× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1479

The Regulations of Hajr

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Regulations of Hajr

Report bad ads?

The Regulations of Hajr - Part 1
    Shaykh Muqbil ibn Haadee al-Waadi'ee

What are the regulations of Hajr (boycotting) ?

All praise is due to Allaah, lord of the worlds, and may the peace and blessing of Allaah be upon the messenger of Allaah, his family and companions, and I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is his slave and messenger, to proceed:

Hajr: Boycotting a Muslim is considered to be from the major sins, the messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “It is not permissible for a Muslim to boycott his brother for more than three days.” Yes, and he also said: “Indeed Allaah, ta’aala forgives all of his creation except a mushrik (polytheist), or a mushaahin (one who hates or has enmity with his brother), and He says “Wait for these two until they resolve their differences.”

So the boycotting of a Muslim is considered to be from amongst the major sins, and it happened that the messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم boycotted the three companions who stayed behind and didn’t join in the war of Tabook for about fifty days. Likewise he boycotted his wives when they demanded that he provide them with more than what he was able, he boycotted them for a month. After that Allaah ordered him to ask them to choose between either staying with him or separation; {O Prophet! Say to your wives: “If you desire the life of this world, and its glitter, then come! I will make a provision for you and set you free in a beautiful manner (divorce) But if you desire Allaah and His Messenger, and the home of the Hereafter, then verily, Allaah has prepared for those who do good (Muhsinaat) amongst you an enormous reward.} [Al Ahzaab: 28-29]

All of them chose to stay with him, and he started with ‘Aaisha saying “I advise you to consult your parents.” She said: “About what?” So he read to her these verses, she said: “I will not consult anyone, indeed I want Allaah and his messenger, but I ask you not to tell any of your other wives what you told me.” So he said: “Not one of them will ask me except that I will tell her, for verily Allaah has not sent me to distress [people], rather He only sent me as a teacher.” Narrated by Muslim.

And he also boycotted a man who covered himself with a scented oil (perfume) called khalooq. So the messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم practiced boycotting very rarely, so it is not befitting that you boycott whoever you see has a few mistakes, for the messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The rights of the Muslim upon the Muslim are five: …” and he mentioned from amongst them: “when you meet him, then greet him [with salaam]”

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

Al Ajwibah As sadeedah fee Fataawa Al ‘Aqeedah. P.167. By Shaykh Abu ‘Abdur Rahmaan, Muqbil ibn Haadee Al Waade’ee رحمه الله p.68.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Regulations of Hajr

Part 2

Boycotting during these times, and other times, must not be based upon desires. There is a problem/argument between you and a friend, so you say:

“I will boycott him for the sake of Allaah.”

But if you searched yourself fairly, you would find that you only boycotted him for your own sake. and it is not for personal gains, that you boycott for the sake of Allaah subhaanahu wa ta’aala.

Your son, your brother for the sake of Allaah or your neighbor, you boycotted him and in no time at all, you didn’t even notice except that he has deviated or left to be from amongst the sheeyo’een or other than them. You are considered to have sinned, and you are the reason for his deviation.

So it is necessary that you look at the benefits. For example, you boycott your son a day or two, and he is in need of you, and you are positive that he will return, however if you think that the hizbees would grab him, or that he would get lost in the streets, then it is upon you to be patient with him, and pray to Allaah for his guidance, for indeed your du’aa with the permission of Allaah will be accepted, you should pray that Allaah guides him.

Yes I advise you not to attend the lectures of the deviants from the hizbees and other than them.

Why?

Because they spread poison in their lectures, whether you realize it or not. But if you see him [one of them] in the street, then say:

“As salaamu alaykum.”

“Wa alaykum as salaam.”

And if he shakes your hand, then shake his hand. But for the safety and protection of your hearts from doubts, I advise you not to attend the lectures of the people of bi’dah, whether they are hizbees or other than them, yes, in order to keep the hearts safe, for indeed one of you may travel with one of them from San’aa to Hadramawt [cities in Yemen], and he [the hizbee] does nothing except call to his apparent hizb (group) and from Allaah alone we seek assistance.

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

Al Ajwibah As sadeedah fee Fataawa Al ‘Aqeedah. P.167. By Shaykh Abu ‘Abdur Rahmaan, Muqbil ibn Haadee Al Waade’ee رحمه الله p.68.
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! The Regulations of Hajr Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Regulations of Hajr