× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 3787

Chapel Hill Shooting

aflawedbeing's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Chapel Hill Shooting

Report bad ads?

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Naturally the killer's race and religion was not released. Naturally, he will not be called a terrorist - merely a criminal, lone wolf, or possibly criminally insane.

Let's watch the media whip up a frenzy about this.

...Oh, wait.

v2 chapel hill victims 5 - Chapel Hill Shooting

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10037734.html
    | Likes BeTheChange liked this post
    Chapel Hill Shooting

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Patrick's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Chapel Hill Shooting

I'm feel bad about this I live around the area and feel upset. The killer was a religious fanatic, older white male in his 50s. It's not getting that much press over here except on face book.
    chat Quote

Abdullahh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Rest in peace. They are gone but never to be forgotten! The terrorist responsible will pay for his evil crimes.
    chat Quote

BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah swa forgive their sins, bring peace/comfort to their families and friends & make it easy for them in the next life Ameen.

Because their were killed for being Muslims (Alhamdulilah) this makes them a shaheed right?
    | Likes Patrick liked this post
    Chapel Hill Shooting

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Patrick's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes we can only be criminals over here. Serial killers school shootings gang killings. I've never seen the term terrorist apply to these. Even though the similarities are enough for me. Apparently you have to threaten security. Well not like security like our bank robbers but I guess the term only applies to people that threaten society? But do it in a way that confuses us more than other ways of killing? Trust me the average citizen over here has no clue what the world is going on.
    chat Quote

introspective's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm feel bad about this I live around the area and feel upset. The killer was a religious fanatic, older white male in his 50s. It's not getting that much press over here except on face book.
    According to reports, his FB states that he's an anti-theist. Describing him as a religious fanatic is debatable.

One detail that stood out in this case is that the gunman waited hours later to turn himself to the police; was he at war with his conscience after committing murder? I'm wondering what kind of principles or code he follows.

Even though it is easy to say this could legally be classified as a hate crime, there's not much to speculate since there are no details of the gunman's testimony. Regardless, murder is murder (e.g. homicide is homicide).

I did not know Deah personally but he was easy to get along with.

May Allah ease the pain of the bereaved families.
    Last edited by introspective; 02-15-2015 at 01:04 AM.
    | Likes MuslimInshallah liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Problem with calling this a "hate crime" is that the guy was anti-theist in general, so pretty much anybody he killed would have fit. The vast majority belong to one religion or another. Had he happened to have killed catholics, would this have been a hate crime against catholics? Do we know that he killed due to his hatred of religion, or was there some other reason he did it? In cases like Charlie Hebdo and Isis it is made more clear why they do it, as they straight out say so while doing it. I wonder if this guy did. I know he has some stuff on a web page, but that's not the same, and I don't know if he spoke against Religion itself or against religious people. The one I would consider a virtue, the other a vice.
    chat Quote

سيف الله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by aflawedbeing View Post
    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Naturally the killer's race and religion was not released. Naturally, he will not be called a terrorist - merely a criminal, lone wolf, or possibly criminally insane.

Let's watch the media whip up a frenzy about this.

...Oh, wait.

v2chapelhillvictims5 1 - Chapel Hill Shooting

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10037734.html
    Terrible news .

Thought this was an interesting analysis of the media response

Having said that ordinary people did turn out in force to the funeral 5000+ if I remember correctly.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Problem with calling this a "hate crime" is that the guy was anti-theist in general, so pretty much anybody he killed would have fit. The vast majority belong to one religion or another. Had he happened to have killed catholics, would this have been a hate crime against catholics? Do we know that he killed due to his hatred of religion, or was there some other reason he did it? In cases like Charlie Hebdo and Isis it is made more clear why they do it, as they straight out say so while doing it. I wonder if this guy did. I know he has some stuff on a web page, but that's not the same, and I don't know if he spoke against Religion itself or against religious people. The one I would consider a virtue, the other a vice.
    To translate ‘I’m not a racist but. . . . . . .’
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Junon View Post
    To translate ‘I’m not a racist but. . . . . . .’
    Huh? You think I said something racist? What does race have to do with anything I said?
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! Chapel Hill Shooting Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Chapel Hill Shooting