× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 61 visibility 6969

Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'

lavikor201's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Hizbullah must immediately stop firing rockets into civilian areas in Israel, Human Rights Watch said Saturday.

"Lobbing rockets blindly into civilian areas is without doubt a war crime," said Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch. "Nothing can justify this assault on the most fundamental standards for sparing civilians the hazards of war."

"Most of the attacks appear to have been directed at civilian areas and have hit pedestrians, hospitals, schools, homes and businesses," the humanitarian organization's website stated.

Since July 12, when Hizbullah captured two IDF soldiers and killed eight, Human Rights Watch researchers have been documenting the war's impact on civilians in Israel and Lebanon, interviewing the witnesses and survivors of attacks, as well as doctors, emergency workers, police, military and government officials.

"Hizbullah must stop using the excuse of Israeli misconduct to justify its own," said Roth.

The organization's Web site recognized that northern Israel had come to a virtual standstill because of Hizbullah's rockets, which were "exacting an enormous human and economic toll."

"Under international humanitarian law - also known as the laws of war - parties to an armed conflict must not make the civilian population the object of attack, or fire indiscriminately into civilian areas. Nor can they launch attacks that they know will cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects that exceeds the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated. Such attacks constitute war crimes," the site explained.

"Several medical and educational institutes have sustained damage from Katyusha attacks." Human Rights Watch researchers visited hospitals in Nahariya and Safed after they were hit.

At Nahariya Hospital, rockets had been landing near the hospital since July 12, a hospital spokesperson said. "There are no military bases around here; nothing military at all," he said. "I believe they know perfectly well they are firing at a hospital."

"In the absence of troops or military assets inside, hospitals must never be attacked," Human Rights Watch said. "Deliberately attacking them is a war crime."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

wwwislamicboardcom - Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'

This thread will be flamed or deleted for having Truthiness.

Great post.

*Thread Vandals load up on Hate and march to World Affairs*

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

Lamaggad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Articles like that make me laugh so hard, it only proofs how israeli's are confused and are trying to find any thing to invent excuses for their terrorism.. hehehe..

Can some one please list for me israel's war-crimes achievements since 1948?!
    israel have been killing innocent women and children purposely since 1948, Huzb Allah came out only 6 years ago in 2000, 25 days since this war started... they have killed 40 soldiers and 27 civilians (that includes the tow Arabs kids), and lost of damages and losses in israeli cities...

can some one please list for me number(s) of the civilians who have been killed in Lebanon in those 25 days...
    how many children and how many women have died?! How many massacres?

Electricity has been cut out from hospitals, civilians houses are being attacked, shelters are being attacks.
    "Hizbullah must stop using the excuse of Israeli misconduct to justify its own," said Roth.
    israel should stop using the excuse of Hezb Allah's fighter are hiding behind women and children... that is not an excuse for killing small kids what so ever.

Try another one lavikor201.. don't forget to list for me israel achievement other than killing civilians and doing many massacres.. oh... and not to mention the UN soldiers whom was killed and their office was destroy.. please don't forget to provide with israel excuse about that as well.

- E-PalestineTalk.ca :: New Forums ::
    - Lamaggad.net

عش ما شئت فإنك ميت وأحبب من شئت فإنك مفارقة و اعمل ما شئت فإنك مجزى به و اعلم أن شرف المؤمن قيامه بالليل و عزه استغناؤه عن الناس
    chat Quote

Lamaggad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir View Post
    This thread will be flamed or deleted for having Truthiness.

Great post.

*Thread Vandals load up on Hate and march to World Affairs*
    i don't think it should be deleted... people should know the lies that is spreaded by the media sources...

it doesn't surprise me at all when those extremist who are speaking about Human rights didn't condemn or even mention the massacres in their articles.

those are extremist who hates Arabs, and they impose all the terror and violence on every Muslim movement that Arabs support... that's all what they can do.

- E-PalestineTalk.ca :: New Forums ::
    - Lamaggad.net

عش ما شئت فإنك ميت وأحبب من شئت فإنك مفارقة و اعمل ما شئت فإنك مجزى به و اعلم أن شرف المؤمن قيامه بالليل و عزه استغناؤه عن الناس
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i don't think it should be deleted... people should know the lies that is spreaded by the media sources...

blablabla.....

36 11 16 1 - Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'

But fact is, not much people consider it as a lie, maybe just you and a few other !
    Last edited by guyabano; 08-06-2006 at 11:44 AM.
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hizbollah commiting war crimes?

Is this any difference to Israel?

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...hts-watch.html

In any case, this war started so absurdly, do you honestly think it's going to be a "fair" war with pretty roses and the whole kit and kaboodle?
    Keep dreaming.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Zulkiflim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

Lavikor is trying to save his own skin while all the while endorsing the murder of lebanese.

Hyprocrititcal...he loves his life and coutnry but dont think the lebanese loves their life and coutnry..
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

er.. just becuase Isreal is committing crimes in lebanon a million times worse than what hizbullah is doing, doesnt make hizbullahs actions right...

i personally have no idea why they are targetting thier missiles at civilians, wouldnt those missiles have had a better effect if they were aimed at the military?

wwwislamicboardcom - Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Anyone seen the damage done by these 100's of missiles fired by hizbullah? Every time I see israel it has sirens on in some parts but no damage... and they show the shelter... and they show some smoke, not building structures going down etc
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    HeiGou's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah View Post
    Anyone seen the damage done by these 100's of missiles fired by hizbullah? Every time I see israel it has sirens on in some parts but no damage... and they show the shelter... and they show some smoke, not building structures going down etc
    So you wouldn't mind if drunken Texan hooligans took pot shots at you with a rifle - it wouldn't be a crime or a sin until they got close and actually hit you?

You don't think that intent plays a role here?

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connait pas. - Blaise Pascal
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou View Post
    So you wouldn't mind if drunken Texan hooligans took pot shots at you with a rifle - it wouldn't be a crime or a sin until they got close and actually hit you?

You don't think that intent plays a role here?
    i think he was just trying to make it clear that israel IS causing mass damage to civillians in lebanon but Hizbullah have hardly caused any damage to the israelli's yet they consider them to have commited the war crime.

Truelly you must think this is absurd..

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed View Post
    i think he was just trying to make it clear that israel IS causing mass damage to civillians in lebanon but Hizbullah have hardly caused any damage to the israelli's yet they consider them to have commited the war crime.

Truelly you must think this is absurd..
    I don't think it is absurd. We all know what would be happening if Hezbollah had Israel's weapons and Israel had Hezbollah's. How many dead Jews do you think there would be in Israel today if that were the case? Don't try to tell me you wouldn't love to see the two switch weapons and for Hezbollah to napalm Tel Aviv off the face of the Earth.

We can all see what the damage being done is. But that is not the important issue. The IDF is vastly better armed. The question is why are they vastly better armed, who are they, what do they represent and why are they doing what they are doing. Israel flew 150 missions yesterday. One of those killed 33 farm workers. The other 149 killed no one. That is pretty amazing. You have to look at intent as well as consequences.

chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't think it is absurd. We all know what would be happening if Hezbollah had Israel's weapons and Israel had Hezbollah's. How many dead Jews do you think there would be in Israel today if that were the case? Don't try to tell me you wouldn't love to see the two switch weapons and for Hezbollah to napalm Tel Aviv off the face of the Earth.

We can all see what the damage being done is. But that is not the important issue. The IDF is vastly better armed. The question is why are they vastly better armed, who are they, what do they represent and why are they doing what they are doing. Israel flew 150 missions yesterday. One of those killed 33 farm workers. The other 149 killed no one. That is pretty amazing. You have to look at intent as well as consequences.
    you are not All-knowing neither can you predict the unseen, you are not sure of anything and, No, you DONT know if hizbullah would have done the same.

Im sry but i had to say that, dont play the "what if" game, whats happening is what we take into consideration not what could have happened!

Whats happening IS Israelli is causing the mass damage and yet hizbullah are called war criminals...

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

I R Paki's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"There are no military bases around here; nothing military at all," he said. "I believe they know perfectly well they are firing at a hospital."
    When Katyusha rockets have low accuracy.

23t0e3n 1 - Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Silver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We have to admit it,Hezbollah is firing at israeli civilians,their rockets are all random.I am glad that they are defending Lebanon with the lebanese army and limiting the israeli invasions.But i know how it feels to see your people getting killed when they didn't attack anyone regardless of their views of the war...it's awful and the israelis are doing it here every day and they are also committing war crimes.I don't want anyone to experience what we are going through right now.I am against the targetting of civilians in my beloved Lebanon and in Israel
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    We have to admit it,Hezbollah is firing at israeli civilians,their rockets are all random.I am glad that they are defending Lebanon with the lebanese army and limiting the israeli invasions.But i know how it feels to see your people getting killed when they didn't attack anyone regardless of their views of the war...it's awful and the israelis are doing it here every day and they are also committing war crimes.I don't want anyone to experience what we are going through right now.I am against the targetting of civilians in my beloved Lebanon and in Israel
    It is tragic that you all have become caught up in this and you have my sympathies.

However you are glad that Hezbollah is defending Lebanon. Were you also glad that Hezbollah fired some rockets at Israel and attacked the Israeli Army and so started this whole mess?

Assuming that some sort of deal is worked out whereby there is a swap and the Israeli Army withdraws, what do you think ought to be done next? Do you think that Hezbollah needs to be disarmed or should they be allowed to attack Israel again after the fuss dies down?

chat Quote

Silver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is tragic that you all have become caught up in this and you have my sympathies.

However you are glad that Hezbollah is defending Lebanon. Were you also glad that Hezbollah fired some rockets at Israel and attacked the Israeli Army and so started this whole mess?

Assuming that some sort of deal is worked out whereby there is a swap and the Israeli Army withdraws, what do you think ought to be done next? Do you think that Hezbollah needs to be disarmed or should they be allowed to attack Israel again after the fuss dies down?
    No I was actually mad when they kidnapped the 2 soldiers but now what's done is done and they are defending the country.
    But later on when this ends,Hezbollah needs to be disarmed and the majority of the lebanese people,both muslims and christians,share this opinion.Even hezbollah won't refuse,I know them well and I think they will give their weapons to the army or at least agree that the army comes to the south...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    No I was actually mad when they kidnapped the 2 soldiers but now what's done is done and they are defending the country.
    But later on when this ends,Hezbollah needs to be disarmed and the majority of the lebanese people,both muslims and christians,share this opinion.Even hezbollah won't refuse,I know them well and I think they will give their weapons to the army or at least agree that the army comes to the south...
    Well let us hope so and hope the fighting stops, the soldiers are allowed to go home unhurt and no one else dies - on either side.

Although I think that Hezbollah seems to be trying to acquire the sort of rockets that take nuclear warheads. I don't think they are going to give them up, nor that the Iranians would want them to.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Go check out Human Rights Watch and see what it says about Israel....you wont be pleased
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy View Post
    Go check out Human Rights Watch and see what it says about Israel....you wont be pleased
    If that is addressed to me, I have seen what HRW says. And they condemn Hezbollah as well. No one's hands are clean here, but I think it is worth supporting what Israel intends even if not what they do. Hezbollah needs to be disarmed and they need to stop attacking Israel. That border was peaceful and it could be again. Once Hezbollah gives up the gun.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Human Rights Watch: 'Hizbullah committing War Crimes'