Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Celebrating Eid-Ul Fitr in moon night

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikum Oa Rahmatullah,

I would like to know about a sensitive issue in our country Bangladesh. Some of the villagers in Bangladesh celebrate every Eid-ul Fitr similar to Saudi Arabia when countrywide celebrates after Saudi Arabia. My question is- is it acceptable to celebrates any religious festivals like Eid-ul-Fitr before the moon has shown on the sky? Please share your thinking according to Islamic policy…
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Celebrating Eid-Ul Fitr in moon night

Wa'alaikumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

In Indonesia there are two main schedule of start and end Ramadan. First is government version which based on Shafi'i madhab calculation. Second is Muhammadiyah version that always same as Saudi schedule. And beside these two main schedule, some Sufi tariqa also have their own schedules to start and end Ramadan. There's no problem with this.

Muslims may have different calculation to determine the start and end of Ramadan, and we must respect this difference.
    | Likes fahmida25 liked this post
    chat Quote

fahmida25's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

at ardianto: Is there any Qur'anic ayat or any sahih hadith regarding the issue? Can you share it to the clearance for me...!
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are two methods to determine when the Ramadan begin and end. Both methods are valid according to fiqh, but the result can be different.

First method is Hisab, or calculation. In this method Muslims determine the beginning and end of Ramadan based on astronomical calculation. When the moon has reach its determined position according to fiqh, then the Ramadan begin or end, even if moon sighting is not visible by eyes.

Second method is Rukyah, or observation. In this method Muslim observer have to see moon sighting by their eyes. If moon sighting hasn't visible, then the Ramadan hasn't begin or end, even if astronomical calculation shows that moon has reached its position.

The result of these two methods of course, can be different.

Can Muslims in Bangladesh start and end Ramadan follow Saudi schedule and not follow Bangladeshi schedule?. Yes and no. It's depend on which fiqh that be used.

I don't know about Hanafi. But according to Shafi'i madhab fiqh that followed by majority of Indonesian people, Muslims must determine begining and end of Ramadan through moon sighting observation that performed in their own area. It's means Shafi'i Muslims in Indonesia cannot follow Saudi which is in other area. Different than non-Madhab who can follow Saudi schedule.

There is diversity in fiqh, and we must respect this differences.
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Celebrating Eid-Ul Fitr in moon night Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Celebrating Eid-Ul Fitr in moon night