× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 54 visibility 8124

Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales

IzakHalevas's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales

Report bad ads?

The descriptions of torture and human sacrifice in the anti-Semitic blood libels run contrary to many of the actual teachings of Judaism.

Most obviously, the Ten Commandments in the Jewish Torah forbid murder. In addition, the use of blood (human or otherwise) in cooking is prohibited by Kashrut, or Kosher dietary laws. Blood and other discharges from the human body are ritually unclean (Lev 15). Blood from slaughtered animals may not be consumed, and must be drained out of the animal and buried (Lev 17:12-13). According to the book of Leviticus, blood from sacrificed animals may only be placed on the altar of the Great Temple in Jerusalem (which no longer existed at the time of any of these alleged events). Furthermore, humans, since they do not have cloven hooves nor do they chew the cud, are not considered a Kosher animal.

While animal sacrifice was part of the practice of ancient Judaism, the Tanakh (Old Testament) and Jewish teaching portray human sacrifice as one of the evils that separated the pagans of Canaan from the Hebrews (Deut 12:31, 2 Kings 16:3). Jews were prohibited from engaging in these rituals and were punished for doing so (Ex 34:15, Lev 20:2, Deut 18:12, Jer 7:31). In fact, ritual cleanliness for priests prohibited even being in the same room as a human corpse (Lev 21:11).

Proponents of the blood libel, such as British fascist Arnold Leese ("Jewish Ritual Murder" 1938) and sympathetic contemporaries, claim that proof of ritual murder is contained within scripture. Such evidence is the product of distorting the source material or ignoring its context. The neo-Nazi site JRBooks (White supremist/Nazi site) lists Psalm 137 as proof that Jews engaged in ritual child murder, citing the line "Happy is he who takes their little ones and dashes them against the stones" . However, the correct rendering of line 137:9 is "How blessed will be the one who grabs your babies and smashes them on a rock!" and the line must be read in context. The whole Psalm refers to Jewish tribulations at the hands of Babylon and ends with a curse against the oppressor. Only deliberate distortion could make the line an exhortation to murder gentile children.

Blood libel stories have appeared a number of times in the state-sponsored media of a number of Arab and Muslim nations, their television shows and websites. Books alleging occurrences of Jewish blood libel are not uncommon.

The Matzah Of Zion was written by the Syrian Defense Minister, Mustafa Tlass in 1983. The book concentrates on two issues: renewed ritual murder accusations against the Jews in the Damascus Affair of 1840, and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. On October 21, 2002, the London based Arabic paper Al-Hayat reported that the book was undergoing its eighth reprint and was being translated into English, French, and Italian.
    In 2001 an Egyptian film company produced and aired a film called Horseman Without a Horse, partly based on Tlass's book. The book was cited at a United Nations conferences in 1991 by a Syrian delegate.
    Multiple branches of the Syrian government, including the Damascus Police Command and the Department of Antiquities and Museums, the security ministry, the culture ministry, created an anti-Semitic television TV series called Ash-Shatat ("The Diaspora".) This series originally aired in Syria and in Lebanon late 2003, and was broadcast by Al-Manar, a satellite television network owned by Hezbollah. This TV series is based on the anti-Semitic forgery The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, shows the Jewish people as engaging in a conspiracy to rule the world, and presents Jews as people who murder Christian children, drain their blood, and use this blood to bake matzah. [1] [2] [3]
    On December 20, 2005, in a discussion with Iranian political analysts aired on Jaam-e Jam 2 Iranian TV, the author of the book The History of the Jews who works for the Tehran Times Dr. Hasan Hanizadeh said in particular:
    "Unfortunately, the West has forgotten two horrendous incidents, carried out by the Jews in 19th-century Europe - in Paris and London, to be precise. In 1883, about 150 French children were murdered in a horrible way in the suburbs of Paris, before the Jewish Passover holiday. Later research showed that the Jews had killed them and taken their blood. ... A similar incident took place in London, when many English children were killed by Jewish rabbis. ..."[4]

In a twist on the libel of Jews using blood in matzah, a Passover food, in 2002, a Saudi newspaper [5] claimed that Jews use blood in hamantashen, triangular cookies eaten on the Jewish holiday of Purim. The story celebrated on Purim, recounted in the Book of Esther, takes place in ancient Persia (modern-day Iran).
    A 2004 story from Iran speaks of Jewish doctors stealing organs of Palestinian children in Israeli hospitals: [6]
    Some Arab writers have condemned these blood libels. The Egyptian newspaper Al-Ahram published a series of articles by Osam Al-Baz, a senior advisor to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Amongst other things, Osam Al-Baz explained the origins of the anti-Jewish blood libel. He said that Arabs and Muslims have never been anti-Semitic, as a group, but accepted that a few Arab writers and media figures attack Jews "on the basis of the racist fallacies and myths that originated in Europe". He urged people not to succumb to "myths" such as the blood libel. [7]

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"

Summary please.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Thinker View Post
    Summary please.
    The "Blood Libel" was invented by anti-semetic, anti-non-Christian, Cathloics, and other Christians, to rile up mobs and create a "Jewphobia" similar to "Islamaphobia". It was prven that the Jews did not "ritually sacrifice children and put them in bread", and it would be against Jewish law to do so.

Muslims now are using this old propoaganda to energize hatred of Jews in their countries.

You can see a brainwashed idiot, who is posting here trying to spread this myth, about Jews.

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Shalom Izak,

there are misguided people in all religions. even some Israelites took to Baal worship and worse (including sacrificing children). that was thousands of years ago.

look for the best in people, and if we are going to "compete", let's compete in "doing good"!

peace,
    yusuf
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Israelites took to Baal worship and worse (including sacrificing children). that was thousands of years ago.
    That is not a Jewish teaching and the people who worshiped idols, were declared heretics, by G-d and Jews. They were never "Jews". Because they never accepted Torah.

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas View Post
    That is not a Jewish teaching and the people who worshiped idols, were declared heretics, by G-d and Jews. They were never "Jews". Because they never accepted Torah.
    Shalom Izak,

i NEVER meant to imply, and was not implying, that it was a Jewish teaching!

do you argue or disagree that the children of Israel never rejected Hashem/G-d AT ANY TIME in the Torah? (just trying to see what i'm up against here)

my purpose in replying to thread was that, imho, the beginning of the title "do Muslims hate the Jews so much..." is sadly, sadly, sadly pretty accurate. i am often "accused" of "being a Jew" by fellow Muslims, because i strongly feel that this attitude needs to change. well, that and most people thought i WAS a Jew before i became a Muslim!

May the G-d of Abraham allow us to discuss this further! (and May He also guide us!)

peace,

Yusuf
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually

do you argue or disagree that the children of Israel never rejected Hashem/G-d AT ANY TIME in the Torah? (just trying to see what i'm up against here)
    Of course they did. But when a Jew choses idol worship, they are breaking one of the three things you chose death over than idol worship. Therefore, when a "child of Israel" worshiped an idol, he became a heretic.

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually

Of course they did. But when a Jew choses idol worship, they are breaking one of the three things you chose death over than idol worship. Therefore, when a "child of Israel" worshiped an idol, he became a heretic.
    Shalom Izak,

Amen brother! i was worried for a moment there!

peace,

yusuf
    chat Quote

Les_Nubian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews

Why is it that Muslims accept the Jewish prophets, but the Jews don't accept Muhammad? Just like the Christians? Who really hates who here?

I was watching this show just the other day, with these two Jews talking about how awful Muslims are. I was just watching the show because I like watching religious television. I have nothing against Jews, and I really didn't expect to be blatantly insulted like that.

They were just going on and on about how Muslims are ruining the world or something, and we have to beat them, blah blah blah. I have cut down on my television intake as much as I possibly can (someday I won't watch it at all, EVER lol), but I still like to watch religious television like EWTN, etcetera. Just something not morally corupt like everything else on TV.

I was so disgusted at these two arrogant people that I just had to turn off the television. I never knew some Jewish people hated Muslims so much. I didn't anticipate being insulted like that, but hey that's life.

islamnotenemyt 1 - Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales Don't develop religious tunnel vision. Investigate.
    1154150796 1 - Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Les_Nubian View Post
    Why is it that Muslims accept the Jewish prophets, but the Jews don't accept Muhammad? Just like the Christians? Who really hates who here?

I was watching this show just the other day, with these two Jews talking about how awful Muslims are. I was just watching the show because I like watching religious television. I have nothing against Jews, and I really didn't expect to be blatantly insulted like that.

They were just going on and on about how Muslims are ruining the world or something, and we have to beat them, blah blah blah. I have cut down on my television intake as much as I possibly can (someday I won't watch it at all, EVER lol), but I still like to watch religious television like EWTN, etcetera. Just something not morally corupt like everything else on TV.

I was so disgusted at these two arrogant people that I just had to turn off the television. I never knew Jewish people hated Muslims so much. I didn't anticipate being insulted like that, but hey that's life.
    Salam sister,

you're not going to judge a whole nation of people by what 2 people said, are you??

i don't think that you can say that the Muslim/Jew hate thing is a one way street! kwim??

MOST of the Muslim men i have met have said "i HATE Jews!". but when i ask if they have ever met any, they ALWAYS say no!

now, granted, the sisters DO NOT talk this way. they don't hate Jews OR America!! imagine that! kay:

hating each other will not get us anywhere, and we have WAY more in common with Jews than with atheists or polytheists!

peace,

Yusuf
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to

Wait, because we do not accept your prophet does this mean that we hate you? Of course not, that is such a dumb thing to say. I don't accept your prophet, big deal, I don't hate someone over that.

I was watching TV to, and I found many Muslim "Shiekhs" comparing me as a Jew to an ape or pig, many more called me an infidel and said I deserved to die, and they had never even met me! Does this mean that by your logic, these "Shiekhs" represent the whole Muslim religion? Yes. That is why your logic, is at fault.

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait, because we do not accept your prophet does this mean that we hate you? Of course not, that is such a dumb thing to say. I don't accept your prophet, big deal, I don't hate someone over that.

I was watching TV to, and I found many Muslim "Shiekhs" comparing me as a Jew to an ape or pig, many more called me an infidel and said I deserved to die, and they had never even met me! Does this mean that by your logic, these "Shiekhs" represent the whole Muslim religion? Yes. That is why your logic, is at fault.
    alas, the reason my TV is only hooked to my dvd player...
    chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was so disgusted at these two arrogant people that I just had to turn off the television. I never knew some Jewish people hated Muslims so much. I didn't anticipate being insulted like that, but hey that's life.
    With respect, and mentioning no names, you don't have to go any further than this forum to find two muslim people who hate Jews just as much. You can condemn Islam for that no more than Judaism for the words of the two you saw on TV.

Religious differences are no reason for hatred. You all believe in the same God, after all. Just to point out the obvious; if they accepted Mohammed they wouldn't be Jews or Christians, they would be muslims. The main reason for the difference is simply that Mohammed lived after the Jewish and Christian scriptures were written but that is not true in reverse!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor View Post
    Salam sister,

you're not going to judge a whole nation of people by what 2 people said, are you??

i don't think that you can say that the Muslim/Jew hate thing is a one way street! kwim??

MOST of the Muslim men i have met have said "i HATE Jews!". but when i ask if they have ever met any, they ALWAYS say no!

now, granted, the sisters DO NOT talk this way. they don't hate Jews OR America!! imagine that! kay:

hating each other will not get us anywhere, and we have WAY more in common with Jews than with atheists or polytheists!

peace,

Yusuf
    Well what you just bolded in my response answers your own question. I said THESE TWO. I didn't say ALL JEWS. Please don't put words in my mouth. I just said that I never knew that SOME Jewish people had such passionate hate for Muslims. I guess I was so naive to think that Muslims and Jews were cool. At least that's how it SHOULD be.

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    With respect, and mentioning no names, you don't have to go any further than this forum to find two muslim people who hate Jews just as much. You can condemn Islam for that no more than Judaism for the words of the two you saw on TV.

Religious differences are no reason for hatred. You all believe in the same God, after all. Just to point out the obvious; if they accepted Mohammed they wouldn't be Jews or Christians, they would be muslims. The main reason for the difference is simply that Mohammed lived after the Jewish and Christian scriptures were written but that is not true in reverse!
    Where did I say that I condemned Judaism? Can you quote me and put it in bold and capital letters?

Did I ever say that you not accepting our prophet meant that you hated me as a Muslim? Can you bold that? What I am saying is that if MUSLIMS HATE JEWS so much, then why do we accept the JEWISH PROPHETS? If this is a teaching of Islam to hate Jews, then why do we accept the Jewish prophets?
    Last edited by Les_Nubian; 11-20-2006 at 01:34 AM.

islamnotenemyt 1 - Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales Don't develop religious tunnel vision. Investigate.
    1154150796 1 - Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actuall

Les_Nubian wrote:
    Well what you just bolded in my response answers your own question. I said THESE TWO. I didn't say ALL JEWS. Please don't put words in my mouth. I just said that I never knew that SOME Jewish people had such passionate hate for Muslims. I guess I was so naive to think that Muslims and Jews were cool. At least that's how it SHOULD be.
    Astaghfirullah sister, i wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. just putting in an opinion on the subject. i find MANY Muslim men with a "passionate hate" for Jewish people!

BUT, like i also said, i don't find that problem with Muslimahs.

i don't think you're naive, and i definitely agree that Muslims and Jews being cool is how it SHOULD be!

however, it seems like maybe the problem is ...men...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    ok YusufNoor, we're cool. Just had to clear that up.

chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Where did I say that I condemned Judaism? Can you quote me and put it in bold and capital letters?
    Will just the bold do?
    chat Quote

Muslim Knight's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like

How can Arabs be anti-Semitic when they themselves are part of the Semitic people? Prior to the creation of Zionist state of Israel the Arabs have been pretty much hospitable to the Jews, inviting them to live with for at least 1,000 years! Remember the Inquisition? The Muslims worked together with Jews to escape the persecution of the Spanish Christian Inquisitors. Muslims and Jews have together been called "Marranos" (dogs) by Isabel's honchos during that point of time.

But the reasons for Arabs and Muslims to hate the Jews today? Other than having their land by taken force and their children shot to death they have no other reasons. It's not racial hate and it's not Anti-Semitism because even the Arabs are Semites. It could be that this hate originated from the Jews themselves. I quote Imran N. Hosein in his book Jerusalem in the Quran;

[PIE]One of the reasons which explains the Rabbi's hostility to the Ishmaelite people and his hostility to their claim to Jerusalem is of course, the fact that the Book of Genesis in the Torah declared of Ishmael that he was;

"... a wild ass of a man; his hand against everyman, and everyone's hand against him." (Genesis 16:12)[/PIE]

The Jews often claim that the Arabs are so hell-bent on eliminating them and call the Arabs snakes. But they never tell you what their reason for doing so because it will let the cat out of the bag.

That cat is having taken the Arabs' land by force and killing their children. Prior to the creation of Israel the Arabs have nothing against the Jews.

--------------------------------------------------

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely;
    A Legend

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jews do not recongnize Arabs or Muslims as descendants of Ishmael, therefore, our Torah does not say Muslims are that way because we view you as seperate.

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    Will just the bold do?
    Wow that's funny, I'm still not seeing where I CONDEMNED JUDAISM.

Maybe you should italicize it for me.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do Muslims hate jews so much, as to actually teach myths like "blood libel"Nazi tales