star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Doing Wudu - How do you do it?

Report bad ads?

As salam alikum wa rahmatAllah wa Barakatuh. From what I’ve understood, for wudu to be valid water drops must flow on every part to be washed (except when wiping the hair on head).
    I have to issues:

1) Washing the face: I struggle being confident water has flowed over my face, especially from the top of my forehead. I find it difficult to cover the entire face with water. I’ve seen many people washing their faces from bottom to top but I fail to see how this could actually fulfill the requirement of wudu as it doesn’t seem like water is flowing on the entire face. I find it easier to wash from top of the face to the bottom.

2) It takes me at least a minute to say I’ve confidently fully washed the limb while I see many people take only 10 seconds and they do seem to cover all of it. Why does it take me so long? I find wudu difficult to be fair. I feel like everyone knows how to do wudu except for me.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    فصيح الياسين's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Doing Wudu - How do you do it?

format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muslimbro View Post
    As salam alikum wa rahmatAllah wa Barakatuh. From what I’ve understood, for wudu to be valid water drops must flow on every part to be washed (except when wiping the hair on head).
    I have to issues:

1) Washing the face: I struggle being confident water has flowed over my face, especially from the top of my forehead. I find it difficult to cover the entire face with water. I’ve seen many people washing their faces from bottom to top but I fail to see how this could actually fulfill the requirement of wudu as it doesn’t seem like water is flowing on the entire face. I find it easier to wash from top of the face to the bottom.

2) It takes me at least a minute to say I’ve confidently fully washed the limb while I see many people take only 10 seconds and they do seem to cover all of it. Why does it take me so long? I find wudu difficult to be fair. I feel like everyone knows how to do wudu except for me.
    Dont get confused just spill waters and get it done
    Doing Wudu - How do you do it?

قال النبي محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم:*الـحياءُ شُعْبَةٌ مِنَ الاِيِمَانِ*
    و قال ايضا:*الحياء لاياتى الا بخير
    و قال ايضا:*اذا لم تستحي،فاصنع ما شئت*
    chat Quote

keiv's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cup a little bit of water in your hands and spread it on wherever you want to apply it. Once you apply it, wipe the area down again with your hands to spread it. Use minimal amounts of water as wasting it is discouraged. Its not uncommon to go behind someone who did wudu to find that the washing area looks like a hurricane passed through there =\
    chat Quote

Ahmed.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You don't have to be 100% sure that all wudhu areas are wet, just knowing that they are PROBABLY all wet is enough

Also water does not need to 'flow' over them areas, these wudhu areas just need to be wet that's all
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Saira Khan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muslimbro View Post

وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

Refer to the following hadith:

(Waswasa is from Shaitan. Beware of the wasawis of Shaitan when you are making wudu’, performing ghusl, and cleaning impurity.)
    [Tirmidhi]
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Doing Wudu - How do you do it? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Doing Wudu - How do you do it?