× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 44 visibility 6184

Islamophobic Comments by Non-Muslims (Intermittent Compilation Started)

Search's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

(In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

So, I often hear from Islamophobic pundits that there is no such thing as "Islamophobia."

Well, then I'd like them to explain away comments that I'm reading on news articles daily. All welcome aboard to do so.

In this thread, I am going to document intermittently (depending on inclination and my availability) any Islamophobic comments I happen to find from herein out, today's date being September 29th, 2016.

Let's see how many I can get because if Islamophobia isn't "real", then I shouldn't actually be able to find any practical instances of people saying things that would be termed Islamophobic, should I? Rhetorical question.

However, before I proceed with that, let's define "Islamophobia" for all of us in the thread. Islamophobia is defined, according to Wikipedia, simply as "prejudice, hatred, or bigotry directed against Islam or Muslims." I'd say that's a fairly accurate and inclusive definition in terms of the everyday forms it takes, though of course we know it can also take the form of discrimination or political force.

For example, Islamophobia has been defined by University of California, Berkeley, for purposes of anchoring their research and research project as "a contrived fear or prejudice fomented by the existing Eurocentric and Orientalist global power structure. It is directed at a perceived or real Muslim threat through the maintenance and extension of existing disparities in economic, political, social and cultural relations, while rationalizing the necessity to deploy violence as a tool to achieve 'civilizational rehab' of the target communities (Muslim or otherwise). Islamophobia reintroduces and reaffirms a global racial structure through which resource distribution disparities are maintained and extended."

Now that we know the definitions of Islamophobia, let's define what it is not. Georgetown University, for example, says something on this topic with which I agree: "Rational criticism of Islam or Muslims based on factual evidence is not intrinsically Islamophobia, just as criticism of the tenets or followers of other religions or ethnic groups does not necessarily indicate bigotry or prejudice."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, for example, in the story of the New Jersey train crash September 29th, 2016, some of the illuminating comments (which I only cursorily browsed) illustrative of Islamophobia are the following:

James
    I just wonder if a Muslim was given an opportunity to become a train conductor. Honestly I hate flying in planes, don't need to fly on a plane when I can't see the pilot ,or know he is not descendants from Arab.

william
    Train engineer was probably a Muslim Terrorist ----------Our Government brings all these third world people here and gives them all our good paying Government jobs that put public safety at risk ! Just look at all the bridge toll plaza workers ---Muslims ! How stupid is that !
    Last edited by Search; 09-30-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Islamophobic Comments by Non-Muslims (Intermittent Compilation Started)

i prefer not to succumb to the victimised mindset..

because as you know im an extremely rational and grounded individual "/

if the media reports only on muslim crime then maybe there should be less muslim crime.

its the black lives matter conspiracy..

yes black people in america have it hard.

yes they are supposedly less likely to succeed.

...and yes they are open to unfair discrimination by the law and at every point in life..

allegedly.

but you cant change society from the outside..

you cant want to be equal or better.. and turn away from society.

you cant change the law unless you are a part of it.

they need to be a whole lot better just to get anywhere..

i dont want a riot so i can get a new tv!

i want to buy my own damn tv!

...so i dont buy into islamaphobia.

and yes, if the whole place works against you..

and the prison wardens are tougher and smarter and faster..

then man the toll booths.

let you figure out everything you need to know about the man.

...and the slacker..

dont work against each other at least.

guaranteed..

most people like escape..

most people like sleep.

i suppose its about how much you let go or how good your answers are.

...humility is achieved by various paths.

just google it in the same sentence as quran..

quran on humility.

...but what if i am wronged or killed while trying to earn an honest buck?

...well maybe they will have to report that too.

http://news.trust.org/item/20160901173351-yw0nu/
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-29-2016 at 09:19 PM. Reason: someone should write a book about how not to get shot by the police.. or how not to kill the people you care about.
    | Likes Search liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Search
    Rational criticism of Islam or Muslims based on factual evidence is not intrinsically Islamophobia, just as criticism of the tenets or followers of other religions or ethnic groups does not necessarily indicate bigotry or prejudice.
    I'm so glad you mentioned this point, as it is often forgotten. The reason many of us have a problem with the term 'Islamophobia' is that, while prejudice and hatred directed at Muslims is a genuine problem that should be deplored, the word is too often used to shut down conversations or to silence criticisms of Islam or Muslims that may well be reasonable and worthy of discussion.

BS, The same group that did 9/11 did this and it was a "FAIL" They (Secret Society) wanted way more death and destruction! You can bet on more big events from these satanic fools!
    I could be wrong, but on the face of it I don't think this comment is necessarily about Muslims at all. This looks more like someone who believes in New World Order type conspiracy theories. I think that's the kind of "Secret Society" being referred to here.

Peace
    Last edited by czgibson; 09-29-2016 at 09:08 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

I'm so glad you mentioned this point, as it is often forgotten. The reason many of us have a problem with the term 'Islamophobia' is that, while prejudice and hatred directed at Muslims is a genuine problem that should be deplored, the word is too often used to shut down conversations or to silence criticisms of Islam or Muslims that may well be reasonable and worthy of discussion.

I could be wrong, but on the face of it I don't think this comment is necessarily about Muslims at all. This looks more like someone who believes in New World Order type conspiracy theories. I think that's the kind of "Secret Society" being referred to here.

Peace
    thats the joke really.. im not even a black person o_0

pretty sure black people would not like me talking about a situation i cannot possibly relate too.

maybe it should have been about poor people.. alcoholics and gamblers and what not..

Unfortunately the word overtakes most of us.

..its a full time job trying not to get caught up and opinionated..

and type cast.

pushed and pulled until we are finally made into who we are.

...im not what i claim to be.. and im certainly not what most people claim me to be..

the struggle continues.

we are all things to all people.

....but yes.. i wouldnt mind if people said.

i hate whats going on in iraq, i hate whats going on in syria.. i hate whats going on in most parts of the world..

but personally..i mostly hate whats going on here..

they put me through hell here lol.

..dont ever blow up.

...and the man said to me.. if i see anything wrong im taking it down..

thats right, mirror me back... i thought.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-29-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    ...im not what i claim to be.. and im certainly not what most people claim me to be..

the struggle continues.

we are all things to all people.
    I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about much of the time.

Peace
    | Likes Scimitar, noraina, sister herb, Search liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it is the depths of despair people feel..

if you have not known it, count yourself lucky.

if you have returned from it, count yourself lucky.

if your willing to be absorbed and used by a situation..

then the role is set, the tole has to be paid.

better to be a stranger in the land.

i have no idea if you defend or condemn muslims when you talk about them in converstion..

i just want them to be the better versions of themselves.

...and whos to say they arnt?
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-29-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    | Likes Search, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about much of the time.

Peace
    I like reading his posts. They're like going to a Pink Floyd concert without the sin.
    | Likes Mustafa16, Scimitar, noraina, cooterhein liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

I do think we should be discussing some criticisms of Muslim and Islam openly because otherwise we leave a vacuum for those to have those conversations who may experience no qualms about leveraging the conversation in a direction that Muslims do not like and that which does not represent mainstream Islam.

Peace
    You're right - it could be interpreted that way; I'll edit my opening post.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion View Post
    I like reading his posts. They're like going to a Pink Floyd concert without the sin.
    ...i suppose i will never be mainstream.

but il take it "/ thank you.

https://youtu.be/FxcKNs8R9AE
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-30-2016 at 02:30 AM. Reason: winners dont do drugs.. at least its not fear and loathing yet.
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    kritikvernunft's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    prejudice, hatred, or bigotry directed against Islam or Muslims.
    We should embrace the opportunity to suffer for our allegiance to our Beloved Master, the singular God, and to prove our faith! What greater honour could there be than that? I desire to be prejudiced and hated for my obedience to the One God. The more they hate me, the more I feel vindicated that I am sitting on the truth. It only confirms that I am right and that they are wrong!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

(Peace be upon you)

You're a really nice brother.

I too admit to struggling to decipher your posts. Sometimes, your post makes sense; but many times, I am also unable to understand.

I know you're capable of writing in a way that all of us understand, and I've kind of always been curious then why you don't communicate in that way. You never have to be mainstream as we're all different and our uniqueness makes us all special and we're in that uniqueness reflecting divine perfection in our own way; you can still be unconventional though and see to your words being understood.

I just wonder what good is sharing of knowledge or wisdom if the other person to whom you've communicated cannot understand because of the manner of communication? Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said as part of a larger hadith (prophetic tradition): "Talk to people according to their level of understanding."

Barkallahu feek (may God bless you).

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    ...i suppose i will never be mainstream.

but il take it "/ thank you.

https://youtu.be/FxcKNs8R9AE
    (And peace be upon you)
    Last edited by Search; 09-30-2016 at 02:55 AM.
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...have you considered being a traffic warden?

no?

being right is not always the way forward.

it would be great if we put some of these on the "about me" sections of c.v's..

a broken clock is right twice a day.. unless its digital.. then maybe only once per day..

although most of us just need some batteries to move on..

nobody holds a monopoly on truth..

OP wants to keep this thread for future news..

i feel the derail is strong in this one.

....aaaand on topic again.

format_quote Originally Posted by Search View Post

(Peace be upon you)

You're a really nice brother.

I too admit to struggling to decipher your posts. Sometimes, your post makes sense; but many times, I am also unable to understand.

I know you're capable of writing in a way that all of us understand, and I've kind of always been curious then why you don't communicate in that way. You never have to be mainstream as we're all different and our uniqueness makes us all special and we're in that uniqueness reflecting divine perfection in our own way; you can still be unconventional though and see to your words being understood.

I just wonder what good is sharing of knowledge or wisdom if the other person to whom you've communicated cannot understand because of the manner of communication? Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said as part of a larger hadith (prophetic tradition): "Talk to people according to their level of understanding."

Barkallahu feek (may God bless you).

(And peace be upon you)

...i am not nice o_o

id appreciate you not slandering me to such an extent.

mainly i just use li.. ib to vent... hence the attempts at humour.

take everything written with a pinch of salt.

feel free to correct as you see fit..

i apologise in advance.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-30-2016 at 11:50 AM.
    | Likes Search, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

(Peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft View Post
    We should embrace the opportunity to suffer for our allegiance to our Beloved Master, the singular God, and to prove our faith! What greater honour could there be than that? I desire to be prejudiced and hated for my obedience to the One God. The more they hate me, the more I feel vindicated that I am sitting on the truth. It only confirms that I am right and that they are wrong!
    In spiritual understanding, I completely 100% agree with you because suffering is a means of raising our levels in paradise.

Next, I wanted to address the nature of divine truth: While it is true that divine truth is always is opposed, I wanted to add two commentative things: (1) We should reflect through our characters the perfection of Islam inasmuch as possible so that we attract others too to the divine truth, and (2) injustice should not be allowed to stand in two cases: (a) If a person suffers an injustice that he know others will suffer if he keeps quiet, then he should for a certainty not allow that injustice to stand because that injustice cannot be confined to him alone. (b) Also, a person should not keep quiet when he knows others are similarly already suffering to the best of his available knowledge.

However, if a person suffers a specific injustice (and is the type of injustice not likely to spread to others), in his heart, mind, and being, he can be completely content to let the injustice stand. Instead, what he can and should do is use that injustice as an opportunity and vehicle (keeping in mind that God has said there is no veil between the supplication of the oppressed) to God to ask forgiveness for that unjust person and also ask God for their guidance (and also if that person aspires to be truly saintly then never even complain of that injustice if possible even to his own heart) because that injustice is truly one of the greater spiritual honors from God if we're able to truly be patient and apply "The Law of the Garbage Truck."

God has said in the Quran (25:20): "And We make some of you a trial for others. Will you bear patiently? And your Lord is Ever-Seeing."

In principle, the "The Law of the Garbage Truck" is as follows:

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us!

My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, really friendly.

So I asked, “Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!”

This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, “The Law of the Garbage Truck.”

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage (frustration, fear, anger, disappointment, discontentment, etc.). As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they’ll dump it on you. Don’t take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don’t take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

So, yes, if a person is able to carry such injustice of another alone without ill will and contentment, seeing in one's own suffering the hand of God, then that person should do that as that is a superior and saintly quality in spiritual terms; in carrying another's garbage, he's just become a jewel to God.

While, yes, in one sense you're seeing confirmation of the truth when others oppose Islam and Muslims, you're also in another sense seeing injustice of that which we would need to spread awareness and about which we would need to create an environment conducive to healthy discussions so as to avoid the phenomena of garbage contamination (as the injustice is not confined) for the sake of both Muslims and non-Muslims.

Remember Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one." People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."

In the cases of Islamophobia, non-Muslims are harming and oppressing us with their prejudice and ignorance but they are also harming and oppressing themselves with their own ignorance and arrogance; therefore, we should be swift in speaking out against such injustices whenever possible and never allow that prejudice to stand unchallenged. Suffering is valor and nobility when you suffer alone (on both sides), but suffering is an ignominy and ignobility when you know you don't (on both sides).

As a relevant tangential point, I'd add that even if we do not succeed in making a difference in perception, us trying is enough in God's eyes. And also, I note that there doesn't need to be a meeting of minds for there to a meeting of hearts or at the least for a respectful acknowledgement of one another's humanity to occur despite the differences. After all, one of the greatest paradoxes of life is that while we're all very different, we're all also much the same.

(And peace be upon you)
    Last edited by Search; 09-30-2016 at 04:42 AM.
    | Likes czgibson liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion View Post
    How funny that you should mention Pink Floyd. I've been playing and teaching their music for most of the day.

They're one of my favourite bands, so you won't be surprised when I tell you I don't believe there's anything sinful about their music at all.

Peace
    | Likes Little_Lion liked this post
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When people come out with 'there is no such thing as Islamophobia' it's just so stupid and wilfully ignorant. I mean....what are they trying to prove by such an scientifically invalid statement like that?

There's a capacity in the human mind to have a phobia against anything. I mean, look at this link from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_phobias

Anthophobia? That's fear of flowers.

So honestly that kind of statement is just utter nonsense, not because Muslims are paranoid and think everyone is out to get them, but because a phobia of anything is possible. And particularly how Islam is so prominent and misunderstood these days, ignorant people are bound to develop a phobia of it.

Speaking of Islamophobia, I can't remember where I read it but the funniest one I read was '1.9 billion of the world's Muslims are radicalised'. And they kept on repeated it in their responses. Where do those figures come from?

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Islamophobic Comments by Non-Muslims (Intermittent Compilation Started)

chat Quote

Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

How funny that you should mention Pink Floyd. I've been playing and teaching their music for most of the day.

They're one of my favourite bands, so you won't be surprised when I tell you I don't believe there's anything sinful about their music at all.

Peace
    Oh I can believe that. Up until literally a week ago I was an on-air personality for a classic rock station. Rather haram job for a Muslim, I know, but I got into broadcasting long before I converted. My favorite Pink Floyd song is "On The Turning Away".

To keep the thread on track, I used to hear a lot of Islamophobic comments at work, especially from my boss who is a HUGE Trump supporter. He had no idea I was Muslim, but the other DJ's and the salespeople knew and did not care. I don't think they even knew that I was not supposed to be listening to music.

Anyway, I always had a good internal chuckle when my boss would say things like "all the Muslims are going to be forced to the other side of the wall" (dang boss, that's going to be a long commute for me) or "they should all go back to their own countries" (um . . . Massachusetts?).
    | Likes Search, czgibson, Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

good ol racism..

https://youtu.be/69iSXks1bes
    chat Quote

Huzaifah ibn Adam's Avatar Scholar
    brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Kuffaar who hate Islaam usually say that, yes. "They should get back to their own countries."

Oh, you mean, the ones you've bombed? Till there's nothing left but rubble? Those ones?

It was Britain who invaded India and tried to colonialise the country. Killed how many of the Muslims there.

America and Britain are the ones who involved themselves in countries which have nothing to do with them, and then complain when they now have to reap the consequences. Who asked them to invade Iraq? Who asked them to attack Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, etc? Who forced them to involve themselves in the affairs of those countries? Now, they bombed the countries up and some of the inhabitants of those countries escape to America and Britain. Now that very America and Britain complain and say, "They must get back to their own countries." Fools. There wouldn't have been refugees in America and elsewhere if America and its puppets hadn't involved themselves in the business of other countries in the first place.
    | Likes Umm Abed, Search, Aaqib, noraina liked this post

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

Huzaifah ibn Adam's Avatar Scholar
    brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It all started with the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" lie, invented by America.

The world knows Saddam had no "Weapons of Mass Destruction".

The only "Weapons of Mass Destruction" are the ones being used by America and its puppets, to destroy the countries of the Muslims.
    | Likes Umm Abed, Serinity, noraina liked this post

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...roid-orange-gb

...it happens, dont forget why you turned up in the first place.

anybody can dictate the direction of progress..

there is no obligation to follow.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-30-2016 at 07:38 PM.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Islamophobic Comments by Non-Muslims (Intermittent Compilation Started) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Islamophobic Comments by Non-Muslims (Intermittent Compilation Started)