× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 27 visibility 16675

The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I'm taking this from another forum, and i think the poster there wont mind.

PROPHET’S (SAW) PROTECTION OF TAWHEED

1- Prohibited Mosques over Graves

"May Allaah (SWT) curse the Jews and Christians who took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship - do not imitate them."

2- Forbade Burying the Dead Inside Mosques

“The Messenger of Allaah (SAS) said: "Oh, Allaah! Do not let my grave become an idol that is worshipped: Allaah's Wrath is immense against those peoples who turned the graves of their Prophets into mosques."

"Do not make your homes into graves, nor make my grave into a place of celebration. Send your prayers and blessings upon me, for they will be conveyed to me wherever you may be." [Narrated by Abu Dawood]

3- Forbade Worshipping Allaah at Places Where Shirk Occurs or Has Occurred

“At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a man vowed to sacrifice some camels in Buwaanah. He came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘I have vowed to sacrifice some camels in Buwaanah.’ The Prophet Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Were there any idols there that were worshipped during the Jaahiliyyah?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Did they hold any of their festivals there?’ He said, ‘No.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Then fulfil your vow, for there is no fulfilment of any vow which involves disobeying Allaah, or with regard to something that the son of Adam does not own.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

4- Forbade Worshipping Allaah at Times Shirk Occurs

‘Uqbah bin Aamir said, There were three times at which Allah's Messenger (pbuh) used to forbid us to pray or bury our dead: (i) When the sun began to rise until it was fully up, (ii) When the sun was at its height at midday till it passed the meridian, (iii) When the sun drew near to setting till it had set. [Reported by Muslim]

5- Forbade Exaggeration in General

"Beware of exaggerated praise, for it was only this which led those before you to destruction." [Reported by Ahmad, An-Nasaa’ee and Ibn Maajah]

"Destroyed are those who are extreme" And he repeated it three times. [Reported by Muslim]

6- Forbade Muslims from Excessively Praising Him

"Do not extoll me as the Christians extolled the son of Maryam (AS); I am no more than a slave (of Allah) and so (instead), say: Allah's Slave and His Messenger." [Narrated by Al-Bukhaaree]

7- Forbade the Companions to Stand up in His Presence

'You were about to do what the Persians and Romans do. They stand in front of their kings when they are seated. Do not do that.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]

"No person was dearer to them than the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but when they saw him they did not stand up for him because they knew that he disliked that." [Related by Ahmad and At-Tirmidhee]

8- Forbade Image-Making

"The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah’s creation." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

"The painters of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, Make alive what you have created.’ [Related by Al-Bukhaaree]

“While I was with Ibn 'Abbaas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbaas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allaah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbaas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree, 3/428]

9- Forbade Muslims from Imitating the Disbelievers

"Whoever imitates a nation is one of them!" [Narrated by Abu Daawood]

“The one who imitates people other than us (i.e., in faith) is not from us. Do not imitate the Jews or the Christians” [Reported by At-Tirmidhee]

10- Commanded to Level all Raised Graves

"Should I not despute you on a mission on which I was sent by Allaah’s Messenger (SAW)? Deface all the pictures which you come across and demolish all the high graves to the level of earth." [Related by Muslim]

11- Reminded Muslims Regarding True Purpose of Visiting Graves

"I had forbidden you to visit the graves, but (now I allow you) so visit them for they remind you of the Hereafter.” [Reported by Muslim and Abu Daawood.]

“The Prophet (SAS) used to teach them (what to say) if they went out to the graveyards. They used to say: Peace be upon you all, O inhabitants of the graves, amongst the believers and the Muslims. Surely we will, Allaah willing, be united with you, we ask Allaah for well-being for us and you.” [Narrated by Muslim]

12- Forbade Certain Phrases Which Lead to Shirk

A Jewish man came to the Prophet (SAS) and said to him: "Verily, you (Muslims) commit Shirk, for you say: "As Allaah (SWT) Wills and as you will;" and you say: "By the Ka'bah!" And so the Prophet (SAS) ordered whoever wanted to swear, to say: "By the Rabb of the Ka'abah!" and to say: "As Allah (swt ) Wills, then as you will." [Narrated by An-Nasaa`ee]

A man came to the Prophet (SAS) and he said: "As Allaah (SWT ) and you, will," at which, the Prophet (SAS) said: "Would you set me up as a partner beside Allaah (SWT )? (Say "As Allah (SWT), Alone Wills." [Narrated by An-Nasaa`ee]

"Verily, the lowest name to Allaah is that of a man who calls himself "King of kings," for there is no king except Allah (SWT)." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]

13- Prohibited Making an Oath or Swearing by Any Created Object

“Whoever swears by anything other than Allaah has committed shirk.” [Narrated by Imaam Ahmad]

14- Forbade Undertaking A Religious Journey Except to Three Masaajid

"Do not saddle up your riding beasts, except to three mosques: "The Sacred Mosque (in Makkah), this mosque of mine and Al-Aqsaa Mosque (in Jerusalem)." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Last edited by Ibn Abi Ahmed; 05-07-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

Jazakallahu Khayr

I didn't understand the last point

14- Forbade Undertaking A Religious Journey Except to Three Masaajid

"Do not saddle up your riding beasts, except to three mosques: "The Sacred Mosque (in Makkah), this mosque of mine and Al-Aqsaa Mosque (in Jerusalem)." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]
    What is meant by that last point? You mean to say if I for example with to another country just to vite the Masjid there- its not allowed?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah View Post
    Jazakallahu Khayr

I didn't understand the last point

What is meant by that last point? You mean to say if I for example with to another country just to vite the Masjid there- its not allowed?

This Hadith is directed at those people who undertake a journey specifically to visit the shrine of a "saint" or an "auwliya". It is only permissible to take a journey to three mosques when that is your only intention. As per the Hadtihs preceding this, you can see that building shrines itself is forbidden in Islam. Therefore, it is only permissible to take a journey to these three mosques with that intention. i.e. I want to visit the Masjid Al-Haram etc.

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

chat Quote

Riya90's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakALlah for dis wonderful article brother
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazaak ALLAH for sharing very Informative article.

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

khayal 2 - The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

chat Quote

Muslim Soldier's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow

Don't Click Me (Updated)
    Updated 24/7

I am but a student. Please correct me if I am wrong. May Allah forgive my lapses.

If you want to see the rainbow,
    you have to survive the storm.

chat Quote

Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed View Post

This Hadith is directed at those people who undertake a journey specifically to visit the shrine of a "saint" or an "auwliya". It is only permissible to take a journey to three mosques when that is your only intention. As per the Hadtihs preceding this, you can see that building shrines itself is forbidden in Islam. Therefore, it is only permissible to take a journey to these three mosques with that intention. i.e. I want to visit the Masjid Al-Haram etc.

Ok. Jazakallahu Khayr for clearing that up.

chat Quote

Patience's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very nice post

wwwislamicboardcom - The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

chat Quote

...'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallah khair! That was a lot of knowledge mashaallah!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah protect us from the shaytaan and may we obey only Allah and worship only Allah Ameen.

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Maimunah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ameen to the duaa
    jazakaAllah khayr bro Ahmad
    wasalaam

رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِى*ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠) رَبَّنَا ٱغۡفِرۡ لِى وَلِوَٲلِدَىَّ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يَوۡمَ يَقُومُ ٱلۡحِسَابُ
    chat Quote

muslimah_here's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MASHALLAh that was good and I manged to read all of it as it wasnt very long winded to the point!!

ALLAHAFIZ.
    chat Quote

wafa islam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wonderful! Beneficial information!

Jaza kAllahu khayr

chat Quote

Ssss_muslimah's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

didnt get this point:

Forbade Exaggeration in General

"Beware of exaggerated praise, for it was only this which led those before you to destruction." [Reported by Ahmad, An-Nasaa’ee and Ibn Maajah]

"Destroyed are those who are extreme" And he repeated it three times. [Reported by Muslim]

does this mean that people who sometimes exaggerate telling a story or lie are committing shirk????
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ssss_muslimah View Post

didnt get this point:

Forbade Exaggeration in General

does this mean that people who sometimes exaggerate telling a story or lie are committing shirk????

It means exaggeration of people. For example, there is a pious person and people exaggerate his status and after he dies make a shrine around his grave start making dua to him there, and start using him as an intercessor. That is the exaggeration that the hadith is reffering to.

This is what the chrisitians are guilty of. They exaggerated the status of Isa (as) and ascribed divinity to him.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ass salaamu alaykum

JzaakAllaahu khayran akhee, Alhamdulillah i found this today cuase i was asked for a daleel about image making yesterday,but i could'nt remember the hadeeth to its exact!!
    8- Forbade Image-Making

"The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah’s creation." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

"The painters of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, Make alive what you have created.’ [Related by Al-Bukhaaree]

“While I was with Ibn 'Abbaas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbaas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allaah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbaas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree, 3/428]
    BaarakAllaahu feek akhee!
    Last edited by amirah_87; 03-10-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    chat Quote

halimahbintdavi's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bismilla

assalaam Alaikum,

http://survivorsareus.com/index.cfm/...awheed_Tauheed

Masha Allah very big with lot of information on tawheed to make this matter insha Allah very clear. May Allah make this of much benefit to you, insha allah.
    chat Quote

boriqee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed View Post

barakallahu feek for the point,s however, this issue right here has ikhtilaaf amongst ahlu-sunnah. Imaam Bin Baz and uthaymeen differed with al-Albanee on this issue, so it is not in totality rejected, however the manner in how it is performed is what is rejected e.g. the making of hajj to the qubur of rifa'i or Jilaanee or Shadhilee.
    I had just wished to point that out akhee
    asalamu alaikum
    chat Quote

Sadia25's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakallah for sharing the post!! very nice!

dana5jg 1 - The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brothers and sisters

jaakallahu khair

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed