× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2947

Trials of the Heart

Amat Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Trials of the Heart

Report bad ads?

wwwislamicboardcom - Trials of the Heart

Trials of the Heart

Ibn al-Qayyim said, whilst commenting upon the following Hadith: "Trials and tribulations will be presented to hearts, as a reed mat is interwoven stick by stick. Any heart which absorbs these trials will have a black mark put in it. However, any heart that rejects them will have a white mark put in it. The result is that hearts will be of two kinds: one white like a white stone, which will not be harmed by trials as long as the heavens and earth endure; and the other dark and rusty, like an over-turned vessel; not able to recognize the good, nor reject evil, but rather being absorbed with its desires."

"The Fitnah (trials) which are presented to the hearts - and which are the cause of its weakness - are: The trials relating to Shahwah (false desire) and The trials relating to Shubhah (doubt) .... So the first causes intentions and desires to be corrupted, whilst the second causes knowledge and beliefs to be corrupted."

Speaking about such trials, he said:
    "Hearts - when exposed to such Fitan (trials) - are of two types:

The first type:

a heart, which, when exposed to such trials, absorbs it like a sponge that soaks-up water, leaving in it a black stain. Such a heart continues to soak-up the various trials that are presented to it, until it becomes dark and corrupted - which is what is meant by "an over-turned vessel."So when this occurs, two dangerous and deadly diseases take hold of it and plunge it into destruction:

(i) Confusing good with evil, so it neither recognizes the good, nor rejects the evil. This disease may take hold of it to such an extent that it believes good to be evil; and evil to be good, Sunnah to be Bid'ah (innovation); and innovations to be the Sunnah. And the truth to be falsehood: and falsehood the truth.

(ii) Judging by its whims and desires, over and against what Allah's Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) came with being enslaved by its whims and desires and being led by them also.

The second type:

a white heart in which the light of remain is bright and its radiance is illuminating. So when trials are presented to such a heart, it rejects and turns away from them. This further increases its light and illumination and its strength."

hangs201459 - Trials of the Heart
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    Trials of the Heart

sapvas2xc6e9di1ikgif 1 - Trials of the Heart
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Abu Zainab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Trials of the Heart

****************bump****************
    Trials of the Heart

رَضِيتُ بالله رَباً, و بالإسلاَمِ دِيناً, وبمُحَمَّدٍ نَبِياًّ

I am pleased with Allaah as my Lord, with Islaam as my religion and Muhammad (sallalaahu alaihi wasallam) as my prophet.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow, nice colourful topic!
    Trials of the Heart

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Abu Zainab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*********bump again**********
    Trials of the Heart

رَضِيتُ بالله رَباً, و بالإسلاَمِ دِيناً, وبمُحَمَّدٍ نَبِياًّ

I am pleased with Allaah as my Lord, with Islaam as my religion and Muhammad (sallalaahu alaihi wasallam) as my prophet.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah View Post

Trials of the Heart

Ibn al-Qayyim said, whilst commenting upon the following Hadith: "Trials and tribulations will be presented to hearts, as a reed mat is interwoven stick by stick. Any heart which absorbs these trials will have a black mark put in it. However, any heart that rejects them will have a white mark put in it. The result is that hearts will be of two kinds: one white like a white stone, which will not be harmed by trials as long as the heavens and earth endure; and the other dark and rusty, like an over-turned vessel; not able to recognize the good, nor reject evil, but rather being absorbed with its desires."

"The Fitnah (trials) which are presented to the hearts - and which are the cause of its weakness - are: The trials relating to Shahwah (false desire) and The trials relating to Shubhah (doubt) .... So the first causes intentions and desires to be corrupted, whilst the second causes knowledge and beliefs to be corrupted."

Speaking about such trials, he said:
    "Hearts - when exposed to such Fitan (trials) - are of two types:

The first type:

a heart, which, when exposed to such trials, absorbs it like a sponge that soaks-up water, leaving in it a black stain. Such a heart continues to soak-up the various trials that are presented to it, until it becomes dark and corrupted - which is what is meant by "an over-turned vessel."So when this occurs, two dangerous and deadly diseases take hold of it and plunge it into destruction:

(i) Confusing good with evil, so it neither recognizes the good, nor rejects the evil. This disease may take hold of it to such an extent that it believes good to be evil; and evil to be good, Sunnah to be Bid'ah (innovation); and innovations to be the Sunnah. And the truth to be falsehood: and falsehood the truth.

(ii) Judging by its whims and desires, over and against what Allah's Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) came with being enslaved by its whims and desires and being led by them also.

The second type:

a white heart in which the light of remain is bright and its radiance is illuminating. So when trials are presented to such a heart, it rejects and turns away from them. This further increases its light and illumination and its strength."

This is sooooooooooooooooooooo pretty, mashallah! Not just the content, but the layout and pics you have chosen. Simply beautiful!

Maybe sister, you can teach me how the art of making posts look smashing and soooooooo purrty.

Jazakallah khair for this post.
    Trials of the Heart

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

Sawdah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Seeker of Jannah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah, JazakiAllah Khair for the share ukhtee.
    Trials of the Heart

So glorify the praises of your Lord and be of those who prostrate themselves (to Him).
    Surah al-Ĥijr(The Rocky Tract) 15:98
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Wow, nice colourful topic!

Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

Jazakum Allah khayran my respected brother and May Allah fill every single moment of your life with the colors of happiness and satisfaction and May he never prevent ya from seeing His Al Mighty face and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab View Post
    *********bump again**********
    may Allah remind you of Ash`shahadah always and forever and in the last moment of your life before your end which I am begging Allah to make it the best and to save you from all harms, the torment of grave and hellfire and May Allah grant you Al Firdaws Al Aalaa without being reckoning and all the Ummah O my respected and noble brother Ameeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    This is sooooooooooooooooooooo pretty, mashallah! Not just the content, but the layout and pics you have chosen. Simply beautiful! Maybe sister, you can teach me how the art of making posts look smashing and soooooooo purrty. Jazakallah khair for this post.
    ^^ the beauty is in your precious eyes and heart sweetie. May Allah love you my darling and protect you from all harms and evil in this dunya and in the Akhirah and may He be with you giving you the best always and forever and all the Ummah Ameeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Sawdah View Post
    SubhanAllah, JazakiAllah Khair for the share ukhtee.
    Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Wa Iyaki habibat qalbi and May Allah open for you all the doors of goodness and success and fill your precious heart with endless peace, comfort , Sabir, His rememberance, His love, happiness, satisfaction, Qur`aan, Sunnah and their knowledges and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeen
    Trials of the Heart

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Trials of the Heart

chat Quote

.iman.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

asalaam 3likoum ukhti

barakAllahu fiki for the lovely post! I love reading your topics, so many great reminders
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh honey

and May Allah bless you too, love you and make all of His creation love you and May He The Exalted make Al Firdaws Al A3laa love you and miss you till you enter it without being reckoning and the whole Ummah too Ameeeeeeeeen
    Trials of the Heart

chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! Trials of the Heart Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Trials of the Heart