× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1662

marriage and parent

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

marriage and parent

Report bad ads?

i always have lot of issues with my family probably bcz they are more traditional and i am logical. currently they want me to marry girl of their choice but im refusing them bcz i have somewhat different criterion for life partner. i value religion and education and they focus more on outlook and caste. i dont want to disobey them as i know parents have much rights in islam but at same time i cant accept what they are choosing for me.
    anyway i am now confused and disturbed whether Allah SWT will be unhappy with me if i refuse my parent. can someone explain how much parents have right in choosing bride for their son..
    plzz reply what should i do.
    JazakAllah O khair.
    marriage and parent

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: marriage and parent

They have no right to impose a particular bride on you. You should make it clear to them from the start that you're not going to let them do that. I'd think beating around the bush and showing indecision would only drag out the process and make it harder for them.
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: marriage and parent

tell them what kind of girl u are looking for . They can suggest u to meet someone for marriage purpose but surely can't force u . Also , if they have chosen a girl who is religious , then don't disagree just because parent selected her.

Also offer Istekhara before taking decision on marriage.
    marriage and parent

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! marriage and parent Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. marriage and parent