× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 40 visibility 5799

Queen Bee.

Ameeratul Layl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Queen Bee.

Report bad ads?

I hope you are all well.inshAllah.

Everytine I step outside the conservatory door and into the garden. The first thing I ever hear is: bzzzzzzzz. Right next to the door are a bunch of maroon flowers with :Alhumdil l so much aroma to them. :ace:
    I went outside (not too long ago) and the heat was unbearable. Once again, the first thing I heard was:bzzzzz.

In every flower sat a bee. Next minute, a very big bee approached - a queen bee? I decided to watch it sit comfortably in the flower. I watched the other bees wriggle about awkwardly.

What will happen next? I thought. I really want to see the queen bee do its daily chores. But, the queen bee sat in the flower for too long. And the heat outside was unbearbale:crickey:

So, brothers and sisters.

When does a bee become appointed a queen bee?
    Why does there have to be a queen bee?
    What is the job of a queen bee?

I thought it'd be nice to share information and learn something new.inshAllah.

Queen Bee.

[MOUSE]hAvE A nIcE dAy[/MOUSE]
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Queen Bee.

format_quote Originally Posted by Brown Clown View Post

JazakAllah.
    The pictures are very good.MashAllah.

Queen Bee.

chat Quote

seeker_of_ilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Queen bee is appointed, when it is a larvae, and is selected by the adult worker bees. She is fed on "royal jelly" and thus develops huge ovaries. This is because now she will be responsible for producing new offspring. She stays at the centre of the hives, and the worker bees tend to her.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam,

Royal jelly? Hmm..I wonder if it can be used for anything else.

Wasalam
    Queen Bee.

chat Quote

seeker_of_ilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl View Post
    Salam,

Royal jelly? Hmm..I wonder if it can be used for anything else.

Wasalam

Uses
    Royal jelly is reputed to have a number of benefits. In addition to its use as a dietary supplement, the following benefits are claimed:

Enhance immunity
    Prevent arthritis and multiple sclerosis
    Treat asthma
    Slow the signs of aging
    Stimulate hair growth
    Improve sexual performance
    Reduce symptoms of menopause
    Heal bone fractures
    Lower cholesterol
    Alleviate cardiovascular ailments
    Remedy liver disease, pancreatitis, insomnia, fatigue, ulcers, and digestive and skin disorders

Potential Side Effects
    Individuals who are allergic to bees and honey, and those who have asthma, can face real dangers if they take royal jelly. Reactions ranging from bronchial spasms, skin irritations, and asthma attacks, to more severe anaphylactic shock, and even death, have been reported from its ingestion. Individuals with compromised immune systems should also be aware. Consult your Doctor before taking this, or any other substance you even remotely suspect may cause death.

Scientific Research
    Unfortunately, good evidence does not exist for any of these purported health claims. Although studies with rabbits and rats showed a reduction in their cholesterol levels, and some human trials found a lowering of the bad LDL cholesterol levels, these reports have not been published, so it is impossible to evaluate their validity.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm View Post

Uses
    Royal jelly is reputed to have a number of benefits. In addition to its use as a dietary supplement, the following benefits are claimed:

Enhance immunity
    Prevent arthritis and multiple sclerosis
    Treat asthma
    Slow the signs of aging
    Stimulate hair growth
    Improve sexual performance
    Reduce symptoms of menopause
    Heal bone fractures
    Lower cholesterol
    Alleviate cardiovascular ailments
    Remedy liver disease, pancreatitis, insomnia, fatigue, ulcers, and digestive and skin disorders

Potential Side Effects
    Individuals who are allergic to bees and honey, and those who have asthma, can face real dangers if they take royal jelly. Reactions ranging from bronchial spasms, skin irritations, and asthma attacks, to more severe anaphylactic shock, and even death, have been reported from its ingestion. Individuals with compromised immune systems should also be aware. Consult your Doctor before taking this, or any other substance you even remotely suspect may cause death.

Scientific Research
    Unfortunately, good evidence does not exist for any of these purported health claims. Although studies with rabbits and rats showed a reduction in their cholesterol levels, and some human trials found a lowering of the bad LDL cholesterol levels, these reports have not been published, so it is impossible to evaluate their validity.

SubhanAllah Allah has provided us with everything.
    Queen Bee.

chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Queen Bee.

From birth. The first queen bee that emerges from it's cell (called a queen cup) becomes the new ruler. If another queen emerges at the same time, they fight to the death. Queen bees have a smooth, curved sting, not barbed and straight like the rest of the bees. This allows them to remove the sting from the victim's body, like a wasp does.

The queen bee rules the whole nest by passing special hormones around. It rubbs the hormones on bees nearby, and then they rub the hormones on other bees near them. This carries on until the whole nest is under the control of the hormones. Without the queen bee, the nest would dissolve to chaos, because all the bees would act independently from each other.

The queen bee never leaves the nest, and has two main jobs. The first job, which I have talked about before, is distributing the hormones which control the other bee's behaviour. The second is laying eggs.
    There are three types, or castes, of bee in a (honey bee) nest, the workers, the drones and the queens. Worker bees are all female, but due to the hormones that the queen produces, they are all sterile. Drones are all male. They have no sting, and only exist in order to mate with the queen. after the queen is fertilised, the drones are all kicked out of the nest to die. Because the only fertile bee is the queen, it is responsible for laying all the eggs. After mating only once, the queen has a supply of fertile eggs for the rest of it's life. because it has to lay eggs constantly, the queen never leaves the nest, except for when it first mates with a drone. This happens when bees swarm.
    Queen Bee.

wwwislamicboardcom - Queen Bee.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah! This is all amazing.

They fight to gain status and they work together to keep in a order of work. Do you know where the sting is located? because I believe the Queen Bee in the garden (I saw earlier) is still there and I would like to track the sting down. This is so amazing.MashAllah.

Queen Bee.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men's) habitations

lol sis i dont kno much about the bee's, but that ayyat jus popped into my head
    Queen Bee.

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl View Post

SubhanAllah! This is all amazing.

They fight to gain status and they work together to keep in a order of work. Do you know where the sting is located? because I believe the Queen Bee in the garden (I saw earlier) is still there and I would like to track the sting down. This is so amazing.MashAllah.

I doubt that you saw a queen bee in the garden, as they never leave the nest except for swarming. Also, queen bees don't have the hairs on their legs that worker bees use to pick up pollen. Queen bees are much too valuable for them to be sent out to collect food.

The queen bee's sting is located in the end of it's abdomen, like the rest of the bees' stings. It is normally never used except to kill other queens.
    Queen Bee.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

why would it want to kill other Queens?
    Queen Bee.

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

I doubt that you saw a queen bee in the garden, as they never leave the nest except for swarming. Also, queen bees don't have the hairs on their legs that worker bees use to pick up pollen. Queen bees are much too valuable for them to be sent out to collect food.

The queen bee's sting is located in the end of it's abdomen, like the rest of the bees' stings. It is normally never used except to kill other queens.

Really? But this bee was no ordinary sized bee.

*takes out ruler*

Yes, it must have been about 3cm in length and 1.5cm in width. Usually, the size if a bee is approximately:

L= 1.5cm
    W=1cm

Abdomen? Okay. I shall be keeping a close eye.inshAllah.

Queen Bee.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed View Post
    why would it want to kill other Queens?

When they are born, queen bees normally try to kill other queens that are still inside the queen cells (or queen cups), in order to stop competiton. Also, if a nest has lost it's queen, then only one queen can rule it, and the first queen out 'assassinates' the others.

Really? But this bee was no ordinary sized bee.

*takes out ruler*

Yes, it must have been about 3cm in length and 1.5cm in width. Usually, the size if a bee is approximately:

L= 1.5cm
    W=1cm

Abdomen? Okay. I shall be keeping a close eye.inshAllah.
    Prehaps it was simply a particlularly large individual? Or a different species of bee (bumble bees can grow very large)?

There is a type of solitary wasp called the giant wood wasp (which uses its egg-laying tube, called an ovipositor, to 'drill' holes in wood, and then lays its eggs in there) that can grow up to about five centimeters long. I saw a huge one when I was on holiday in Scotland. But to my knowledge they don't eat nectar. Most wasps can only eat solid food (like fruit) or other insects.
    Last edited by Fishman; 07-25-2006 at 11:27 AM.
    Queen Bee.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakAllah khair fishman.

So its the plants resources that the bees compete for?
    subhanAllah Allahs creations are amazing!!
    Queen Bee.

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis does the queen bee u saw look like this:

9331936 - Queen Bee.

20051221queenbee - Queen Bee.
    Queen Bee.

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam,

*shivers* No, brother, it was 3 times the size of the one shown in the picture. That doesn't look like a bee, it looks like a wasp.

Look what I found:

The Workers

Workers, the smallest bees in the colony, are sexually undeveloped females. A colony can have 50,000 to 60,000 workers.

The life span of a worker bee varies according to the time of year. Her life expectancy is approximately 28 to 35 days. Workers that are reared in September and October, however, can live through the winter.

Workers feed the queen and larvae, guard the hive entrance and help to keep the hive cool by fanning their wings. Worker bees also collect nectar to make honey. In addition, honey bees produce wax comb. The comb is composed of hexagonal cells which have walls that are only 2/1000 inch thick, but support 25 times their own weight.

Honey bees' wings stroke 11,400 times per minute, thus making their distinctive buzz. That is why there is so much buzzing.
    Queen Bee.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

subhanAllah!!

11,400 times
    Queen Bee.

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed View Post
    subhanAllah!!

11,400 times

I wonder if they sweat alot. Why? well, when we run, we are:

using up energy = Heat = Sweat.

How about bees? Plus, they have such a hard core body, so assume they do.

Queen Bee.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol maybe, i remember in a talk by ziaullah khan he said the bee works its WHOLE life to make one spoon of honey and how precious and valuable is that honey to us!! Alhamdullilah, if only we were as hardworking as these creatures!!
    Queen Bee.

-
    -
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Queen Bee. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Queen Bee.