× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1559

[Debate] Should you have dogs or burgular alarms for securty?

User29123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Salam,

OK this is something people say you can have it or not and so on. So I want everyone's opinion on this. First dogs in Islam cannot be kept as pets since they are seen as unclean, however some people say you can have them for security some say get a burglar alarm! Here is my opinion.

First, I think having dogs as security guard is OK in Islam, many would argue about CCTV and so on, however, dogs are different since if I had Alarm that would go off and scare away a burglar, but while a dog can bark and attack! and a camera can't do that.

Second the Alarm may go off but the burglar may not panic, since he knows the cops take 5 minutes to come!, but if a dog is in your home, then the burglar will forget about everything and run....

Third, have both dog and alarm since a burglar would not....bother touching you...If the Alarm fails the dog can handle it, and if the dog get shot, the burglar alarm can handle it

Overall I think you can have them as guard dogs, but what do you guys think, and why?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ali Mujahidin's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    SaifulLah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: [Debate] Should you have dogs or burgular alarms for securty?

From what I have learned, keeping dogs is only allowed in Islam for two reasons. One, for guarding property and, two, for hunting. Just make sure that the dogs are kept outside the house and you have a pail of clean earth in the bathroom to use when taking wudhu after touching the dogs.

The best combination that I know is is one small poodle and one big dobermann. Poodles are very smart and dobermanns can be trained not to bark - just go for the throat!

Whatever anti-burglar system you use, though, is nothing compared to having a malaikat or two to keep on eye on your house. I have heard of a dua to ask for such assistance. I will post it when I can find it. Perhaps some more knowledgeable brothers or sisters can give a hand on this. WaLLahu aklam.

Faith is believing what you cannot see.
    http://areesalaam.com Islam from the viewpoint of a layman
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle View Post
    Salam,

OK this is something people say you can have it or not and so on. So I want everyone's opinion on this. First dogs in Islam cannot be kept as pets since they are seen as unclean, however some people say you can have them for security some say get a burglar alarm! Here is my opinion.
    Salaam,

First, I think having dogs as security guard is OK in Islam, many would argue about CCTV and so on, however, dogs are different since if I had Alarm that would go off and scare away a burglar, but while a dog can bark and attack! and a camera can't do that.
    Dogs are more expensive to look after? They will also require attention too. Some dogs may also attack lawful visitors if they are not trained properly.

Second the Alarm may go off but the burglar may not panic, since he knows the cops take 5 minutes to come!, but if a dog is in your home, then the burglar will forget about everything and run....
    A gun could do the job too. It may scare away the burglar. Just speculating.

Third, have both dog and alarm since a burglar would not....bother touching you...If the Alarm fails the dog can handle it, and if the dog get shot, the burglar alarm can handle it
    =)

Overall I think you can have them as guard dogs, but what do you guys think, and why?
    I think it is fine to keep dogs for guarding purposes but it is not going to be cheap and dogs can be dangerous to lawful visitors. I cannot keep dogs because I won't be able to look after it.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Mr.President's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

kill that burglar A GUN WOULD DO THE TRICK !!!

CCTV + A SHOT GUN WITH PLENTY OF AMMO
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! [Debate] Should you have dogs or burgular alarms for securty? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. [Debate] Should you have dogs or burgular alarms for securty?