× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 16 of 16 visibility 2988

About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !! masah allah 488183 438893182859670 813204636 n - About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!
    | Likes جوري, Muslim Woman, White Rose, Iceee liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aflawedbeing's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!

Masha'Allah. Truly inspiring.
    May Allah swt keep them, and all of us firm upon our deen and in constant pursuit of self improvement. Ameen.
    | Likes Muslim Woman, abo mussaab liked this post
    chat Quote

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Honestly, that number doesn't interest me nearly as much as the number of people that could be leaving Islam every year.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

While obviously there's some. Given the fact that Islam is renowned as being the fastest growing faith in the world, it's much less.
    I'm not diminishing that each and every one is a grave tragedy. I'm just saying, Allah swt alone guides and misguides.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    crimsontide06's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
    Honestly, that number doesn't interest me nearly as much as the number of people that could be leaving Islam every year.
    I believe most leave because they feel Islam is too strict. They feel life is about loving everyone and having fun.
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post

It's not a news at all that some people are leaving Islam . If u leave Islam and become Christian , u will get many facilities . If u don't believe in Islam anymore , u will enjoy life as u wish - no restriction . But despite the media propaganda agianst Islam , people specially western women are embracing Islam , that's amazing .
    | Likes marwen liked this post

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06 View Post
    I believe most leave because they feel Islam is too strict. They feel life is about loving Then obvioeveryone and having fun.
    First of all I must take exception to this, as it seems as though you are speaking as though only/even mostly reverts leave Islam. This is completely untrue - anyone can be misguided just as anyone can be guided (sincerely).
    Either way, the reverts that do haven't given Islam the right respect and consideration before embracing the true way of life if they leave for this reason.

May Allah swt keep us all steadfast. Born Muslim, or not. Ameen.
    chat Quote

Aprender's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06 View Post
    I believe most leave because they feel Islam is too strict.
    Or due to loneliness. In my experience it's very difficult for reverts to "fit in" to a community that has its own sub-communities and cultures where a revert doesn't feel welcome. Often times they end up adopting another culture instead of practicing Islam and lose themselves in the process. That can lead to self-hatred, a feeling of losing their individuality and instead of realizing where they went wrong in the beginning by focusing on a culture instead of the religion, they blame Islam for that unhappiness and leave so that they can be themselves again.

Another problem I see is the lack of Islamic scholarship in the West. There is a lot of mistranslation, apologetics, misinterpretation and cultural oppression that happens to reverts living in Western countries. To be American is inherently anti-Islamic to some in the Muslim community and that's not a good thing.

I do think that we as a Muslim community need to take some responsibility for the lack of resources we provide to newer Muslims and work toward building better academic institutions for Islamic studies in America. Understanding the Islamic heritage that America has and the history of Islam in other parts of the world is something that needs to be better emphasized in addition to working toward properly practicing this deen so that people don't feel alienated. Learning the Arabic language is something that should be an ongoing process.

Still, American Muslims, reverts or not, need to make the effort to learn and grow with the religion and rely only on Allah (swt) despite the barriers that are currently in place.
    | Likes Qurratul Ayn, aflawedbeing liked this post
    chat Quote

Naeema's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I keep saying that it is because so much of my life is easy (I have clean water, regular electricity, plenty of food) that the isolation of being a revert in America is a test I must pass. I have more time to read Quran and work on my memorization now; so that's a good thing. But I can imagine that if you had many friends and were used to being very social with them, that the post-revert desert would be very lonely.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab View Post
    About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !! masah allah wwwislamicboardcom - About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!
    Source? I could claim 100,000 people a year convert to Islam every year in the USA, but without a census report, I'd take it as a wild claim.

Scimi

15noje9 1 - About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

here's one source:
    http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hem-koran.html

and here's another:

numbers don't matter though we need quality not quantity Muslims and indeed if we can rid ourselves of wishy washy ones whose hearts are those of kaffirs we'd be collectively better of.
    | Likes marwen, Al-Mufarridun liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!

chat Quote

Ramadan90's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I absolutely agree with sister above. We need quality muslims. How many muslims do consciously seek self development in Islam to perfect all aspects of their deen?

It is relatively easy to declare the words of Shahadah, but it takes the rest of one's life to live up to those words. If we don't progress from that first day when we accepted Islam, then we have not made much progress in becoming better Muslims, have we? This deepening comes both in terms of knowledge and in the way we behave.

May Allah make us quality believers who seek excellence in every aspect of this beautiful way of life.
    | Likes Al-Mufarridun, Naeema liked this post
    chat Quote

Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ View Post

numbers don't matter though we need quality not quantity Muslims and indeed if we can rid ourselves of wishy washy ones whose hearts are those of kaffirs we'd be collectively better of.
    I love you too
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Strange... I thought they would be converting to secular Judaism. Or are these American Muslims infiltraitors? If the Americans can't destroy Islam they can join it and rot it out from the inside. Just like the commies and gays rotted out the Church. Sorry if I sound like a cynic, but what ever the USA touches turns to cr*p.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol. That is surely a cynical thing to say... but the truth is, many revert for genuine reasons.

There is a very small micro-minority that revert with the intention to "rot it out from the inside" as you say. We've got proof of that too, on these very boards.

Scimi

15noje9 1 - About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!
    chat Quote

Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    There is a very small micro-minority that revert with the intention to "rot it out from the inside" as you say. We've got proof of that too, on these very boards.
    I would very much like to see that proof, brother.
    chat Quote

21. Hide
Hey there! About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!