× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1673

The Muslim Who Cried Wolf

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Here's a nice article I read recently. I think it's a beneficial one that all Muslims living in today's world should take a look at... I'm curious to see what you guys think of the points raised in it.

The Muslim Who Cried Wolf, by Abu Eesa Niamatullah
    Last edited by Tyrion; 09-05-2011 at 03:24 AM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Muslim Who Cried Wolf

I liked the first comment:
    salam
    With all due respect, ya shaykh, while I agree we should be very careful to reserve judgement until facts are out (we learned our lesson from a story sometime back when we publicized story of a MSA sister who was “assaulted” and turned out to be a fake)… but at the same time you are clearly missing the fact that there is an active, and systematic movement (well-funded) that is working to dehumanize Muslims. We can’t wait for hate-crimes to become commonplace before we take charge of the situation. And yes, sometimes “appropriate” overkill (I don’t like this word but devils advocate) can help preempt much worse.
    You should read the CAP report that Wajahat co-wrote recently. This is serious stuff that one or two cry-wolf stories do not undo.
    wasalam
    | Likes Rhubarb Tart liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - The Muslim Who Cried Wolf

chat Quote

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Muslim Who Cried Wolf

I agree that there is a serious problem out there when it comes to anti Islam/Muslim sentiment in the West... But I think a large number of us tend to take it a bit too far... A balance would be best, with us understanding and working against those that would harm us, but at the same time not ignoring our own problems and jumping at every opportunity to blame someone else. Hope that made sense.
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! The Muslim Who Cried Wolf Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Muslim Who Cried Wolf