× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 2038

touch screens

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

touch screens

Report bad ads?

how do they work? like the ones you may find in department stores that have those self serve checkouts (which will have a touchscreen)... how does the touch screen actually work? is it the weight of the persons finger or the mere contact with the skins surface?

this is for something important btw
    touch screens

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ghost's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: touch screens

Do you not have access to google?
    chat Quote

abdussattar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    touch screens

Islamicboard 1 - touch screens
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i tried, but it made no sense to me
    touch screens

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    abdussattar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How come...?
    touch screens

Islamicboard 1 - touch screens
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan View Post

how do they work? like the ones you may find in department stores that have those self serve checkouts (which will have a touchscreen)... how does the touch screen actually work? is it the weight of the persons finger or the mere contact with the skins surface?

this is for something important btw
    sister there are two types of touchscreens

A capacitive screen and a resistive screen

the resistive screen relies on pressure....so it only works when you push your finger on it to register an input hence the name 'resistive', it has two layers which are close to each other so when you press hard enough on the surface of the first layer it will touch the second layer which is electronic,...and so the electronic layer will activate things for example if you touched 'web browser' on the screen the second layer is responsible for making the phone/microprocessor know that it needs to open 'web browser'...its like getting a plastic bag and putting it on top of your house telephone when you press the plastic bag hard enough you can dial the numbers....the resistive screen concept is similar to this ( crap example ) .

the capacitive screen is very different from the resistive one because it uses glass that is covered with a thin conductive layer which is heat sensitive so when you brush your finger across the screen it senses the warmth of your finger...it then says to the phone/microprocessor a warm finger touched me and this is the certain application they want to view .....so you dont have to press hard like the resistive screen

which is better...the capacitive is more durable its made from glass and its more accurate..compared to the resistive one which you have to press hard all day just to register an input.

I hope that helps....i've taken out time to write this up...i might be wrong in some areas but someone else will correct me insha'Allah

if you are buying a mobile phone try to buy one that has a capacitive screen like the iphone or the HTC hero..but if you can't afford it buy the cheaper resistive screen...i've got a resistive one and Alhamdulilah it does the job

I've just received a fresh infraction from the mods and i've just realized that i have accumulated 9 infractions in total....and so its high time i cut out the crap and actually be useful to others
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 10-02-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Our monitor is touch screen. it's cool, but can be very annoying when you see a little hand sneaking up behind you and touching the x button just so the owner of that hand can play games because they've now closed what you were doing.
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! touch screens Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. touch screens