× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 16 of 16 visibility 2379

Did you ever see an UFO?

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Did you ever see an UFO?

Report bad ads?

well this may be abit off topic, but you know we can mix it up with this topic since it does have to do with the skies, and woodrow you used to be a pilot and in the airforce.....

so i have a Q, woodrow did you ever see a UFO? or do you know any other pilots who were working with you who saw one? or for that matter since you were a pilot im sure you probaly even knew pilots after you werent a pilot anymore, did they see one? and lastly is there a ufo filing report procedure in place incase you see one?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Did you ever see an UFO?

Along about in WW2 was when the term UFO was coined. It is simply an acronym meaning Unidentified Flying Object. During WW2 many new aircraft were rapidly being built and deployed. Many pilots did not know what they were seeing.

Standards were set for uniform reporting standards to help identify these things and the source.That was the start of the "Blue Book Project"

During Korea the F-86 was the standard fighter jet. We had flying capabilities previously undreamed of and went to altitudes thought impossible. Strange phenomena occur at high altitudes. Even during day light hours stars are visible. the planets Venus and Jupiter look like huge flying disc. After Roswell in 1947 there was speculation of Extra Terrestrials. Venus and Jupiter looked very much like some type of disk shaped flying air craft at that height. More than one pilot over Korea had tried to shoot Venus down.

There was also another phenomena, gamma radiation. At above 35,000 feet it gets to be intense, the F-86 was not properly shielded from it. When you get bombarded with Gamma, any radiation hitting your optic nerve produce a bright momentarily moving light. It seems to be large and moving at high speed.

Shortly After Korea, a pilot Col. Keyhoe wrote a very interesting book called the "Project Blue Book" some of the book is his experiences, some here say and some pure fiction. He wrote it in the format of being an official air Force report. many people believe it to be all fact.

When I entered the AF, we had been told much of this before we ever soloed.

I did see many startling things. but, since i was expecting them I knew that they were either stars, planets or Gamma effects. But, recalling those days and if I had not expected them I would have believed I saw extraterrestrial air craft.

Yes, there are specific guidelines and standard report forms for all pilots to fill out in the event they see a UFO. the reports get fewer each year as most of the sightings are no longer unknown.

I have known many pilots that have seen flying objects, but they were later identified as to what they were.

sorry, no ETs to report. Although I do believe extraterrestial life exists I doubt very much we will ever have any unannounced visitors.
    Last edited by Woodrow; 09-06-2007 at 06:12 PM.
    Did you ever see an UFO?

Herman 1 - Did you ever see an UFO?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Respected elder Woodrow, what are your thoughts on the Bermuda Triangle?
    Did you have any encounters with it or know of anyone who did?

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/lost_aircraft.html
    Did you ever see an UFO?

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - Did you ever see an UFO?
    chat Quote

Md Mashud's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You was a Pilot? Lucky you, thats like a dreamjob here in the UK!:P
    Did you ever see an UFO?

Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid View Post

Respected elder Woodrow, what are your thoughts on the Bermuda Triangle?
    Did you have any encounters with it or know of anyone who did?

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/lost_aircraft.html
    The Bermuda Triangle is the most traveled spot on Earth. the amount of Air craft and ships in it at any given moment is unblievable. I"ve been through it many times as a pilot and as a passenger. then you have the huge number of fishing boats that are there, from the large commercial fisheries. yes, a lot of ships and air craft have been lost in the region. but, for the area and amount of traffic the losses are very low. Keep in mind the area of the Bermuda triangle is :

The size of the triangle varies from 500,000 square miles to three times that size, depending on the imagination of the author.
    Source: http://skepdic.com/bermuda.html

In other words only 20 of the world's 220 nations are larger than the Bermuda triangle. Lots of traffic goes through there.

Oddly, I have never heard of anybody who lives in Bermuda from every being killed by the triangle. I know a few people from Bermuda and they had never heard of the Bermuda triangle stories.

The lost navy pilots is true. But, if you ever flew a plane you can see how easily that could happen especially since all of the pilots but one were trainees.
    Did you ever see an UFO?

chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well have you guys seen NASA live broadcasts? there are many strange things flying around our atmosphere and space that have been caught on their footage which couldnt be debris or ice-particles or human space-craft unless we have technology which thousands of years beyond our capabilities which we are keeping secret (which i doubt).....here is some of the footage:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zpK5a5l8Y58

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UbPR1yI3XSI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0jpUPLqLhA

:~/ theyre here!
    chat Quote

fatima_01's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

intrestin topic
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Join SETI

http://www.seti.org/index.php

Also see SETI@home
    http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/info.php

You can help find ET
    Last edited by wilberhum; 09-06-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    chat Quote

deen_2007's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

what are the specification for wanting to be a pilot?....

height?

etc

here in the UK?
    Did you ever see an UFO?

wwwislamicboardcom - Did you ever see an UFO?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Md Mashud's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007 View Post

height?

etc

here in the UK?
    Specification:

Have perfect eyesight
    You are pretty rich
    Do not look Muslim/Practicing

So I fail on all counts

Also, the last note, is not really a joke comment, I have a reliable source of people not having the contracts renewed without reason (Well, its obvious) - The people in question were of Pakistani background.
    Did you ever see an UFO?

Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

height?

etc

here in the UK?

The requirements for military and civilian pilots differ also for the type of aircraft and the type of rating you are going for.

For the military criteria I can not remember the exact limitations for height and weight. I was 5'10" and weighed 145 Lbs. If memory serves me right the maximum height for an F-86 pilot was 6'0" and max weight was 160 LBs. Minimum height I believe was 5'6".

After my military days I did get a civilian pleasure license. the physical limitations for that were very lax. your vision had to be good enough to see the plane and your hearing had to be good enough to hear the inspector. You had to be able to get in the plane without assistance. Not quite that easy but, almost. essentially if you can get a drivers license for a car, you are in sufficient physical shape to get a pleasure license. However, hearing is important. I could not renew my license 2 years ago because of my hearing.

for both civilian and military pilots education is just as important as physical. You do need good math skills and be proficient in trigonometry. Even with all of todays sophisticated equipment, you still have to know how to navigate and accurately calculate destination times, fuel consumption etc.
    Did you ever see an UFO?

chat Quote

SATalha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One night after esha prayers i was walking home from the local masjid, slowly as usual. I was walking and then all of a sudden i saw a bright light in the middle of the sky, for a second i was stunned and didnt know what to do. I was breathing hard and than i realised that it was just the moon.
    Did you ever see an UFO?

Our preperation continued, with our efforts and the efforts of our brothers, for years and years. Through out that time we gathered, observed and waited until the moment to move arrived.

Sheikh Ahmad Yassin

SALAM MY UMMAH VISIT:
    WWW.EASY-TALK.ORG
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha View Post
    One night after esha prayers i was walking home from the local masjid, slowly as usual. I was walking and then all of a sudden i saw a bright light in the middle of the sky, for a second i was stunned and didnt know what to do. I was breathing hard and than i realised that it was just the moon.
    But that second for which you was stunned may have been a tranquilizer which instantly puts you to sleep and after they had their way with you they put you back in that exact same position disaperaing before you gained conciousness :X
    Did you ever see an UFO?

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - Did you ever see an UFO?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud View Post
    Specification:

Have perfect eyesight
    You are pretty rich
    Do not look Muslim/Practicing

So I fail on all counts

Also, the last note, is not really a joke comment, I have a reliable source of people not having the contracts renewed without reason (Well, its obvious) - The people in question were of Pakistani background.

realy?

....seriously...even though u can wear eye specs? ....ok....whats the height restriction....? woodrow....is it the same in every country? i wud think so
    Did you ever see an UFO?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

realy?

....seriously...even though u can wear eye specs? ....ok....whats the height restriction....? woodrow....is it the same in every country? i wud think so
    I can only speak for the USA back in the 1950s and 60s. When I was still an aviation cadet we were also training pilots for many other nations. We had cadets from Italy, Saudi, Iran, Morocco, Thailand, and Viet-Nam that I can remember. We all had to pass the same physical requirements. at that time all pilots had to speak English as that was the international language used at all navigational check points world wide.
    Did you ever see an UFO?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ ok...thanks..

for a minute i was thinking of flying a plane...lol....that would never happen
    Did you ever see an UFO?

chat Quote

21. Hide
Hey there! Did you ever see an UFO? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Did you ever see an UFO?