× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 1741

Almost here...

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Almost here...

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi!

I know this is said all of the time but I cannot believe how quickly this time of year has come again. This Friday we'll find out when Ramadan begins and fasting will begin on either Saturday or Sunday in'sha'Allah! And it's so important to remember as quickly as it has come this blessed month will as quickly pass us by.

May Allah swt guide us to reap all of the benefits of this wonderful month and ever increase our faith and yaqin. Ameen.

We all have our Ramadan traditions, every single Muslim family has them. I know a lot of sisters will share my grief of mass-producing samosas the week before We've done ours and they're nicely packed away in the freezer. Five different homemade fillings, no less *cough*masterchefbeatthat*cough*.

And our local masjid creates this beautiful Ramadan calendar which we *always* put up in the hallway. It's kind of like a reminder whenever I walk past it.

You can seriously feels the Ramadan vibes now alhamdulillah.
    | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post
    Almost here...

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Almost here...

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Scottish Celt's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Almost here...

Alhamdulillah!!!
    My first Ramadan awaits me,nervous but excited!!!
    | Likes noraina, MisterK liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt View Post
    Alhamdulillah!!!
    That's amazing ma'sha'Allah....and you'll absolutely love it.

It's quite difficult to describe, but that vibe and atmosphere cannot be compared to anything else. Alhamdulillah that as believers we've been blessed with such an experience.

Don't forget the dates if you can get hold of them...they're the best way to break your fast. I still need to get mine although my favourite ones are a bit of a drive away, lol.
    | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post
    Almost here...

chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamdulillah!!!
    Do you have any muslims near you bro?

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina View Post
    I know a lot of sisters will share my grief of mass-producing samosas the week before We've done ours and they're nicely packed away in the freezer. Five different homemade fillings, no less *cough*masterchefbeatthat*cough*.
    Just made fillings now to make samosas and kibbeh, waiting for them to cool so I can start stuffing. Sad thing is, I don't think I have enough room in the freezer
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    Almost here...

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

Do you have any muslims near you bro?

Just made fillings now to make samosas and kibbeh, waiting for them to cool so I can start stuffing. Sad thing is, I don't think I have enough room in the freezer
    Not really,but I have been speaking to a fellow Muslim brother that works in a local newsagent shop,the shop was quiet & I must admit I do look slightly Arabic,dark skin,black hair & my beard is coming on,Im not your stereotypical looking Scotsman,i noticed he was very curious & asking questions, if I was local/Scottish etc I knew what he was implying lol,i gave him a Salam,then of course he knew & asked if I was muslim,we got chatting he was very friendly,so I will pop in for more of a wee friendly chat on Friday/Saturday,maybe ask advice as I'm sure he will be helpful.
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not really,but I have been speaking to a fellow Muslim brother that works in a local newsagent shop,the shop was quiet & I must admit I do look slightly Arabic,dark skin,black hair & my beard is coming on,Im not your stereotypical looking Scotsman,i noticed he was very curious & asking questions, if I was local/Scottish etc I knew what he was implying lol,i gave him a Salam,then of course he knew & asked if I was muslim,we got chatting he was very friendly,so I will pop in for more of a wee friendly chat on Friday/Saturday,maybe ask advice as I'm sure he will be helpful.
    If here is one Muslim brother, I'm positive there are more. Inshallah you find a very supportive islamic community near you
    Almost here...

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If here is one Muslim brother, I'm positive there are more. Inshallah you find a very supportive islamic community near you
    most muslims in my area own & work in newsagent stores or local takeaways but I have seen a few immigrant families move in my town also,it is nice to see,sisters wearing hijab,and small muslim children attending local schools here,hopefully my town becomes more multi-cultural & a rise in Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Kibbeh - I've been meaning to try them out but I've never got round to it.

And I have nightmares about there not being enough room in the freezer - I hate it when my ice-cream doesn't all fit in there.
    Almost here...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

most muslims in my area own & work in newsagent stores or local takeaways but I have seen a few immigrant families move in my town also,it is nice to see,sisters wearing hijab,and small muslim children attending local schools here,hopefully my town becomes more multi-cultural & a rise in Islam.
    I'm taking my own thread off topic but that's okay I suppose....how is the Muslim community in Scotland? Is it particularly large or diverse?

I'm from the West Midlands in the UK and the general rule of thumb tends to be the further south you are the more you come across ethnic minority and immigrant communities. I've always wondered how it would be as far north as Scotland.

But there aren't many Muslims where I live, I still get excited if I see a sister wearing hijab alhamdulillah.
    Almost here...

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I ask Allah to make this month, the month, I gain strong yaqeen. Have suffered waswass for a year.

May Allah grant us all the yaqeen (Yaqeen means certainty), and strengthen our Imaan. Ameen.

Allahu alam.
    | Likes *charisma*, noraina liked this post
    Almost here...

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina View Post
    I'm taking my own thread off topic but that's okay I suppose....how is the Muslim community in Scotland? Is it particularly large or diverse?

I'm from the West Midlands in the UK and the general rule of thumb tends to be the further south you are the more you come across ethnic minority and immigrant communities. I've always wondered how it would be as far north as Scotland.

But there aren't many Muslims where I live, I still get excited if I see a sister wearing hijab alhamdulillah.
    Not as big as in the midlands Birmingham,was in Birmingham in 2013 I loved how multi-cultural it was,Glasgow is only our real multi-cultural city,south of the city of Glasgow it has a small Muslim community,but that's about it really, in some other towns & cities you might see a brother or sister wearing the hijab dotted about,since I have converted it is as you say pleasing to see,i have become more aware when I see them
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Almost here... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Almost here...