× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 5747

How do you Cope with Death?

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy How do you Cope with Death?

Report bad ads?

Simple Question!

No, not YOUR death, that hasn't happened...yet!

I meant, say, someone you know dies; spouse, sibling, parent, uncle, friend, mentor, etc., how do you cope with the loss?

Personally, I haven't 'lost' anyone, say, in the last decade, and before that, I'm pretty sure my cognitive abilities were as absent as a murderer's heart.

Examples:

"I drank tea when my cat died"

"I visited the shrink when my papa died"

"I asked my Diety (God, or anyone holding Holy Power, like Buddha for Buddhists, Jesus for Christians, etc.)"

"I cried, had some Ice Cream, and watched Shindler's List to help ease my situation"

(((You get the Idea)))

Mods, if you feel this thread is unnecessary or too sensitive, be free to delete or close it.
    Last edited by Dahir; 07-09-2006 at 01:37 AM.

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Sweet_Boy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How do you Cope with Death?

format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir View Post
    Simple Question!

No, not YOUR death, that hasn't happened...yet!

I meant, say, someone you know dies; spouse, sibling, parent, uncle, friend, mentor, etc., how do you cope with the loss?

Personally, I haven't 'lost' anyone, say, in the last decade, and before that, I'm pretty sure my cognitive abilities were as absent as a murdere's heart.

Examples:

"I drank tea when my cat died"

"I visited the shrink when my papa died"

"I asked my Diety (God, or anyone holding Holy Power, like Buddha for Buddhists, Jesus for Christians, etc.)"

"I cried, had some Ice Cream, and watched Shindler's List to help ease my situation"

(((You get the Idea)))

Mods, if you feel this thread is unnecessary or too sensitive, be free to delete or close it.
    erghh im sorry i aint sure same herei havent had anyone of my family die for last decade i aint sure my parents grandparents are all living and so are my brothers ... and me ...
    mashallah ...

i dont mean to go too off topic but i watched schindlers list at schoool its a good film ... but i know its upsetting ... i mean the part where they throw that old man out of the window ... and so on ...

My Heart Is Red My Mind Is Black!!!Against The World I Will Lead The Rossoneri In Attack !!! Forza MiLan ...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Board Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i mean the part where they throw that old man out of the window
    Uh, I didn't actually ever see Schindler's List, but a scene like that must be worthy! (not because I don't like Jewish people, but because I'm a 'minimal' fan of violence.)

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As time goes on your views change. Eventually you reach a point were virtualy every one you grew up with is gone. After seeing so many Loved ones go, you come to the understanding that death is not a thing to be feared. It is just as normal and no more traumatic than birth.

Now, when a loved one dies, I understand, wish them well and hope that one day we will meet in Jannah Inshallah.

Herman 1 - How do you Cope with Death?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Anyways, when somebody who is close to me and I care about dies, I do tend to get emotional.. But at the same time, they've suffered a lot, and I just pray their suffering is over and they are rewarded with Jannah.

But we all shall face death, and may Allah take us to Him in strong imaan. Ameen.

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

umm-sulaim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good question, but you know what i say don't stress so much bruv, when you don't know it's harder to imagine so we tend to think negative,
    when the time comes remeber Allah and he will remember you, " fadhkuruuni adhkurkum"
    We lost our grandad when we were younger, and our dad rahimahumaAllah 3 years ago, you learn to deal with it in time, alhamdulillah Allah is merciful, and in islam we're taught to be patient, just try to remeber things like the hadeeth 3 things that continue after you death........the last one is the pious child that prays for his/her parents.
    Just things like that, and also an ayah mum reminded me with " fa idhaa jaa'a ajulum laa yasta'khiruuna sa3atan wa laa yastagdimuun"
    and if there time comes they won't be able to delay an hour or put it forward.
    also "kullu nafsin dhaa'igatul mawt" every soul shall taste death.
    Alhamdulillah having deen definately helps you cope with death,
    those without tend to repeat "why me" , "but he/she was so young" " it wasn't his time " etc...
    forgetting the decree of Allah the wise.
    May Allah make us all from the patient pious people.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good question, but you know what i say don't stress so much bruv
    Same here, I tend to never get too attached to anyone who isn't immediate family or a car.

chat Quote

umm-sulaim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Same here, I tend to never get too attached to anyone who isn't immediate family or a car.
    I meant don't worry about how you'll cope with death, you'll cope with it when it comes in the mean time, think positive, of course i don't mean don't think about death, cos its good to remeber death.
    I can understand what you mean about not getting attached too, guess it'll help you deal with things like death, if their time came.
    Just don't be anti social lol !
    chat Quote

bkzbest's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

just forget about it dont cry for years over the person they aint comin back for sure
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

just forget about it dont cry for years over the person they aint comin back for sure
    Well, not so lucky for us. But for believers of re-incarnation, they can look at a tree, cow, cloud, or vase, and see their loved ones, oh lucky them!

chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, not so lucky for us. But for believers of re-incarnation, they can look at a tree, cow, cloud, or vase, and see their loved ones, oh lucky them!

How is that lucky? They arent really seeing anything other than the object i hope you realise that as a muslim.

On topic- ive never lost anyone close to me yet alhamdulilah.. i guess most of the people here at LI are too young to have such experiences.

wwwislamicboardcom - How do you Cope with Death?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How is that lucky? They arent really seeing anything other than the object i hope you realise that as a muslim.
    I know, as a Muslim, that they see nothing more than an object, but the concept, and BELIEF in that makes them so lucky. But, them seeing nothing more than an object is like our belief in Allah, they think we're praying and submitting to a non-existent force. I was stating a concept, but thanks for at least trying to make things right.

chat Quote

SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How do i cope with the death of my loved ones?

Make dua for them,read quran for them.And KNOW that the fact that they arent around anymore is the Will of Allah (swt) and thats that.

Wa'salaam.

Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

mujahedeen2087's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im not really sure how i cope with it no one really close to me has died yet. but when a family member dies im usaually shocked. and i say to myself to bad they didnt accept islam. by they way my whole family is non muslim.

undefined

In the heavens and the earth there are certainly signs for the believers. And in your creation and all the creatures He has scattered about there are signs for people with certainty.
    (Surat al-Jathiyah: 3-4)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Insha'allah someday someone from your family will turn to islam.

Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You achnowledge that Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun.
    From him we come and to him we shall return,
    grieving is allowed for fixed periods but the emptiness of the heart is unlikely to ever be fulfilled again so i say worship Allah, giv your whole life for Allah swt, then join ur loved ones in the akhirah

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

united's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol
    when i was little (abt 5) i cried when my dad took our car to the scrap yard.
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Be happy for them that they have left this cruel world and they have seen what they have put forth.

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

when i was little (abt 5) i cried when my dad took our car to the scrap yard.
    That is terrible pain, I hope you got past it, may peace be with the Car.

Be happy for them that they have left this cruel world and they have seen what they have put forth.
    Good point, I always try to look at the happy side of every situation, "Hope for the Best, Prepare yourself for the Worst.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Halima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As some of the respected members have mentioned, the truest Islamic way of coping with dead is not to be saddend or not to endure any kind of emotional burden of some sort, but yet to be happy that they are going to a better place.

Whatever may be the reason that we pass on is mysterious. It may be that Allah is putting them in a better place or whatever reason. Therefore, we should not be saddend to such an extreme measure.

Do your charity in the name of Da'wah and help us out

Insha'Allah Khair.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! How do you Cope with Death? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How do you Cope with Death?