× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 22 visibility 4636

Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

ابن آل مرة's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

Report bad ads?

Al-salam `alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Brother Tariq Mehanna was sentenced to 17.5 years and 7 years of supervision today.

Tariq's speech courtesy of http://www.freetarek.com/tareks-sentencing-statement/ :

Read to Judge O’Toole during his sentencing, April 12th 2012.

In the name of God the most gracious the most merciful

Exactly four years ago this month I was finishing my work shift at a local hospital. As I was walking to my car I was approached by two federal agents. They said that I had a choice to make: I could do things the easy way, or I could do them the hard way. The “easy “ way, as they explained, was that I would become an informant for the government, and if I did so I would never see the inside of a courtroom or a prison cell. As for the hard way, this is it. Here I am, having spent the majority of the four years since then in a solitary cell the size of a small closet, in which I am locked down for 23 hours each day. The FBI and these prosecutors worked very hard—and the government spent millions of tax dollars – to put me in that cell, keep me there, put me on trial, and finally to have me stand here before you today to be sentenced to even more time in a cell.

In the weeks leading up to this moment, many people have offered suggestions as to what I should say to you. Some said I should plead for mercy in hopes of a light sentence, while others suggested I would be hit hard either way. But what I want to do is just talk about myself for a few minutes.

When I refused to become an informant, the government responded by charging me with the “crime” of supporting the mujahideen fighting the occupation of Muslim countries around the world. Or as they like to call them, “terrorists.” I wasn’t born in a Muslim country, though. I was born and raised right here in America and this angers many people: how is it that I can be an American and believe the things I believe, take the positions I take? Everything a man is exposed to in his environment becomes an ingredient that shapes his outlook, and I’m no different. So, in more ways than one, it’s because of America that I am who I am.

When I was six, I began putting together a massive collection of comic books. Batman implanted a concept in my mind, introduced me to a paradigm as to how the world is set up: that there are oppressors, there are the oppressed, and there are those who step up to defend the oppressed. This resonated with me so much that throughout the rest of my childhood, I gravitated towards any book that reflected that paradigm – Uncle Tom’s Cabin, The Autobiography of Malcolm X, and I even saw an ethical dimension to The Catcher in the Rye.

By the time I began high school and took a real history class, I was learning just how real that paradigm is in the world. I learned about the Native Americans and what befell them at the hands of European settlers. I learned about how the descendents of those European settlers were in turn oppressed under the tyranny of King George III. I read about Paul Revere, Tom Paine, and how Americans began an armed insurgency against British forces – an insurgency we now celebrate as the American revolutionary war. As a kid I even went on school field trips just blocks away from where we sit now. I learned about Harriet Tubman, Nat Turner, John Brown, and the fight against slavery in this country. I learned about Emma Goldman, Eugene Debs, and the struggles of the labor unions, working class, and poor. I learned about Anne Frank, the Nazis, and how they persecuted minorities and imprisoned dissidents. I learned about Rosa Parks, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, and the civil rights struggle. I learned about Ho Chi Minh, and how the Vietnamese fought for decades to liberate themselves from one invader after another. I learned about Nelson Mandela and the fight against apartheid in South Africa. Everything I learned in those years confirmed what I was beginning to learn when I was six: that throughout history, there has been a constant struggle between the oppressed and their oppressors. With each struggle I learned about, I found myself consistently siding with the oppressed, and consistently respecting those who stepped up to defend them -regardless of nationality, regardless of religion. And I never threw my class notes away. As I stand here speaking, they are in a neat pile in my bedroom closet at home.

From all the historical figures I learned about, one stood out above the rest. I was impressed by many things about Malcolm X, but above all, I was fascinated by the idea of transformation, his transformation. I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie “X” by Spike Lee, it’s over three and a half hours long, and the Malcolm at the beginning is different from the Malcolm at the end. He starts off as an illiterate criminal, but ends up a husband, a father, a protective and eloquent leader for his people, a disciplined Muslim performing the Hajj in Makkah, and finally, a martyr. Malcolm’s life taught me that Islam is not something inherited; it’s not a culture or ethnicity. It’s a way of life, a state of mind anyone can choose no matter where they come from or how they were raised. This led me to look deeper into Islam, and I was hooked. I was just a teenager, but Islam answered the question that the greatest scientific minds were clueless about, the question that drives the rich & famous to depression and suicide from being unable to answer: what is the purpose of life? Why do we exist in this Universe? But it also answered the question of how we’re supposed to exist. And since there’s no hierarchy or priesthood, I could directly and immediately begin digging into the texts of the Qur’an and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, to begin the journey of understanding what this was all about, the implications of Islam for me as a human being, as an individual, for the people around me, for the world; and the more I learned, the more I valued Islam like a piece of gold. This was when I was a teen, but even today, despite the pressures of the last few years, I stand here before you, and everyone else in this courtroom, as a very proud Muslim.

With that, my attention turned to what was happening to other Muslims in different parts of the world. And everywhere I looked, I saw the powers that be trying to destroy what I loved. I learned what the Soviets had done to the Muslims of Afghanistan. I learned what the Serbs had done to the Muslims of Bosnia. I learned what the Russians were doing to the Muslims of Chechnya. I learned what Israel had done in Lebanon – and what it continues to do in Palestine – with the full backing of the United States. And I learned what America itself was doing to Muslims. I learned about the Gulf War, and the depleted uranium bombs that killed thousands and caused cancer rates to skyrocket across Iraq. I learned about the American-led sanctions that prevented food, medicine, and medical equipment from entering Iraq, and how – according to the United Nations – over half a million children perished as a result. I remember a clip from a ‘60 Minutes’ interview of Madeline Albright where she expressed her view that these dead children were “worth it.” I watched on September 11th as a group of people felt driven to hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings from their outrage at the deaths of these children. I watched as America then attacked and invaded Iraq directly. I saw the effects of ‘Shock & Awe’ in the opening day of the invasion – the children in hospital wards with shrapnel from American missiles sticking out of their foreheads (of course, none of this was shown on CNN). I learned about the town of Haditha, where 24 Muslims – including a 76-year old man in a wheelchair, women, and even toddlers – were shot up and blown up in their bedclothes as the slept by US Marines. I learned about Abeer al-Janabi, a fourteen-year old Iraqi girl gang-raped by five American soldiers, who then shot her and her family in the head, then set fire to their corpses. I just want to point out, as you can see, Muslim women don’t even show their hair to unrelated men. So try to imagine this young girl from a conservative village with her dress torn off, being sexually assaulted by not one, not two, not three, not four, but five soldiers. Even today, as I sit in my jail cell, I read about the drone strikes which continue to kill Muslims daily in places like Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen. Just last month, we all heard about the seventeen Afghan Muslims – mostly mothers and their kids – shot to death by an American soldier, who also set fire to their corpses. These are just the stories that make it to the headlines, but one of the first concepts I learned in Islam is that of loyalty, of brotherhood – that each Muslim woman is my sister, each man is my brother, and together, we are one large body who must protect each other. In other words, I couldn’t see these things beings done to my brothers & sisters – including by America – and remain neutral. My sympathy for the oppressed continued, but was now more personal, as was my respect for those defending them.

I mentioned Paul Revere – when he went on his midnight ride, it was for the purpose of warning the people that the British were marching to Lexington to arrest Sam Adams and John Hancock, then on to Concord to confiscate the weapons stored there by the Minuteman. By the time they got to Concord, they found the Minuteman waiting for them, weapons in hand. They fired at the British, fought them, and beat them. From that battle came the American Revolution. There’s an Arabic word to describe what those Minutemen did that day. That word is: JIHAD, and this is what my trial was about. All those videos and translations and childish bickering over ‘Oh, he translated this paragraph’ and ‘Oh, he edited that sentence,’ and all those exhibits revolved around a single issue: Muslims who were defending themselves against American soldiers doing to them exactly what the British did to America. It was made crystal clear at trial that I never, ever plotted to “kill Americans” at shopping malls or whatever the story was. The government’s own witnesses contradicted this claim, and we put expert after expert up on that stand, who spent hours dissecting my every written word, who explained my beliefs. Further, when I was free, the government sent an undercover agent to prod me into one of their little “terror plots,” but I refused to participate. Mysteriously, however, the jury never heard this.

So, this trial was not about my position on Muslims killing American civilians. It was about my position on Americans killing Muslim civilians, which is that Muslims should defend their lands from foreign invaders – Soviets, Americans, or Martians. This is what I believe. It’s what I’ve always believed, and what I will always believe. This is not terrorism, and it’s not extremism. It’s what the arrows on that seal above your head represent: defense of the homeland. So, I disagree with my lawyers when they say that you don’t have to agree with my beliefs – no. Anyone with commonsense and humanity has no choice but to agree with me. If someone breaks into your home to rob you and harm your family, logic dictates that you do whatever it takes to expel that invader from your home. But when that home is a Muslim land, and that invader is the US military, for some reason the standards suddenly change. Common sense is renamed “terrorism” and the people defending themselves against those who come to kill them from across the ocean become “the terrorists” who are “killing Americans.” The mentality that America was victimized with when British soldiers walked these streets 2 ½ centuries ago is the same mentality Muslims are victimized by as American soldiers walk their streets today. It’s the mentality of colonialism. When Sgt. Bales shot those Afghans to death last month, all of the focus in the media was on him—his life, his stress, his PTSD, the mortgage on his home—as if he was the victim. Very little sympathy was expressed for the people he actually killed, as if they’re not real, they’re not humans. Unfortunately, this mentality trickles down to everyone in society, whether or not they realize it. Even with my lawyers, it took nearly two years of discussing, explaining, and clarifying before they were finally able to think outside the box and at least ostensibly accept the logic in what I was saying. Two years! If it took that long for people so intelligent, whose job it is to defend me, to de-program themselves, then to throw me in front of a randomly selected jury under the premise that they’re my “impartial peers,” I mean, come on. I wasn’t tried before a jury of my peers because with the mentality gripping America today, I have no peers. Counting on this fact, the government prosecuted me – not because they needed to, but simply because they could.

I learned one more thing in history class: America has historically supported the most unjust policies against its minorities – practices that were even protected by the law – only to look back later and ask: ‘what were we thinking?’ Slavery, Jim Crow, the internment of the Japanese during World War II – each was widely accepted by American society, each was defended by the Supreme Court. But as time passed and America changed, both people and courts looked back and asked ‘What were we thinking?’ Nelson Mandela was considered a terrorist by the South African government, and given a life sentence. But time passed, the world changed, they realized how oppressive their policies were, that it was not he who was the terrorist, and they released him from prison. He even became president. So, everything is subjective – even this whole business of “terrorism” and who is a “terrorist.” It all depends on the time and place and who the superpower happens to be at the moment.

In your eyes, I’m a terrorist, and it’s perfectly reasonable that I be standing here in an orange jumpsuit. But one day, America will change and people will recognize this day for what it is. They will look at how hundreds of thousands of Muslims were killed and maimed by the US military in foreign countries, yet somehow I’m the one going to prison for “conspiring to kill and maim” in those countries – because I support the Mujahidin defending those people. They will look back on how the government spent millions of dollars to imprison me as a “terrorist,” yet if we were to somehow bring Abeer al-Janabi back to life in the moment she was being gang-raped by your soldiers, to put her on that witness stand and ask her who the “terrorists” are, she sure wouldn’t be pointing at me.
    The government says that I was obsessed with violence, obsessed with “killing Americans.” But, as a Muslim living in these times, I can think of a lie no more ironic.

-Tarek Mehanna
    4/12/12
    | Likes 'Aleena, Abz2000, N/A liked this post

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    KDhieb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

Salam...
    Akhhhhhhhh the state and delusion of this world is so incredible and defying of all "civilized" behavior..

There is no doubt that Allah will remain close to him and insha Allah, he does not lose his strength...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Account from a brother.

Asalaamualikum,

Just wanted to say that Tariq's statement in writing does not do it justice if you heard it in real life. The way he was speaking, the flow, no one in the room could of denied how powerful his speech was. Everyone, including the judge, were listening with their eyes wide open. Even ICNA/CAIR representatives who came for support coulden't believe how powerful his speech was. Everyone left that room with pride, heads high with a big smile like tariq just got exonerated. There was a reporter from NPR who did a story about tariq 5 months ago in tariq's room and he said that " you guys were not lying about this guy". He said he was shocked how tariq is, thinking he was a typical ignorant kid who just spent hours online every night watching jihadi videos. He just left us speechless and his parents could of not been any more proud of their son. The man got a standing ovation from the courtroom, including the other 2 over flow rooms, that is almost 300 people.

I spoke to him the day before the sentencing. I told him i was worried that he might get too emotional and make certain statements that might harm his sentencing or his whole case. He told me he is not stupid and he has something " short and basic" and he will only address the judge about himself. Well, he sure fooled me. One good brother, Mauri Salakhan, who attended and has helped in the past, said he has been to many court rooms where muslims were being sentenced and he has never ever heard something so electrifying.

Tariq told me to make sure that people know he never asked the judge for mercy or leniency. He said he has done nothing wrong and that he will never apologize for something he has not done. What is interesting here is this: If tariq took a guilty plea deal and begged for mercy or admit to the judge about the accusations and apologize and take everything back, he would of probably gotten a lighter sentence, maybe between 10-15 years. But subhanallah, look at how he left the courtroom with honor and dignity. The judge, prosecutors and the media were so angry that he was defiant about his position and that he will always side with the oppressed no matter what. Please keep him in your duas inshaallah since the appeal is going to be filed tomorrow.
    Last edited by ابن آل مرة; 04-16-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    | Likes Abz2000, N/A liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mehanna Sentenced to 17.5 Years
    Hundreds of Supporters Stand With Him, Vow to Continue the Fight

Dr. Tarek Mehanna was sentenced to 210 months today at the Moakley Federal Courthouse, with more than 300 supporters packing the courtroom and overflow rooms. In a landmark case that has mobilized civil liberties and Muslim groups nationwide, Dr. Mehanna was sentenced for providing 'material support' to a terrorist organization, amidst hundreds of protesting supporters.

Mehanna addressed the court, stating: "Everything I learned [as a young adult] confirmed what I was beginning to learn when I was six: that throughout history there has been a constant struggle between the oppressors and the oppressed. And with each struggle I learned about, I found myself consistently siding with the oppressed and consistently siding with those that defend them."

Dr. Mehanna remained composed throughout the day's proceedings, thanking supporters and exiting with a firm "assalaam alaikum." In a moving expression of solidarity, Dr. Mehanna's supporters stood up and applauded as he exited. While supporters were not allowed to wear symbols of support, such as FREE TAREK shirts, into the main courtroom, their presence was greatly felt.

“Today has been yet another travesty of justice, a continuation of this whole trial,” Rev. Jason Lydon declared outside the courthouse, following the hearing, where friends, family, and supporters rallied in protest of the heavy sentence. Family friend, Sarah Moawad, stated, "Dr. Mehanna is an outspoken Muslim leader who was prosecuted for his criticism of the government's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and his advocacy for the right of people to defend themselves. The first amendment is dead. A member of our community is going to prison for 17.5 years because of conversations he had and beliefs he held."

With sentencing over, Dr. Mehanna will be transferred to a federal prison out of state in the coming weeks, but supporters don't seem to be going anywhere. Laila Murad, of the Tarek Mehanna Support Committee, vowed, "This is not over. We will continue to fight for justice for Tarek and the countless others who have been imprisoned for their political beliefs, and we will expose the outrageous, vindictive practices of the FBI and the US Attorney's Office."

Despite the sentence, supporters stated that they had seen concrete results. A coordinator for Dr. Mehanna's support campaign, Kate Bonner-Jackson, attributed the prosecutors' recommendation of 25 years, rather than the possible sentence of life without parole, to community support for Dr. Mehanna and public outcry, including almost 100 pages of support the court received prior to sentencing. She stressed the need for continued solidarity.

Dr. Mehanna's parents thanked supporters and affirmed that they stand behind their son. "We're proud of Tarek and the stances he took," his brother, Tamer Mehanna stated. "Our attorneys will be filing an appeal immediately."

As the large crowd dispersed, a long-time friend of Dr. Mehanna's, Mohamed Bahi, commented, "Tarek has remained steadfast and so will we. We won't rest till he's free."

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

freetarek - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره
    | Likes جوري liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Br Tarek's drawing (2 years ago) sums up his sentencing statement:

562070 365887953454848 169798393063806 1035177 2118781776 n - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره
    | Likes جوري, Amat Allah, TrueStranger, tw009, Abz2000 liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Amazing drawings by Tarek:

251118 205531149490530 169798393063806 561135 5163303 n - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

wwwislamicboardcom - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A drawing by Tarek that portrays his feelings about American Muslims today. How American Muslims are stripped out of the most important aspects of their religion and injected with new ideas and thoughts that are contradictory to Islam.

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

look at the ****s media *****s calling it a rant

God how they sicken me.. may Allah wrath befall them in every aspect of their lives, in their money, in their lives and in their children and may they be cast into hell insha'Allah..
    | Likes Abz2000 liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M. View Post
    Allah Akbar and that is true jihad stand up and speak a word of truth against these tyrants..

May Allah swt free all our prisoners and grant them truth and pure happiness in this life and the next..

Allah Akbar fawq kayd almo3tadi.. Allah Akbar above all they do those petty cockroaches... inhoum rijis walhi

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/13/the_...ase/singleton/

A German artist converting after hearing his statement. Allahu Akbar..

Account from a sister, Jazaaha Allahu khaira
    Wanted to share some awesome news with you guys:

I was speaking to a German atheist about a canvas banner he was working on for Tariq, to see if our FT team could hold duplicate events across the states. He told me that he was an atheist but that he feels drawn to Islaam, and that Tariq's speech and his experience, etc, has inspired him so much. Within moments (after typing out the shahadah for him) he converted!! I just couldn't believe it subhan'Allaah! Tariq's speech was the last push he needed to become a Muslim.

How Powerful and Mighty is Allaah, and how amazing are His ways. WAllaahi I strongly believe that change is in the air and that we will see fruits of Tariq's speech and his stance in the near future, bi 'idhnillaa

| Likes جوري, N/A liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That gave me goosepimples respected br. Ahmed Thanks for sharing I am losing my mind with grief and sadness over Muslims =(

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know, this should be a wake up calls for all the Muslims in U.S., this case was a big case, it was a landmark, and an example of what they can do to you. Officially, now there is no such thing as freedom of speech. Someone was put on trial and sentenced to 17.5 years for their thoughts and beliefs.

Start planning for Hijrah, and that is a big part of the solution, or else you will be next.

اللهم عليك بهم
    اللهم اجعل تدبير أعداءنا تدميراً لهم ومكرهم مكراً بهم يارب العالمين
    | Likes purple liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know, this should be a wake up calls for all the Muslims in U.S., this case was a big case, it was a landmark, and an example of what they can do to you. Officially, now there is no such thing as freedom of speech. Someone was put on trial and sentenced to 17.5 years for their thoughts and beliefs.

Start planning for Hijrah, and that is a big part of the solution, or else you will be next.

اللهم عليك بهم
    If they haven't knocked on your door yet.. they will..
    Pls. don't tell me you believe in the 'freedom of speech bull****' do you? as it is freedom to express only one type of speech.. just have a look at the charges against sheikh ghounim for calling a spade a spade.. they want then Interpol to get him because they don't like his speech..
    They, the excrement & snot of Satan get to define for you what freedom is you don't get to think it for yourself!

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

اللهم عليك بهم
    Ameen ameen thouma ameen Allahouma i7sihim 3addada waqtolhoum madadda wla toghaddir minhoum a7adda..
    We're all tariq.. he is my brother..
    I don't know how to pray for him or sr. Afifa or others anymore I am so sad =(

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you know when he called the prosecutor a liar? Was he interrupting his speech?
    I hope Allah swt sends his hosts out on all the kaffirs who put br. Tariq there and those like em every where they cause Muslims to suffer. Look at the injustice in the world sobhan Allah there's no good left in the world that I can see
    | Likes purple liked this post

chat Quote

Amat Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. (42)Racing ahead, their heads raised up, their glance does not come back to them, and their hearts are void. (43)And, [O Muhammad], warn the people of a Day when the punishment will come to them and those who did wrong will say, "Our Lord, delay us for a short term; we will answer Your call and follow the messengers." [But it will be said], "Had you not sworn, before, that for you there would be no cessation? (44)And you lived among the dwellings of those who wronged themselves, and it had become clear to you how We dealt with them. And We presented for you [many] examples." (45)And they had planned their plan, but with Allah is [recorded] their plan, even if their plan had been [sufficient] to do away with the mountains. (46)So never think that Allah will fail in His promise to His messengers. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Owner of Retribution. (47)[It will be] on the Day the earth will be replaced by another earth, and the heavens [as well], and all creatures will come out before Allah, the One, the Prevailing. (48)And you will see the criminals that Day bound together in shackles, (49)Their garments of liquid pitch and their faces covered by the Fire. (50)So that Allah will recompense every soul for what it earned. Indeed, Allah is swift in account. (51)This [Qur'an] is notification for the people that they may be warned thereby and that they may know that He is but one God and that those of understanding will be reminded. (52)"

Surat Ib'raaheem

"Indeed, the Qur'an is a decisive statement, (13)And it is not amusement. (14)Indeed, they are planning a plan, (15)But I am planning a plan. (16)So allow time for the disbelievers. Leave them awhile. (17)"

Surat Attaariq

"Said Moses to his people, "Seek help through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah. He causes to inherit it whom He wills of His servants. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous." (128)"

Surat Al Aaraaf

Be Patient, let them plan and play as much as they want , I am trying to hold my self from laughing now, laa ilaha illa Allah...

That day will come just have patient O Believers O Slaves of Allah O the Ummah of Muhammad Bin Abdillah (salla Allahu alyhi wa sallam)...

| Likes جوري, purple, 'Aleena liked this post

sapvas2xc6e9di1ikgif 1 - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره
    chat Quote

purple's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

His speech was posted on facebook and once I started reading, I couldnt stop. It is a powerful speech not a rant. Allah (swt) have mercy on him!
    | Likes جوري, 'Aleena liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    His speech was posted on facebook and once I started reading, I couldnt stop. It is a powerful speech not a rant. Allah (swt) have mercy on him!
    I can't believe the disgusting & vile twist 'Fox' put on his words calling it a rant.. is there a live recording of it? Would really love to see the moment he called the prosecutor a liar.. I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about him.. and thinking of all the Muslims I know on whose door they knocked.. in this most vile police state...

may Allah swt yofok asrena ajma3een.. we're all prisoners in some form aren't we?

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

TarekMehanna007 1 - Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره Muslim student Tarek Mehanna, right, at Ground Zero in 2005 or 2006, with associates Ali Aboubakr and Daniel Spaulding. Aboubakr testified at Mehanna's trial. Photograph: Prosecution exhibit

On 12 April, Tarek Mehanna was found guilty of conspiracy and of giving material support for terrorism and was sentenced to 17 years in prison. The prosecution accused Mehanna of translating statements for al-Qaida and of disseminating pro-jihadist material on the internet. Mehanna maintains that he does not support the world view of al-Qaida, though he is unapologetic for supporting the rights of Muslims to defend themselves against their oppressors – in this case, US and British soldiers. The American Civil Liberties Union has said that the verdict against Tarek "undermines" free speech, while the prosecution holds that Tarek was "conspiring to support terrorists" and "for conspiring to kill Americans overseas".
    However, if Tarek Mehanna is guilty, so am I. I, too, support the right of Muslims to defend themselves against US troops, even if that means they have to kill them, and I try to give the Iraqi resistance a voice through my website. I have done everything that Tarek Mehanna has done, and there are only two possibilities as to why I am not sitting in a cell with him: first, the FBI is incompetent and hasn't been able to smoke me out; second, the US judicial system would never dream of violating my freedom of speech because I am white and I am a veteran of the occupation of Iraq.
    Indeed, Mehanna is being punished for his ideas, and the case against him stinks of a lynch-mob mentality. The Islamophobia that still grips the US has often resulted in a hysterical witch-hunt for "radical" Muslims, of which Tarek Mehanna is the most recent victim. Most Muslims in the US can get by as long as they proclaim their love for this country and keep their mouths shut about American foreign policy, but a Muslim who is vocally critical of US policy is still a very scary thing for many in the US. Mehanna's ideas have been criminalized because they are critical of US policy and advocate for jihad, which, unfortunately, is pitifully misunderstood in the US. In the current political atmosphere, critical ideas are too often equated with extremism, and jihad is equated with terrorism.
    Jihad is not synonymous with terrorism, however, and most Americans would be shocked to learn that they share many values with jihadists, such as duty, the importance of self-improvement, and the right to self-defense. Jihad, which literally means "struggle" or "effort", can describe an internal struggle to refrain from sin, an effort to promote Islamic values, or a duty to defend other Muslims when they are under attack. Jihad is not an aggressive war to convert others, nor does it condone terrorism. Yet, jihad is popularly understood in America to be a call for terrorism against infidels.
    I found Tarek Mehanna's sentencing statement eloquent and truthful. I agree with him that much of what the US military has done in Iraq and Afghanistan can be characterized as terrorism, and I support Afghans and Iraqis who fight back against us. What I helped do to the city of Fallujah was terrorism, and I lost two dear friends in that operation, but I cannot hate or begrudge the resistance in Fallujah for killing them. They were only doing what I would have done had a foreign army been laying siege to my hometown. We were the aggressors and the terrorists, and I can see that now, eight years too late.
    I agree with Tarek Mehanna that when Muslims attack US troops that have invaded and occupied their country, it is not an act of terrorism. It is simply warfare. Just as when George Washington's army attacked British troops in 1776, it was not terrorism, but warfare. However, such a comparison assumes that there is an objective definition of "terrorism" that is used consistently by Americans. But as Tarek Mehanna pointed out in his sentencing statement, the term "terrorism" is subjective in American discourse, because the term is only acceptable when it is used to refer to what the official enemy does to us.
    If there were an objective definition, then the same standards by which we condemn the terrorism of others could be used to condemn our acts of terrorism. We could then say that the "shock and awe" bombing of Iraq killed more innocent civilians than the attacks of 9/11, and was also an act of terrorism. We could also say that what we did to Fallujah was an act of terrorism. But such statements are shocking and unthinkable to Americans.
    I'm not afraid to profess my support for Tarek Mehanna, or to advocate for his ideas, because I know the law does not apply equally to all in America. My whiteness and my status as a veteran will protect me. But Tarek was brown and he never made the mistake of enlisting in the Marine Corps, as I did. So he will spend the next 17 years in a prison cell
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...speaking-truth

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Br.Tariq Mehanna's sentencing speech. فك الله أسره