NOT to spend money on something that you don't need. if you MUST spend, buy some translations of the Qur'an and give them away.

the food, well forget about the food, mozzarella on a shingle, I am glad I have the good sense to pack it from home

forget the quality, think about the price. save money by making your own food and then the money that you save: buy some translations of the Qur'an and give them away!

irregardless of how other people feel, you ARE just going through one of those bouts!

that is EXACTLY why you should feel sympathy for them and make dua for them. and the fact they they are ignorant about Islam...is OUR fault!

every day there is a new gadget new ipod, new phone, new skimpy clothes, new home improvement help yourself.. what else is there beyond those confines..

the dajjal-like forces on the planet ARE trying to distract/placate folks with...stuff. IF people were paying attention, they might actually DO SOMETHING!

life is too much sometimes.. may(be) it is also to do that outside of that (which is supposed to be ''fun'') there are only sick and dying people and I have to deal with them on daily basis.. I am not feeling life or feeling alive.. I hope it isn't just me-- can't get myself excited about anything ... maybe I just need a vacation in a secluded cabin in the woods, maybe in a way we all want to regress to the womb or the grave, a dark quiet place to find ourselves and add meaning?
    [COLOR="Red"]
    or a rootbeer float! [/COLOR]

maybe death is necessary and not something to dread
    death...IS going to happen. alot of people of other faiths try to avoid think about it and act like someone who died has suffered the biggest loss, when in fact it is the "living" that are the losers. unless Allah guides them or they already are guided.

for the guided, death is: THE FINISH LINE! if you were NOT to die, how would you EVER collect on all the hassanats that Allah has promised you through Rasulullaah Salla Allahu Alayhe wa Salaam? how would you ever meet Rasulullaah Salla Allahu Alayhe wa Salaam if you didn't die?

to paraphrase Mufti Menk: a day in Jannah is like 1000 years. now remember the last time you were in Taraweeh? ALL of those people and yourself have the SAME GOAL in mind, to get to Jannah, In Sha'a Allah. now, IMAGINE yourself and those people in Jannah. let's say you've been there for 100 Billion Trillion years (of days like 1000 years); now here's the question: is you time in Jannah almost over?

NO, IT'S JUST BEGUN!!!!!!!

so think about that and say Alhamdulillah!

and then ponder those poor miserable little cretons who only have the next piece of crap to look forward to...and shed a tear for them and make dua!

Disenchanted

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam sis <3

I feel the same sis.. I wouldnt call it 'disenchanted'. Infact quite the opposite....Its liberating and makes me feel alive knowing im not just another sheep thats following the crowd, appealed and taken in by this consumerism and chasing it to fill this void. It is such a huge deception and illusion that these things will ever give us any peace. Really, these feelings of detachment give us the freedom to search for our own enlightenment and if we are truely honest with ourselves there is no better filler of this void but Islam.

Masha'Allah, you all hit the nail on the head here, br. Bedouin you summed it up for me. ''Happiness is not a material sensation'' so it doesn't matter how much consumerism is going on and the types of at times stressful demeaning jobs people do simply to attain material things, whether basic necessities or luxuries if only everyone truly believed that Allah swt would provide sustenance for them. we put meaningless goals in front of us and measure our happiness based on their attainment all simply to numb that feeling that we need something higher, other worldly more spiritual until the desire for it is totally dead and we are left with a thousand thing to fill that void.. until it is totally late and we expire..
    I agree with you 1000% sis =). And good post Br. Yusuf (Y)
    Disenchanted

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

20. Hide
Hey there! Disenchanted Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Disenchanted