star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

fajar...how do you get up

Report bad ads?

How do you wake up for Fajr? Do you have a Fajr buddy? Does your mum wake you up? Do you get water chucked into your face? HAve you ever been woken with a slap? So yeah, share ideas people...

Sleeping on something like the floor usually helps btw, because you arnt as comfortable, you arnt in as deep a sleep, so yeah, try that...
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: fajar...how do you get up

wen i was small lol my mum used 2 force me lik propa shake me & me sister flyin kicked me once

lol nowadays me gots hols from uni, so i jus do tahajjud & stay up til fajr cos its only lik @ 3.09, but if i got work or uni then i set lik 20 million alarms!! dat alwyz works

lol @ fajr buddys lol dey dnt work cos wot happens if both of ya fall asleep or dnt wake up & its a mission wen sum1 keeps miscallin u @ lik 3 am in d mornin

sleepin on floor is gud idea but once u get in d sleepin mood then ka booom ur gona sleep dats me tlkin frm xperience lol
    Last edited by chacha_jalebi; 06-07-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well, there's always one thing that wakes me up, the anticipation of listening/reading Quraan after waking, just feels as tho you gain something more than sleep...

Also, I play this call loud as I switch on my PC, although it isn't 'Salaatul Qiyaam' at that time, but I love that call to prayer they do in Makkah just before Taraweeh starts... :'(

I could upload it somewhere....but where?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Me i have a clock built in my head <--4 the bros!!

na...... trust me............ make intention to wakeup for fajr before u sleep....and u will wake up automatically
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

erm ........ from d computer

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

now i can wake up for fajr cuz i put my alarm on n keep it away from my reach so dat i cant switch it off....n wen it rings, its lyk soooo lound i v ta get up n switch it off....n das wen i wake up.....but b4 lyk wen i was really young, i neva used ta wake up for skool, but my mum used ta switch de tv on n say da cartoons on n off i get ....but den agen most of de tym iwake up cuz i remind myself dat if i dnt pray den der wud b no xcuse for dis on de day of judgement n das y i cud wake up ta pray
    oh yeh i did get water sprayed on mi face....but i used ta scream cuz its wayyyyy too annoyin n also da tune dat my mum/dad cals wen im asleep ta wake me up :grumbling.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Brown Clown View Post
    na...... trust me............ make intention to wakeup for fajr before u sleep....and u will wake up automatically
    its tru mashallah bro

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL

All tested...I used to miss Eshas and fajrs, until recently, I got into the habit of reading on time (I love my grand dad )...And today, was one of those days where Esha and fajr was completed.....Zuhr was such a peace of mind...

Cos I make up during Zuhr time!
    chat Quote

Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

DUA TO ASSIST ONE IN AWAKENING FOR TAHAJJUD /Fajr

A person remarked to
    Abdullah bin Abbas [radhiyallahu anhu],
    "I always intend awakening in the last portion of the night to perform Salaat but
    sleep overpowers me."
    Ibne Abbas [radhiyallahu anhu] replied,
    "Before sleeping recite from "QUL LAW KANAL BAHRU MIDADAL..." to the end of Surah
    Kahf.
    Allah Ta'ala will waken you at whatever time you intend rising."
    [Tha'labi-Ma'ariful Quraan vol 51 ]

One could also use this method to wake up for Fajr Salaah)

Verse 109 / 110 Surah 18 – Surah Kahf should be recited before sleeping intending in your mind what time you wish to wake up, having full trust on Allah. It has been the experience of our pious predecessors that this was very effective in awakening a person who read it at the actual time desired.
    If u make it ur intention before u go bed to wake up for fajr then u wake up, supplicate to Allah before u sleep that he helps u n he will.

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer or sleeps and misses it, the expiation for that is to pray it when he remembers it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (572) and Muslim (684).

This hadeeth indicates that the one who sleeps is not accountable during the time of his sleep, and there is consensus on this point.

The apparent meaning of the hadeeth is that there is no negligence in sleep if a person sleeps before the time for prayer begins or after that but before the time becomes too short. And it was said that if a person deliberately goes to sleep before the time becomes too short and he takes that as a means of not praying because he thinks it most likely that he will not wake up until the time for the prayer is over, then he is sinning. But the apparent meaning is that there is no sin on him because of sleeping, because he did that at a time when it was permissible to do it, so he is included in this hadeeth. But if he did it deliberately in order to miss the prayer, then there is no doubt that he is sinning thereby.
    my husband wakes me up for fajr or sometimes i wake him up n we both try n set our alarms but sometimes i dnt because my alarm is annoying n my husbands aint so i leave it to him to set which is bad really cuz i shud take my own measures n not rely on him. its harder for married couples to get up for fajr cuz u have to have a bath n the thought of havin a bath at 3 am is a bit off putting n its easy to think forgetttt it n fall back to sleep astagfirullah may Allah swt forgive us, and giv us the abillity to wake up ameen.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    F.Y.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just drink - lots of water. You'll get up in the middle of the night - it'll be fajr time!

Peace

wwwislamicboardcom - fajar...how do you get up

“Verily passion turns kings into slaves, and patience turns slaves into kings…Do you not see the story of Yusuf and Zulaykha?”
    chat Quote

tabligh's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhumdulilallah i wake up for fajr by a phone call to my cell phone by my cousin may Allah give him reward
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

don't really know...

but i think 'something' always wake me up. i'm not sure what it is.
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i don't use any alarm...

always woke up 10 minutes before fajr.

alhamdullillah for that
    chat Quote

Hawa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

alarm clock..a persistent alarm clock

It is Allah, except Whom there is no God; the King, the Pure, the Giver of Peace, the Bestower of Safety, the Protector, the Most Honourable, the Compeller, the Proud; Purity is to Allah from all what they ascribe as partners (to Him)! Al-Quran 59:23
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

alarm clock. I'm easy to wake up because my ear is too sensitive. When I was in campus years, if I slept at 10.00 PM and at 3.00 AM my roomate ask where did I put my notes etc, I can hear it and answer back while closing my eyes. I can listen everything while sleeping - frogs, dogs and of course those mysterious sounds too.

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

fajar...my mums like a human alarm clock so we hardly ever miss fajar alhamdulillah
    chat Quote

Muslim Soldier's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well once one wakes up everday one developes a conditional reflex towards it

Don't Click Me (Updated)
    Updated 24/7

I am but a student. Please correct me if I am wrong. May Allah forgive my lapses.

If you want to see the rainbow,
    you have to survive the storm.

chat Quote

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My mother usually wakes me up. But then even if she doesnt its just in me to wake up on that time alhamdulillah. But sometimes i dont know what happens but my dad has to half break down my door before i wake up.
    chat Quote

Arwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In summer if I'm busy doing stuff till about 1:30, I might stay up still 2am (when fajr starts). Otherwise, I have an alarm and my dad.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wake up every morning at exactly the same time....on the dot. I find it pretty amazing too sometimes. Like now, everymorning I wake up at exactly 5:10........I guess I have an inner alarm clock or something. Alhamdulillah
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! fajar...how do you get up Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. fajar...how do you get up