× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Which Group of People do you feel most Comfortable in giving Dawah to?

Voters
18. Login to vote on this poll
  • Non-Practising Muslims

11 61.11%
  • Christians

10 55.56%
  • Jews

0 0%
  • Agnostics

0 0%
  • Atheists

2 11.11%
  • Others - please mention.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 109 visibility 30129

Dawah Tips/Ideas.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dawah Tips/Ideas.

Report bad ads?

Post your tips on dawah (inviting people) to islaam here insha'Allaah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dawah Tips/Ideas.

Like i've said in other posts:

In Da'wah we call to 3 aspects insha'Allaah wwwislamicboardcom - Dawah Tips/Ideas. :

1) Tawhid (Oneness of Allaah, His Lordship, none is worthy of worship but Him, His Names & Attributes.)

2) Risaalah - Prophets/Messengers who come to convey Allaah's message.

3) Al-Aakhirah. [The Hereafter - judgement day, paradise/hellfire]

Like brother Kamal el Makki said, don't attack the other persons faith because they will hold onto the dirt in their hand tighter, instead show them your diamond (of islaam) and they will drop the dirt to hold the diamond instead insha'Allaah. wwwislamicboardcom - Dawah Tips/Ideas.

And like brother Muhammad al-Shareef said: Build a wall for them first [of islaam] then they will realise the weakness of their own wall, so they will seek protection under yours because they understand its true security and strength.

Try getting a good understanding of them aspects, and then your da'wah will be alot more easier insha'Allaah because this way you'll be taking the drivers seat instead of the other person.

Here's some beneficial links for dawah insha'Allaah:

http://www.beconvinced.com/

http://islamtomorrow.com/site_map.htm

Allaah Almighty knows best.
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 05-02-2007 at 09:36 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whenever you call anyone to islaam, even if you have 100 differences - always pick the similarity as a starting point so you agree on something.

Use the same terminology as the person, so if the person is into computing/IT - then use that type of language etc. Don't use the language of medicine to someone who's an engineer because they won't feel comfortable with that.

Always keep a smile on your face.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam

Some good tips there mashaAllah..

eerm..well when am giving dawaah when new sisters come to our house....

as brother mentioned above...
    'speak clearly do not communicate in such away so that the others dont understand...so with me if some is very new to islam like they not practising then i talk very basic about the purpose of life this world hear after etc..just basic of islam...and then i always make sure they understood what i have said so i would repeat ...'have you understood?..what have you understood?..

eerm..speak clearly, dont go too much in depth, oh yes smile as the brother also mentioned..it always makes the geusts feel welcomed...i cant think of any more..

wasalam
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whenever someone asks you regarding a certain issue i.e. "why do you wear that thing on your head? or on your face?" You should tell the person that they can't understand unless they know the main principles of islaam.

This is your chance to explain that we believe in One God, None is worthy of worship but Him and He created us for that purpose. He sends us messengers to convey that message, and they come with miracles which no normal person can ever replicate. The final messenger of Allaah was Muhammad (peace be upon him) and He came with the Qur'an, which is the speech of Allaah. You were commanded by Allaah to obey the messenger and follow the commands given. And this message is to all of mankind. This is why I obey the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) and so do more than a billion people in the world.

We are responsible for our actions and we will be judged on them, and we will be judged by our Creator, Allaah. Then the ones who believed none was worthy except Him and submit will be rewarded with paradise, and the disbelievers will be punished.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And among His Signs (in this), that you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) to it, it is stirred to life and growth (of vegetations).

Verily, He Who gives it life, surely, (He) is Able to give life to the dead (on the Day of Resurrection). Indeed! He is Able to do all things.

[Qur'an 41:39]

Have you not looked at him who disputed with Ibrahim (Abraham) about his Lord (Allah), because Allah had given him the kingdom? When Ibrahim (Abraham) said (to him): "My Lord (Allah) is He Who gives life and causes death." He said, "I give life and cause death." Ibrahim (Abraham) said, "Verily! Allah causes the sun to rise from the east; then cause it you to rise from the west." So the disbeliever was utterly defeated. And Allah guides not the people, who are Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).

[Qur'an 2:258]

From there we can see that Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) didn't waste his time arguing with Nimrud [the tyrant] about the issue of life and death, but he used a more powerful technique instead which would overpower him instead of arguing over something he [nimrud] was arrogant about already.

"How can you deny God, when you were dead and God gave you life? Then God will cause you to die, and then revive you, and then you will be returned to God." (Quran 2:28)
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 12-03-2006 at 12:41 AM.
    chat Quote

gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some good advice, mashAllah, and a brilliant topic for a thread. Basicly you've already said what i wanted to....when doing dawah dont attack non-muslims, rather show them the beauty of Islam.

Also our own actions are a form of dawah, and actions sometimes speak louder than words. For example the incident between prophet (saw) and his jewish neighbour. We can pick out many tips in the seerah of the prophet (saw) inshAllah to help us in dawah.

Dawah Tips/Ideas.

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah, i agree.. but for our actions to have an effect - we have to show that we actually are muslims. This way they feel that we do what we do because we are muslims, and not just because of culture.

So for instance i gave da'wah to a non muslim in my class for a little while, but it was only a 5min thing [i mentioned the points regarding tawhid, risaalah, and abit about afterlife all in one 5min package] - now that i talk to the guy, even if its not about religion - he might see me as a muslim instead of an asian.

We should also try to implement our identity as muslims, like growing the beard and wearing the hijaab because people will reflect on the fact that we're muslims and not just a culture. Which will warmen them to islaam insha'Allaah, but this can only be done if we actually show them we are, and give the message insha'Allaah.

chat Quote

gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, a very important point. I was once asked... Do you wear a headscarf because your married? lol. Its important when we are asked about our actions or manners, we relate this back to our religion..i.e. I do such and such a thing because i am muslim, and my religion teaches this. They may ask you why... and this is your opportunity for dawah inshAllah.

My elderly neighbour lives on her own, i visit her and help her whenever i get the opportunity. She feels indebted to me but i tell her, this is my duty as a muslim. It is important others recognise islam through our actions...but inshAllah firstly we should work harder to implement islam as much as we can.

Dawah Tips/Ideas.

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allaah, just keep remembering to mention ahadith and verses from the Qur'an to bring her closer to islaam, because if she accepts - then it is way better for her than loving islaam while still being a disbeleiver - because that still doesn't guarantee her paradise.

Sometimes the person wants to become muslim but they dont know the first step, and they may feel too embarrased to ask. So you gota hit the jackpot and gain that reward, if she doesn't accept - atleast you asked in a kind way insha'Allaah.
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

any tips for the muslims...

Dawah Tips/Ideas.

heart 1 - Dawah Tips/Ideas.

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

For muslims, use mainly heart softeners and explain to them how islaam is the truth compared to all other faiths. [By using the Tawhid, Risaalah and Afterlife method above insha'Allah.]

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?cref=502&ln=eng

I'll explain more in detail tomorrow insha'Allaah.

Last edited by - Qatada -; 04-25-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    chat Quote

Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha Allâh, bârak Allâhu fîkum.. Great thread..
    Dawah Tips/Ideas.

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"How can you deny God, when 1) you were dead and 2) God gave you life? Then 3) God will cause you to die, and 4) then revive you, and then you will be returned to God." (Quran 2:28)

That aayah/verse has a powerful impact on the people because you say to the person, no matter what they are.

1) Were you alive 200years ago? Their going to say No obviously. [Which means they agree with point one in that verse]

2) Then the person was born, no matter how they think they were born - someone gave them life from just a drop of water (fluids of sperm etc.)

[the person agrees that they were created]

3) You will die. [the person agrees with this too]

The only point they differ on is the last point:

4) then revive you, and then you will be returned to God."

You have to make them reflect on the points mentioned previously. That if Allaah can give you life once when you were nothing, He can easily give us life once again when we are dust [because making something out of nothing is much harder than making something out of something already created.]

The person still might not agree, but then you use this verse:

And among His Signs (in this), that you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) to it, it is stirred to life and growth (of vegetations).

Verily, He Who gives it life, surely, (He) is Able to give life to the dead (on the Day of Resurrection). Indeed! He is Able to do all things.

[Qur'an 41:39]

And I heard in Suhaib Webb's tafsir on Surah Qaaf and also in Imaam Anwar al Awlakis - Hereafter series that our resurrection on that day will be similar too.

Our bodies will be like dust, and our backbones. Then Allaah will send a liquid of rain to fall down, and we will grow into our bodies once again [like the plants do] by the will of Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

PS: Sister syilla, you can also use these kind of explanations to make the muslims understand. Because one of the biggest problems with us today is that most of us don't know much about islaam. So it will be beneficial to them too insha'Allaah.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Da`wah - An Obligation

Abu `Abdil Kareem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An important matter for Muslims to realize is that da`wah is an obligation upon them. Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'aan:

"Invite to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided." [al-Qur'aan, an-Nisaa'(16):125]

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining al-ma`roof [i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do] and forbidding al-Munkar [polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden]. And it is they who are successful." [al-Qur'aan, Aal `Imraan (3):104]

The second verse may seem to be restricting the general obligation given in the first verse, but a close look at the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) reveals that calling to Allah is an individual obligation, rather than a collective one. The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has said: "Convey from me, even one verse." [al-Bukhaaree] Conveying the message therefore does not require a high level of scholarship, it is in fact a responsibility of each and every Muslim, according to his or her ability.

The obligation is further emphasized by the following verse which explains that not conveying the message - hiding knowledge - is disobedience to Allah that causes Allah's curse to descend upon such people, which shows that such a sin leads to the Hellfire.

"Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the book, they are the ones cursed by Allah and cursed by the cursers." [al-Qur'aan, al-Baqara(2):159]

In the same connection, the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has stated, "Whoever hides knowledge, Allah will brand him with the branding iron from the hellfire." [Ahmad]

Calling people to Allah also means completing our own worship, the reason for which we are created. It is one of the noblest acts that entails a high reward.

"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]

With regards to the reward, the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has said: "Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." [Saheeh Muslim] Also, "By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you it would be better for you than the best type of camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]
    chat Quote

learningislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want to ask something..... related to dawah........
    whats the best to say, when we are giving a leaflet, or a book (related to islam) to a non-muslim..as well to the muslims. I hope somebody gets what i am trying to ask?
    Like....what should be said that it effects them more in a positive way?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can even say a slogan like "What's the purpose of life? To obey the Creator." Then hand it over, thats what Kamal el Makki said.

When you hand the leaflet or book, say 'thankyou for your time' just to make the person feel appreciated.

Is that what you meant?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How Does a Learned Person Call to Allah?

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Excerpted from the translator's footnotes to "An Explanation of Riyadh al-Saliheen"
    by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Salih al-Uthaymeen
    Translated from al-Fawa'id by Sajad ibn `Abdur Rahman, © 1998 Sajad Rana

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An advice on how to call to Allah the people immersed in the Dunya Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

The learned individual does not command the people to abandon the Dunya, for they are incapable of abandoning it. Rather he instructs them to abandon wrongdoing with their [continue] residence in the Dunya. For the abandonment of the Dunya is supererogatory, but the abandonment of wrongdoing is obligatory. Accordingly, how can an [individual] be commanded to a supererogatory action, when he has [neglected] to establish an obligatory one?!

If the abandonment of wrongdoing becomes difficult for them to [endure], endeavour to make them love Allah by [means] of mentioning His Signs, His Blessings, His Munificence, His Perfect Attributes, and Exalted Descriptions. For indeed the heart is naturally inclined towards His love.

If it is attached towards His love, the abandonment of wrongdoing and independence from it, in addition to the persistence upon it shall become easy [to obtain]. Verily, Yahya ibn Mu`adh mentioned,

Questing for an intelligent [person] for [the affairs of] the Dunya,

Is superior to the abandonment of an ignorant [person] for it.

A judicious man invites people towards Allah, thus the [act] of responding becomes easy for them. An ascetic invites them towards Allah by the abandonment of the Dunya, thus the [act] of responding becomes difficult for them.
    chat Quote

learningislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post

"What's the purpose of life? To obey the Creator."

'thankyou for your time'

Is that what you meant?

Well.....they seem good....
    I will try them inshaAllah....

if there's more..plz do add..

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dawah Tips

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

dawah tips for bro at a stall in a public place inshaAllah.

jazakAllah khair wa barakAllahu feekum ,

the help of the muslims during such times is something which truelly touches the heart.

May Allah accept all your efforts, may Allah make us all those who are righteous with good intentions. May ALlah help us to be of those who strive to help the deen.

Ameen !
    Last edited by IbnAbdulHakim; 12-06-2006 at 10:59 PM.
    Dawah Tips/Ideas.

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Dawah Tips/Ideas. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dawah Tips/Ideas.