× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 57 visibility 6471

A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum

Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Asalamulaikum.

I wanted to just put this out to every one because i dont like to name names and embarass people, also this is a reminder for my self. Also the ppl who do this the most know who they are.

Talking like your a "gangster"
    for all the ali g's out there, firstly there is no such thing as a muslim gangster because being a gangster would mean you rob/steal/cheat/fight/kill/commit crime etc etc.

therefore your nothing but a "plastic gangster" please for the love of god stop talking like your from queensbridge or the projects or have 50 cent as one of ur contacts. the ppl who talk like this aint even black, so why are u trying to talk like as if you are?? please talk in normal english so that we can all understand. a few examples of this type of language...

"u get mehhh"

"gwaan bredrin/breda"

"keep it real" (let me remind u that biggin up some one of the oposite gender can giv the wrong msg)

"yan stand"

and theres lots lots more.

slang/txt talk
    nt evry1 cn undastan txt tlk plz do nt tlk like dis it iz rilli annoying doze dat do need a dictionary or nd to spit dat chilli out der moufss u gets mehh!! grrrrr

one word answers
    these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.

hijiacking threads
    when someone starts a topic on lets say "jihad" its a thread regarding jihad not an oportunity for u to discuss how u did at school/collage that day or to have a giggle with the oposite gender, can you please keep your posts relavant to the topic at hand, if you want to have a conversation then ring up ur mates or something, remember this is an islamic forum not msn chat.

im going to have a nice meal with my husband now so dnt have time to write any more but im sure ill be back to add a few more things.

Asalamulaikum.
    Last edited by Daffodil; 05-31-2006 at 05:56 PM.

2. Report bad ads?
    SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Few things that are really bothering me about this forum.

...Always look on the bright side...of life...

wwwislamicboardcom - A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallahu Khayr for your input; I agree with much that was said. Note that these problems are not with the forum, but some members - who will Insha'Allaah improve soon and adapt to what is better.

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with you sister!! Especially with the 'gangsta' type of talk. Extremely irritating. But I see some members who used to talk like this beginning to stop, so Insha'allah with time

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post

Jazakallahu Khayr for your input; I agree with much that was said. Note that these problems are not with the forum, but some members - who will Insha'Allaah improve soon and adapt to what is better.

your right, and i have changed the title

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum

me agrees wit ya, but the thing about bein black lol, not all black people talk slang & just cause ya talk in a certain way, dont make you a certain race

jazakhallah

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

Hijaabi22's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^me agreees

nice post tho sis u talkin sense gal

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    me agrees wit ya, but the thing about bein black lol, not all black people talk slang & just cause ya talk in a certain way, dont make you a certain race

jazakhallah

it comes from the "hip hop" culture which is predominantly black. there is no need to adopt their way of talking.

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't get it, maybe some people who used to be sa called 'gangstahs' who robbed stole and done other stuff and grew up around such enviroments can't help but talk as if they are still 'gangstas' doesnt matter whether they are black or not, how typical! A person brought up in a way will act in a way whether they african european asian and so on.

I personally have seen alot of people who are not gangstas or have broken laws but because of the inviroment they have been brought up in speak in such manner 'you get meh' 'wasup' and so on, that just seems very insensitive.

I agree freeposters suck, and we should remember that this is a forum and not a chat place.
    I myself have been guilty of posting as if this is a chat place but some threads are not just hardcore information places, they are opinions which devolp with other people's opinion, but I have and will keep sticking to the comperative religion area cos thats where I dont talk in that manner.

Anyhow, I apologise if I have annoyed you personally by 'hyjacking' threads or any of the like.

I agree that the people using txt language should be considerate to others.
    And at the same time the people using big words should be too.

I just fail to see how someone should be penelised for speaking in a way that they have been used to because whatever circumstance 'area they live in' 'influences they have had' because they don't act like the stereotype that speaks like that.

Peace sorry if I have misunderstood anything.

hope you have a good meal, and cant wait for the baby. May Allah make it easy for ya.

Salam Aleykum

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah View Post
    I don't get it, maybe some people who used to be sa called 'gangstahs' who robbed stole and done other stuff and grew up around such enviroments can't help but talk as if they are still 'gangstas' doesnt matter whether they are black or not, how typical! A person brought up in a way will act in a way whether they african european asian and so on.

I personally have seen alot of people who are not gangstas or have broken laws but because of the inviroment they have been brought up in speak in such manner 'you get meh' 'wasup' and so on, that just seems very insensitive.

I agree freeposters suck, and we should remember that this is a forum and not a chat place.
    I myself have been guilty of posting as if this is a chat place but some threads are not just hardcore information places, they are opinions which devolp with other people's opinion, but I have and will keep sticking to the comperative religion area cos thats where I dont talk in that manner.

Anyhow, I apologise if I have annoyed you personally by 'hyjacking' threads or any of the like.

I agree that the people using txt language should be considerate to others.
    And at the same time the people using big words should be too.

I just fail to see how someone should be penelised for speaking in a way that they have been used to because whatever circumstance 'area they live in' 'influences they have had' because they don't act like the stereotype that speaks like that.

Peace sorry if I have misunderstood anything.

hope you have a good meal, and cant wait for the baby. May Allah make it easy for ya.

Salam Aleykum
    Walaikum Salaam

I totaly disagree with you brother.

When these people go for job interviews is this how they talk? I think not.

If they have a professional job is this how they talk to their customers? I think not.

Brother I myself have been through that "hip hop phase" and if I had spoke in the manner i spoke with my friends to my hsbc business customer id have got fired. When your around ppl who speak like that its easy to go with the flow n it rubs off on you too, however u can take that accent off just as quickly as u put it on.

That "plastic g" type of lingo is fake and people put it on. I know as ive been on both sides.

If people really wanted to stop talking like that they would do, especialy when on an islamic forum we shoud make that concious effort like you would do at a job interview or talking to a customer.

I find it very difficult to take ppl seriously when they talk like jokers, just as an interviewer would with a potential employee when theyre talkin like theyre singin along to some 50 cent track or speaking like....." yea i worked for dis guy innit, it woz hevi, i got paid pittence u gets meh but it woz a rite doss" I mean come off it, SORT IT OUT.

Halima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The sister explained it perfectly masha'Allah.

The way you conduct yourself on the forum can be apart of a bad habit that not only can be destructive to some other people, however, it can offend them.

The message that you send out to others is basically your first impression. So if you talk like your in the projects or the 'ghettos' then people will eventually start to think that you really are not productive.

To put it in simple words, leave your slang at home or just cut it.This not is not only a request from us, but from other people around you.

Jazakhallah Khair.

Do your charity in the name of Da'wah and help us out

Insha'Allah Khair.

Looking4Peace's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
    Asalamulaikum.

I wanted to just put this out to every one because i dont like to name names and embarass people, also this is a reminder for my self. Also the ppl who do this the most know who they are.

for all the ali g's out there, firstly there is no such thing as a muslim gangster because being a gangster would mean you rob/steal/cheat/fight/kill/commit crime etc etc.

therefore your nothing but a "plastic gangster" please for the love of god stop talking like your from queensbridge or the projects or have 50 cent as one of ur contacts. the ppl who talk like this aint even black, so why are u trying to talk like as if you are?? please talk in normal english so that we can all understand. a few examples of this type of language...

"u get mehhh"

"gwaan bredrin/breda"

"keep it real" (let me remind u that biggin up some one of the oposite gender can giv the wrong msg)

"yan stand"

slang/txt talk
    nt evry1 cn undastan txt tlk plz do nt tlk like dis it iz rilli annoying doze dat do need a dictionary or nd to spit dat chilli out der moufss u gets mehh!! grrrrr

one word answers
    these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.

hijiacking threads
    when someone starts a topic on lets say "jihad" its a thread regarding jihad not an oportunity for u to discuss how u did at school/collage that day or to have a giggle with the oposite gender, can you please keep your posts relavant to the topic at hand, if you want to have a conversation then ring up ur mates or something, remember this is an islamic forum not msn chat.

im going to have a nice meal with my husband now so dnt have time to write any more but im sure ill be back to add a few more things.

Asalamulaikum.

hahaha this is so true, ali g, thats great, maybe its actually him.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I see your point and I agree to some extent some people can put it off, personally I kinda can some of the time. (as I beautifull demostrate right now lol)

Nah seriously speaking, theres people that speak like that and find it hard not to, I do not see how it is offensive to people, it could be easily said that others shouldn't speak in a professional way because some of us aint that learned, some people speak in that manner cos it is relaxing maybe, maybe the come here and speak with fellow muslims with similar backgrounds who can understand them instead of speaking with non-muslim or muslims who will lead them to sin, I think it's a blessing to have even one person who comes from a not so good place come here online in an 'islamic' envioroment instead of them being outside doing sin, and if they feel comfortable speaking the way they speak and it aint sin then I dont see the big problem.

Maybe we just need to put up with stuff that we don't like about others for the sake of brother and sister hood.

It's petty language we don't know what people been through instead of saying someone's fake and they acting in this type of manner to look cool wel l that realy inst necesary.

The beautiful mix of cultures is a gem in Islam and in this Forum, Wallahi I havent seen a forum like this where the most serious talk happens in such a formal manner and the less serious talk happens in not such a formal manner.
    It's beautiful, the combination of cultures.

but thats just me, alot of things happen which might be annoying in sharing space with others we have to tolerate some, specially if it isn't effecting the deen.

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

whats wrong with the way people talk, aslong as they aint sinning then no problem

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wwwislamicboardcom - A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    My sig says it well, regarding "texties".
    ^ this sister is always onto it ..

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I see your point and I agree to some extent some people can put it off, personally I kinda can some of the time. (as I beautifull demostrate right now lol)

Nah seriously speaking, theres people that speak like that and find it hard not to, I do not see how it is offensive to people, it could be easily said that others shouldn't speak in a professional way because some of us aint that learned, some people speak in that manner cos it is relaxing maybe, maybe the come here and speak with fellow muslims with similar backgrounds who can understand them instead of speaking with non-muslim or muslims who will lead them to sin, I think it's a blessing to have even one person who comes from a not so good place come here online in an 'islamic' envioroment instead of them being outside doing sin, and if they feel comfortable speaking the way they speak and it aint sin then I dont see the big problem.

Maybe we just need to put up with stuff that we don't like about others for the sake of brother and sister hood.

It's petty language we don't know what people been through instead of saying someone's fake and they acting in this type of manner to look cool wel l that realy inst necesary.

The beautiful mix of cultures is a gem in Islam and in this Forum, Wallahi I havent seen a forum like this where the most serious talk happens in such a formal manner and the less serious talk happens in not such a formal manner.
    It's beautiful, the combination of cultures.

but thats just me, alot of things happen which might be annoying in sharing space with others we have to tolerate some, specially if it isn't effecting the deen.
    Its mainly the practicing brothers and sisters from this site that speak like this, Its not difficult to type correctly.

All this shows is that their attitude is lax and that they need to be more concious about the way they are putting themselves across.

Theyre being too relaxed and what happens when people relax? its much easier for them to joke around with ppl, its ok in the gender only sections but when you u have members of the oposite sex you should talk in a professional way, im not saying use big vocab n talk like ur a bank manager, Im simply saying that they need to be more aware of what theyre typing, because when theyre freely typing away without any concious effort to come across as respectful and decent theyre attitude flops and then they talk like this is a doss house and have a laugh and a giggle.

If they paid more attention with what they were typing and engaged their brains before they spoke, they would sound fresher, cleaner, more humble, more respectful and perhaps people would take them seriously.

Its like those idiots who go to jumah prayers dressed in their most expensive chavved out gear, silver chain, earing, cap, walk with a limp, have their trousers on low so that their boxer shorts are visible a mile away n walk in like they own the place n try to intimidate others and think theyre better then other brothers who are humble out of love for the prophet saw.

How can the brothers then take them seriously when they look pathetic in their eyes? To me its just the same as on a forum, we're all muslim, no ones better then any one else except in piety, so why post with this big stinking attitude thinking ur some g cuz u talk like dis u get me blood/bredrin.

All Im saying is that can these ppl inform their brains before their fingers start wizzing away at the keyboard and be more respectful and alert n be aware, other wise theyll start wondering why people dont take them seriously.

Asalamulaikum.
    Last edited by Daffodil; 05-31-2006 at 06:55 PM.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    ^ this sister is always onto it ..

Thats a brother. Isnt it?

EDIT THAT DICTIONARY THING IS HILLARIOUS "afro n 1. a large, almost spherical hair style generally attributed to people of African descent. Often abbreviated "fro". 2. any large hair style. ("Check out that guy's afro.") Submitted by Brittani Pena, Houston, TX, USA, 20-03-1998. " LOl
    Last edited by Umar001; 05-31-2006 at 06:52 PM.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thats a brother. Isnt it?
    ..Sorry,inside joke..

24. Report bad ads?
    x Maz x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
    Asalamulaikum.
    WalaykumAsalaam

Yes indeedo, everyone entitled to their opnion InshAllah

I dun get this Just cause yo tlk lyk dis ow it meen ya a gansgta? ya cnt b mucha gangsta if ya tinkn ya reppn' a islamic syt eh NOTE TO MASLF N OVAS!

Cause i was bought up in a atmosphere like i was :'( Aint ma fult, blame the people around me ...One does not have to be of black origin to converse and communicate in such a manner

"u get mehhh"
    Yup me homie i gets ya

"gwaan bredrin/breda"
    I aint personally heard the use of 'bredrin' and 'breda' is a term I think i only use with anuva akhi that likes to adopt ma style... But i gets ya sistaaaaaaaa
    Lol, this just a common slang term of saying 'Peace & stay blessed'??
    "yan stand"
    Hey check you, new lingo...needs to be jotted down straight away...

Yup, I know

slang/txt talk
    I am sure once again everyone can comprehend sentences just fine inshAllah, I have cut down Alhamdiullah but erm it all depends on the target audience in which thread your posting right?

one word answers
    I take heed, I am a sinner and so are we all...InshAllah i urge my fellow comrads to take heed and refrain from irrelvant idle chat as this without the rememberance of Allah makes a person have a hard heart and the one whom is furthest from Allah is the person who has a hard heart

hijiacking threads
    Yup No more off topic posts for moi...Oh i ring my mates aswell...they just dont pick up Nah jokes...Must....stay...on...topic...

EEnjoy and save me some ...Oh feel free to add anything else that spirngs to your mind

Asalamulaikum
    WalaykumAsalaam
    Peace and stay blessed x

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Aim for the ultimate prize
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    By definition has no flaw
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    ~I$lAm Z!nDaBaD~ BrAp BrAp

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum