× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 20 of 20 visibility 3009

Interesting...

m102313's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Few Facts

Report bad ads?

Please pass these to your friends and family members.

1. Scientists had proved that the sound which comes from heart beat is "LUB DUB". But now they analyse that in fact it is "RUB RUB"... "RUB" is an Arabic word which means 'who made each and everything.... That is ALLAH............ So it means every heart beat says ALLAH ALLAH............. If u believe in this........... forward this to all ur friends and family.

2. The Holy Prophet (SAW) said, "Stop doing everything during the Azaan, even reading the Quran, the person who talks during the Azaan will not be able to say the Kalima E Shahada on his / her death bed.... Please pass this message to fellow Muslims as a little something to be aware of and please always remember it.

3.Dont say 'Mosque'..... say 'Masjid'. It was found that the meaning of 'Mosque' is from the Spanish word for 'Mosquitoes' and dates back to when the Spanish under the rule of King Ferdinand during the Crusades said they were gonna go and swat the Muslims "like mosquitos."

4.Don't write "Mecca"........ Its means 'house of wines'. Write 'MAKKAH'.

5.Don't write the name of Our Prophet (S.A.W) or your name in short as 'MOHD '........... It means 'The dog with big mouth' so write 'MUHAMMAD'

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    'Abd al-Baari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Few Facts

someoe of that is totally new to me
    Jazakallah Khair for sharing bro
    Interesting...

chat Quote

ummAbdillah's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    ~Aisha~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

1. Scientists had proved that the sound which comes from heart beat is "LUB DUB". But now they analyse that in fact it is "RUB RUB"... "RUB" is an Arabic word which means 'who made each and everything.... That is ALLAH............ So it means every heart beat says ALLAH ALLAH............. If u believe in this........... forward this to all ur friends and family.
    Asalamu Alakum, this is yet another sign of Allah subhanahu wa taala!
    Jazakallah Khayr for sharing!
    Interesting...

وَإِن كُنتُنَّ تُرِدْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ أَعَدَّ لِلْمُحْسِنَاتِ مِنكُنَّ أَجْرًا عَظِيمًا
    chat Quote

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallah Khayran brother.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ourra-Tul-'Ain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallah Kair for that information brother
    Allahu Akbar!
    chat Quote

*~Sofia~*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salams

jazakAllah for sharing bro, i guess we learn something new every day
    jazakallah once again

wasalam
    chat Quote

Salaam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker View Post

2. The Holy Prophet (SAW) said, "Stop doing everything during the Azaan, even reading the Quran, the person who talks during the Azaan will not be able to say the Kalima E Shahada on his / her death bed.... Please pass this message to fellow Muslims as a little something to be aware of and please always remember it.

do u have any reference for this?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam View Post

do u have any reference for this?

I would like to see a referende for the entire statements.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No. I don't have reference now, one of the sheikh's sent me email. Insha'allah, i will ask him for the references and post back.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Soulja Girl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Umm Abdullah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Interesting...

Someone just sent me this as an Email and I thought I'd share it wiv you guys!

Scientists have proven that the sound which comes from the Heartbeat is LUB DUB. But now they analyse that it is RUB RUB... "RUB" is an Arabic word which means who made each and everything...That is ALLAH...So it means every Heartbeat says ALLAH ALLAH...

The Holy Prophet said, "stop doing everything during the Adhan, even reading the , the person who talks during the Adhan will not be able to say the Kalima E Shahada on his/her death bed..."

Please always remember this...Don’t say "Mosque "...Say "Masjid"...Islamic organization found the meaning of "Mosque" Is...."Mosquitoes "...Don’t write
    "Mecca" It means "House of Wines" write "MAKKAH" and don’t write the name of Our Prophet or your name in short as "MOHD"...It means..."The Dog with a BIG Mouth." So write "MUHAMMAD."

chat Quote

Ibn Al Aqwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Interesting...

Subhanallah Jazakallah for sharing

yeh, they started saying "mosquito" because they said the muslims looked like mosquitos when they flocked to and from the masjid

AllahHuAkbar, the heart thing is amazing
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey i already posted this before, please delete this one, no need to have two.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...few-facts.html

BTW Please look or search before posting.

Jazakallahu Khairan
    chat Quote

nevesirth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i Dont Knw Why Some Muslims Still Say Mosque. Thnx For Sharing
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam.
    Shukran sista, much appreciated
    Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey i already posted this before, please delete this one, no need to have two.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...few-facts.html

BTW Please look or search before posting.

Jazakallahu Khairan
    Yes and you said;
    No. I don't have reference now, one of the sheikh's sent me email. Insha'allah, i will ask him for the references and post back.
    But no reference was ever given. I wonder why?
    chat Quote

Shukri's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh thats really interesting.
    Please post if you have a reference to this.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please pass these to your friends and family members.

3.Dont say 'Mosque'..... say 'Masjid'. It was found that the meaning of 'Mosque' is from the Spanish word for 'Mosquitoes' and dates back to when the Spanish under the rule of King Ferdinand during the Crusades said they were gonna go and swat the Muslims "like mosquitos."

4.Don't write "Mecca"........ Its means 'house of wines'. Write 'MAKKAH'.

5.Don't write the name of Our Prophet (S.A.W) or your name in short as 'MOHD '........... It means 'The dog with big mouth' so write 'MUHAMMAD'

this has been around at least twice and so far nobody has come up with a reference to it's validity. However there are some interesting things that have come up.

WORD For WORD: Is ‘mosque’ derived from ‘mosquito’?

Khaled Ahmed

In these days of paranoia, one hears Muslims say that the English word “mosque” should be laid aside because it has been derived from “mosquito”. Nothing could be farther from the truth

A reader asked from the wonderful Lahore journal “Renaissance” if the English word mosque was derived insultingly from mosquito. He had read it in a book titled “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Understanding Islam”.

The book said that during the Crusades, King Ferdinand of Spain had said that he would swat the Muslims like mosquitoes, and that was the origin of the word mosque, the place where the “mosquitoes” prayed.

As the title suggests the book was a spoof. The definition given there is also a spoof and anyone taking it seriously runs the risk of being an idiot
    . Adnan Zulfiqar of “Renaissance” gave a very appropriate reply: the word had come from Spanish mezquita meaning mosque and became current long after King Ferdinand had had his day.

The Spanish-Portuguese civilisation that confronted the Arab conquest twisted the Arab words around quite a lot. Spain saw some of the most beautiful mosques being built on its soil. The place was called masjid by the conquerors and was taken as mesquita by the locals, which is mezquita in modern Spanish.

There is something to be said about the way Arabs themselves pronounce the sound “j”. We are told that Arabic doesn’t have the “g” sound. We have two versions of the word Gilani. The Arabs will say Jilani. Golan Heights are Jolan Heights in Arabic.

But there are Arabs that naturally convert “j” into “g”. For instance, Jemal Nasser is Gemal Nasser in Egypt. How would the Egyptians say masjid? While the spelling remains the same, the word will come out masgid. That’s not difficult to convert into mesquita.

English etymology makes it clear that mosque came into English in the 17th century from Italian moschea and French mosquee. The resemblance with mosquito is accidental. Mosquito came from Spanish as a derivative of mosca (fly).
    Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...9-2-2003_pg3_7

Additional Source:
    Mosque: The word "mosque" has been traced at least in rumor to either Queen Isabella or her husband, King Ferdinand, of Spain, who were expanding Christianity against the Muslims. One of these monarchs is supposed to have spoken their intention to swat the Muslims "like Mosquitoes," giving rise, it is claimed, to the word "mosque," the place where Muslims congregate. Muslims, therefore, prefer masjid to mosque. Anyone who can substantiate this is more than welcome to write me. The Oxford dictionary describes the origins of the word "mosque" as obscure, and it mentions English writers using forms drawn directly from the Arabic words masjid, mosged or muschid. The Oxford dictionary describes "mosque" as "a Muslim temple or place of worship."

September 9, 2006: A reader writes that 'mosque' derived from the word 'mosquito' is a myth and has sent me her search on the word.

SEE: http://www.fsmitha.com/defini.html
    More Source: READER COMMENT (September 1, 2006)

Hi,
    I read in your definitions on your website that mosque was derived from the term 'mosquito' which is actually a myth. I looked it up so that I'd have something scholarly to back me up..

"The modern-day English word "mosque", just like its equivalents in many other European <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe> languages, derives from the word /masjid/ via Spanish
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language> /mezquita/.^[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque#_note-Masdjid1> The pre-cursors of the word "mosque" appeared during the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries and "Moseak", "muskey", "moschy", and "mos'keh" were just some of the variations that came into use until it was decided that "mosquee",
    imitating Middle French <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_French>, Italian <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_language>, and Old Spanish <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language>, would become the standard. In the early 18th century, the modern spelling became the most popular and standard spelling of the word."
    - from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque (they site their sources there)

SEE: http://www.fsmitha.com/scnd/mosque.html
    Heart Sounds:

http://www.blaufuss.org/

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...t-lung-sounds/

As far as Mohd goes, that is a fairly common nick name among Arabs. Some Mohds are:

http://www.mohdrafi.com/

http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/research/students/42.aspx

http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~...r:Norliza.html

I beleive those people speak Arabic. Seems strange they would keep the name Mohd if it meant "Big mouth dog"

In Arabic dog is Kelb or Kalb. I can not find the root for dog Ka-Lam-ba in Mim-wah-Hah-Dzeel

I am also having similar problems with the rest. Unless someone can post verification to the authenticity for those "Facts" I will have to close the thread as being an unfounded urban legend.
    Interesting...

Herman 1 - Interesting...

chat Quote

kwolney01's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow thats interesting...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    Yes and you said;

But no reference was ever given. I wonder why?
    I still haven't had a conversation with the sheikh, his gone abroad ATM.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I still haven't had a conversation with the sheikh, his gone abroad ATM.

This will stay up a little longer to give everyone a chance to find validation. I do not want to close something if it is truly authenticate. But, in all honesty I can not find any authenticate verification for any of the statements.
    Interesting...

Herman 1 - Interesting...

chat Quote

26. Hide
Hey there! Interesting... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Interesting...