× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 33 visibility 7623

Tips on how to Revive Islaam in Your Area?

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Any tips?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    seeker_of_ilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Tips on how to Revive Islaam in Your Area?

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post

Any tips?

I know there are some things that people seem to disagree with about Tabligh Jamat, but in essence, I have seen a lot of people turning from druggy's and absolute nutcases, and now they have completely turned their lives around, due to Tabligh Jamat. Although not been myself, so can't say much.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allaah.. i've had an idea but never actually put it into practise.

I was thinking that we could book the masjid for like an hour or something - per week, and get some really good lectures which focus specifically on the youth.

These lectures would be on different topics, and their would be about 4 different sets of lectures being played in different corners of the masjid. [depending on how much space and people the masjid has]

Before these lectures get played, the main person who organised this can give a brief intro on the lectures so that the people can decide which lecture they want to listen to. So they have a feeling of choice and freedom.

Obviously it won't just be audio, but each person from the 4 groups could get a laptop and give a powerpoint presentation while playing the lecture to keep them busy, and even so they can take notes insha'Allaah.

This is better for the people who don't get better speakers in their area. And also something to interest the youth. Males separate, and females separate.

PS: Good site for lectures: http://kalamullah.com/
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 03-24-2007 at 10:15 PM.
    chat Quote

habiibti's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu aleikum

I dont know if it is gonna help but this is what we do.

1.There alot of community events that are hala unfortunately many muslims dont take part,sign up.let them know we are not just some isolated people.

2.We invite all woman no matter what her believes are,to a cooking session.da fun part,in da cooking session,they are no chefs,people make something together and we eat together.and convosations sparkle,and u will be surprised of how little they know of muslims,and they little they know isnt that good.

3.Nursing homes,last year a group of us went into a nursing home to see a friends mum who was staying there,while there,we ended up talking to a supervisor who told us how much they would like to have some people from outside to talk to residents.we started doing that after some time.Most of them are just waiting for their death and has given up on life.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Sabriina's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We have Quran memorisation on weekends and ahadith studies on 2 days after school.
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We have big masjid which close after salah.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah, i meant practical tips.. most of the youth mess about in the streets - & sister habibti explained in another thread how the youth in that area can spend their time helping the elders (i.e. if the elders don't know the english language) to go to the doctors and stuff.. i thought that was really clever masha'Allaah.

Instead of making the masjid just an area for salaah, it could also be a youth center with halaal activities so the youth would come more often insha'Allaah, while learning about islaam or bringing friends over etc.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

anymore tips?
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

1st you gota be known in the area bro that way if you go to the youth and say bla bla they will obviously listen and have respect 4 ya, also if your come to their level and talk to them then it really works. i know it sounds great sayin "at the mosque theres gona be a speech or session and come to it" but lets be honest lol how much people actually turn up? so you gota go to their level and do dawah, sit wit em on the bus, tube, when playin footy, cricket, walkin home, whenever and soon you wil realise that once you get through 2 like 2-3 ppl they will go round tellin more people and then eventually you can ask the council to build another mosque in ya area inshallah

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

keep it going, this thread is changing something inside me i can feel it! subhanAllah

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think what chacha jalebi said seems to be the most practical, we should all work on getting to know the people in our area right? Conduct ourself beautifully so that they feel safe and secure around us, and then we can slowly invite them towards our ways.

ok i guess we have to start going up to people that seem a little worried and start asking them "whats up " lol, i hope it works out, may Allah help us all

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah thats well known in the lifetime of the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam ^ he would talk to people on the streets, and because he had good manners - he would recite Qur'an to them, they would become muslim straight up lol.

So maybe you could use points from Qur'an to make people think.. and remember to have good manners! Most people want friends, but they feel its a harsh world.. so by being good, they'll want to be your friend and therefore you can encourage them in their dawah also.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post

Yeah thats well known in the lifetime of the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam ^ he would talk to people on the streets, and because he had good manners - he would recite Qur'an to them, they would become muslim straight up lol.

So maybe you could use points from Qur'an to make people think.. and remember to have good manners! Most people want friends, but they feel its a harsh world.. so by being good, they'll want to be your friend and therefore you can encourage them in their dawah also.

inshaAllah, yeah we should try memorise some ayyat in arabic aswell and learn the translation, that way they might feel something due to Allahs words inshaAllah.

And also lets try not do it in crowds lol, we want the person to feel safe and secure remember, im going to try do it on my own

-
    -
    chat Quote

jzcasejz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Khalid Yasin Said He Spends More Time In The Streets Then He Does In Da Masjid. This Shows How Willing He Was And How He Would Get His Hands And Feet Dirty In Search Of The Treasure.

^ lol Sorry I Could'nt Contribute Much To This Thread...But Just Posted This So It Would Be An Inspirational Example For Us.
    InshaAllah If I Can Think Of Anything...Then I'll Post...
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    milestones's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As salaam u alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraakatuhu

I have also been wanting to do something in my area for non muslims aswell. I agree with chacha jalebi, the first step is to go to them, try to get to their level.

I was thinking that we could agree on a topic/ayah/hadeeth to talk about with them, set a day where we all go in our own areas and then come back and write feedback.

What do you think about talking to non-muslim racists and drug users, how would we begin to talk to them?

One important factor that I think is that we should use wisdom and patience when talking to them. In my area they are verbally abusive so it will take 'strong ears' to put up with it and get our point through to them.

wasaalaam
    Last edited by milestones; 04-23-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In regard to the racists or drug dealers etc ^ sometimes its better to go with protection, like it may be better for guys to go to them if there is danger that the person will get attacked.

I've also heard in lectures that when doing dawah, going in groups [maybe pairs?] is better than going alone. Since if you fall [physically or even say something wrong by mistake - that companion can protect you/correct you etc.]

About giving dawah in the neigbourhood, you could start off with treating neighbours with respect, kindness etc [obviously with non mahrams it can be dangerous so thats better to avoid] - then it could lead to talking abit, then a little bit of dawah can start off from there because the trust is settled now.

Here's a good thread where we explained what's good to discuss in dawah:
    http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...ips-ideas.html

Also - guidance is in the Hands of Allaah azawajal, so we need to pray to Him for their guidance and convey the message clearly with wisdom.
    chat Quote

milestones's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallahkhair for your reply

I understand what you have said about sisters and have found this a problem aswell. When we are out we do get comments often, how should a Muslim woman deal with such comments when they are from non-muslim teenage or younger boys and even men, should we reply and gear the conversation towards islam or just ignore them and walk on? What about when they are girls/women?

wasalaam
    chat Quote

abu abdurrahman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've heard of some sisters doing a sisters getting together at a particular muslimah's house. some did food others did activities like make up/hair etc. there were no kids there and there was no real pressure to do much with regards to lessons... just a chance for sisters to be around sisters. ... and for the brothers waiting at home for their wives to come home all made up for them!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Try to stay away from areas where you know you will get negative comments, especially where there are non mahram men etc, and also stick with quite a few people in groups so you've always got backup and support.

I think you should leave it upto brothers to give dawah to guys, and you as sisters should give dawah to the females though, but if you feel they will be a major threat - then ignore them and move on.

Also remember these verses from Qur'an in your dawah:

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"?

[Qur'an 41:33]

Tafsir Qur'an Fussilat 41:34

[وَلاَ تَسْتَوِى الْحَسَنَةُ وَلاَ السَّيِّئَةُ]

(The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal.) means, there is a huge difference between them.

[ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِى هِىَ أَحْسَنُ]

(Repel (the evil) with one which is better,) means, `when someone does you wrong, repel him by treating him well,' as `Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "There is no better punishment for one who has disobeyed Allah with regard to you, than your obeying Allah with regard to him.''

[فَإِذَا الَّذِى بَيْنَكَ وَبَيْنَهُ عَدَاوَةٌ كَأَنَّهُ وَلِىٌّ حَمِيمٌ]

(then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.) means, `if you treat well those who treat you badly, this good deed will lead to reconciliation, love and empathy, and it will be as if he is a close friend to you and he will feel pity for you and be kind to you.' Then Allah says:

[وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ صَبَرُواْ]

(But none is granted it except those who are patient) meaning, no one accepts this advice and works according to it, except for those who can be patient in doing so, for it is difficult for people to do.

[وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَآ إِلاَّ ذُو حَظِّ عَظِيمٍ]

(and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion) means, the one who has a great portion of happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas explained this Ayah: "Allah commands the believers to be patient when they feel angry, to be forbearing when confronted with ignorance, and to forgive when they are mistreated. If they do this, Allah will save them from the Shaytan and subdue their enemies to them until they become like close friends.''

[وَإِمَّا يَنَزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَـنِ نَزْغٌ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ]

(And if an evil whisper from Shaytan tries to turn you away, then seek refuge in Allah.) means, the devils among men may be deceived by your kind treatment of him, but the devils among the Jinn, when they insinuate their evil whispers, cannot be dealt with except by seeking refuge with the Creator Who gave him power over you. If you seek refuge with Allah and turn to Him, He will stop him from harming you and bring his efforts to naught. When the Messenger of Allah stood up to pray, he would say:

«أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ، مِنْ هَمْزِهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِه»

(I seek refuge in Allah the All-Hearing, All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytan and his evil insinuations, breath and impurity.)'' We have already stated that there is nothing like this in the Qur'an, apart from the passage in Surat Al-A`raf, where Allah says:

[خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِض عَنِ الْجَـهِلِينَ - وَإِمَّا يَنَزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَـنِ نَزْغٌ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ إِنَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ ]

(Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish. And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaytan, then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.) (7:199-200) and the passage in Surat Al-Mu'minun where Allah says:

[ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِى هِىَ أَحْسَنُ السَّيِّئَةَ نَحْنُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا يَصِفُونَ - وَقُلْ رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيـطِينِ - وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَن يَحْضُرُونِ ]

(Repel evil with that which is better. We are Best-Acquainted with the things they utter. And say: "My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings of the Shayatin. And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they should come near me.'') (23:96-98)

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know how this would work but here it went very well from what I heard.

Our local mosque worked with a local church and temple (sorry if that isn't the Jewish place of worship, I don't really know alot about that faith) and together they held a type of "spring fling". It was basically a big gathering at a local park to bring everyone together and let them learn. There was food and lectures and activities for the kids. Perhaps that could be helpful in other places.

"The only thing neccesary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke

"We have just enough religion to hate but not enough to love one another" -Jonathan Swift
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Tips on how to Revive Islaam in Your Area? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Tips on how to Revive Islaam in Your Area?