star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My Life Changing Event -Part2

Report bad ads?

In my previous posting I forgot to mention that this event /excursion took place over a weekend -starting on Saturday afternoon ending Sunday evening.

After our Blindfolding session in the qabrstan we returned to the mosques where the rest of our program would take place .We had a brainstorming session discussing what we understood by the word spirituality ,how do we obtain spirituality , are we ready to meet ALLAH ,what do we need to meet ALLAH etc.

With each brainstorming and discussion session our knowledge ,and understanding of this religion increased .I became aware that as a muslim one could not be passive . A muslim always ponders ,reflects and questions.A muslim is an active participant in everything -we are always thinking .

This went against what I was taught at madrassah (muslim school ) as a young child ! We had to accept everything .It was seen as a grave sin to question what our muslim teachers taught us ....Islam was seen as being prescriptive.
    This is where I think our teachers may ALLAH forgive them their shortcomings lost many of our youth today.

The Shaykh made it absolutely clear that we had the full right to Question the Quran ,THE NABIE S.A.W. and ALLAH provided that the manner in which we did it was with UTMOST RESPECT ,with the sincere desire to Understand.

This REVELATION again shocked me for ALL my life I was not allowed to question ALLAH.My parents never allowed it . I could hear myself as a child asking my mom :WHY DO I NEED TO WEAR A SCARF ??
    The answer always :Becos ALLAH said so .
    All my whys ......always the same reply .....IT IS AN ORDER FROM ALLAH ....

I always knew that there were more to ALLAHS orders -a reason why he expected and demanded certain things from us and it seems for the first time in my life I was about to be answered.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ibn Syed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: My Life Changing Event -Part2

Mashallah good post.
    My  Life Changing  Event -Part2

36 83 1 - My  Life Changing  Event -Part2
    So Glorified is He and Exalted above all that they associate with Him, and in Whose Hands is the dominion of all things, and to Him you shall be returned.
    (Sura Ya-Seen 36:83)
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! My  Life Changing  Event -Part2 Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. My  Life Changing  Event -Part2