× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 21 visibility 18544

Missing Asr Prayer

Safa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Missing Asr Prayer

Report bad ads?

Narrated by Abu Al Mahh (Radhiallaho anho):
    We were with Buraida in a battle on a cloudy day and he said,
    "Offer the 'Asr prayer early as the Prophet (sallallaahu
    'alaihi wasallam) said, "Whoever leaves the 'Asr prayer, all
    his (good) deeds will be annulled."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 528

What does "all his good deeds will be annulled" mean, does it mean all our good deeds will be wiped out, does it apply to people who miss it once or regularly?

Missing Asr Prayer

'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Batoota's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Missing Asr Prayer

Allah knows best what the correct answer is to that! Since I don't know, I won't try to answer that. I just thought that I would take the opportunity to add this aya since it is relevant to the topic:

Guard strictly your prayers, and your middle prayer, and stand before Allaah in devoutness. [Soorah al-Baqarah: 238]

Insha Allah, somebody will be able to help

Missing Asr Prayer

Inna lilahee wa inna ilayhee rajoun!
    chat Quote

Safa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Missing Asr Prayer

anyone else come across this hadith before?
    Missing Asr Prayer

'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
    chat Quote

Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

'Asr

Assalâmu 'alaykum..

Me and 2 other sister a having a discussion, we can't get nowhere, so we need a 4th opinion.. One of us says: If you forget or just don't pray 1 'asr prayer, then every single hasanaat you've earned is deleted and you only got saiyyat left.. Another one of us says: That if you don't pray 'asr, you get as much saiyyat as if you didn't pray 'fajr, dhuhr, maghreb or 'isha, and you get to keep your hasanaat..

Which one of us is right?
    Missing Asr Prayer

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Henry's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: 'Asr

Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

What is a hasanaat?

Wassalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu
    Missing Asr Prayer

wwwislamicboardcom - Missing Asr Prayer
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Reward.. When you do something good, you get a reward or a point.. I really don't know how to explain it.. Sorry!
    Missing Asr Prayer

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it can also be called thawab i've heard, or ajar on somali
    Missing Asr Prayer

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeh - hasanat means good deed.

The Noble Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:238

Guard strictly (five obligatory) As*Salawât (the prayers) especially the middle Salât (i.e. the best prayer * 'Asr). And stand before Allâh with obedience [and do not speak to others during the Salât (prayers)].

Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 10, Number 527:

Allah's Apostle (sal Allah u alai hi wasalam) said, "Whoever misses the 'Asr prayer (intentionally) then it is as if he lost his family and property."

so insha Allah it means if he/she has missed the 'asr prayer intentionally or on purpose, then it is as if he lost his family and property.

Allah (swt) knows best.

Allah (swt) knows best.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but if a person misses 'asr on purpose, then he/she don't got any hasanaat at all?? i just really gotta be complety sure

Missing Asr Prayer

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm really not sure ukhti.. i've read that hadith somewhere aswell but if you can get hold of the hadith and its source (where its from) - i can try to look for more information. because right now its really hard because i cant find the hadith either and this way i get less results when i search on the islamic sites. sorry..

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

barak allahu fiik ya akhee..

you can find ahadith here: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah

and this hadith was actually in there:
    Volume 1, Book 10, Number 528:
    Narrated Abu Al-Mahh:

We were with Buraida in a battle on a cloudy day and he said, "Offer the 'Asr prayer early as the Prophet said, "Whoever leaves the 'Asr prayer, all his (good) deeds will be annulled."

i just don't get it.. if a person is really good muslim his entire life.. i mean, a really really good muslim, he always lower his gaze, prays every prayer and alot of sunnah prayers too, etc etc, then if he misses 1 'asr prayer when he is like 67, because he was too tired or just lazy, then every hasanaat he had, will be deleted.. sorry, for me it doesn't make sense.. it really don't.. can someone plz explain it to me..
    Missing Asr Prayer

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazak Allah khayr for the source.. please be patient, insha Allah i will post it on another forum to see if we get any response. i've tried looking for the full tafseer of it from the net but i cant find none, but others may be able to help out insha Allah.

one thing to keep in mind is that one can pray qadha namaz - which means that they you can catch up on the prayers you may have missed.

some information on qadha namaz

please be patient and insha Allah someone will respond, dont worry - insha Allah i wont ignore this topic.

Allah (swt) knows best.

chat Quote

Mu'maneen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As we all know the five daily Prayers are compulsory and from Hadith we can read that the difference between the Muslim and the Kaafir, is the Salat.

Let us say that you forgot to pray 'Asr, and you realise after the time is up, or you overslept to the time of Maghirib and forgot to pray 'Asr, such forgetfulness may be forgiven my Allah, Inshah'Allah, but as soon as you realise, it is an obligation to rush to Salat in Haste and still seek forgiveness in Allah as one may sin without knowing.

If one intentionally leaves 'Asr till after the time is expired has sinned. Such a person must still make up the Salat, but to turn in full repentance to Allah and seek His love and Mercy. One must also add extra acts of worship in seeking forgiveness, through optional prayers, increased charity etc, as the acts of charity blot out the sins of Adam, as long as the intention is for Allah alone, and to seek His Mercy and Love through such actions.

If one deliberately does not pray 'Asr, while making other Salat, this in itself is unacceptable in the eyes of Allah.

It is an act of Kufr, to make 4 out of 5 Salat only, or 3 out of 5 Salat only etc.

One cannot pray with Khus'u (concentration) in their heart, or with true love towards their maker when choosing what Salat to do and what not to do. We are told what to do, so we do it without questioning our Creator.

Leaving out any Prayer, be it Fajr, Thuhur, 'Asr, Maghirib, or 'Ishah negates ones Islam as stated from Authentic Hadith regarding the difference between a Kaafir and a Muslim through Salat.

Therefore we conclude, in order for your Shahada to be stamped upon your Book of Records, one needs to avoid the nullifiers of Islam, and one such nullifier is to not perform the Salat, or a part of the Salat that are Fard.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
    http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html
    chat Quote

kadafi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen
    Let us say that you forgot to pray 'Asr, and you realise after the time is up, or you overslept to the time of Maghirib and forgot to pray 'Asr, such forgetfulness may be forgiven my Allah, Inshah'Allah, but as soon as you realise, it is an obligation to rush to Salat in Haste and still seek forgiveness in Allah as one may sin without knowing.
    akhee

There is no sin if one forgets and hence will not sin if he doesn't know.

Allaah (Exalted is He) said:

“And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend”
    [al-Ahzaab 33:5]

“Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error”
    [al-Baqarah 2:286]

And the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“My ummah is forgiven for mistakes and forgetfulness and for what they are forced to do.”
    A Hasan hadeeth related by Ibn Maajah, and al-Bayhaqee and others.

Imaam an-Nawaawi (May Allaah have mercy on him) has provided an explanation in his 40 hadeeth.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is no sin if one forgets and hence will not sin if he doesn't know.
    Akhie, we may sin without knowing, we seek forgiveness no matter what. We are ordered to seek forgiveness in what we know and what we do not know.

Concerning forgetfulness. If one is having fun or excess enjoyment or indulging in another form of sin that lead to such forgetfulness, then such a person may be held to account for such actions that lead to such person forgetting the Salat.

If forgetfulness is genuine without the result of certain bad actions then it is forgiven by Allah Inshah'Allah.

Remember Akhie if one forgets genuinely , it is the action of the pious and Tabi'een, to seek forgiveness no matter what. This is the point I was trying to put across.

---------------------

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazzakum Allahu Khairan for the excellent question.

First, let's agree on the importance of prayer in general. Allah, subhannahu wa ta'laa, the Lord of the universe, has created us strictly for worship. Therefore, He decides what form of woship pleases Him, what time it pleases Him, and where it pleases Him. Prayer is the first pillar that we act upon after taking our shahadah and entering the fold of Islam. The difference between a Muslim and a Kaffir is the abandonment of prayer as it was mentioned in a sahih hadith by the Prophet, salah allahu 'alayhi wa salam.

After realizing the importance of prayer, the Prophet, peace be upon him, has stressed upon specific prayers, either for special reward if it is performed on time, and others, for a terrible reckoning if it is delayed or abandoned. From the specificities, in reward and punishment, is salatul asr, or asr prayer.

In Sahih Bukhari, there is a whole chapter related the virtues of asr prayer. From these ahadith, it spoke of those who are going to gather in Jannah to see Allah's blessed face, and the Prophet's advice, peace be upon him, to his ummah is to take heed of the prayer before dusk and dawn, or asr and fajr. In another hadith it was related that the angels visit the worshippers in asr and fajr prayer, and Allah asks them, and he is more knowledgeable than them, "How did you leave my slaves?", the angels reply, "We left them as they were praying and came back and they were (still) praying".

As for the other side of the scope, the Prophet, peace be upon him, has also mentioned fatal losses for those who delay 'asr prayer, let alone abandon it. To stress on this point, the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, as it was related in Bukhari, "Whoever misses the `Asr prayer, it is as if he has lost his family and wealth" - and, "Whoever leaves the `Asr prayer, then his actions will be invalidated

Thus, this concludes us to fathom the severity of the matter, as it is linked with our whole faith. Allah has mentioned that whoever commits Kufr in Allah will have his good deeds dropped. The scholars have differenciated between those who miss prayer because of laziness, and the ones who abandon it all together knowing its obligation. We can associate this ruling for all prayers, but specifically to 'asr prayer, since there is an authentic hadith asserting this view. Some of sholars were of the opinion that the deeds which are dropped from 'asr prayer are the good deeds which are raised to Allah during that specific time, and others said its the deeds that come after the prayer. And in another opinion, is that the there are two forms of 7abt, or deeds which are dropped. First, the good deeds, which are dropped with Kufr, and the second is the dropping of bad deeds, which the believer gets, so that he can make use of his hasanat on the day of accountability. [I derived this from fath al baree, sharh sahih al bukhari from the explaination of the hadith mentioned].

In any case, the ahadith which are mentioned, provides us insight to the importance of asr prayer in specific, and a clear warning to the one who delays it intentionally or abandons it. One should be aware that this is not a joking matter since prayer is the most importat aspect of our faith after understanding tawheed. This hadith speaks to the aforementioned people of carelessness that the matter is so serious that it might bring wrath of Allah upon them but before that, they might have their deeds dropped, because they've ignored Allah, and chose to live a life away from worship and obedience.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assallama Alaikum brother JazakAllah for the hadith.Yes,if one forgets then he/she isn't accounted to it,but if they are aware and still decide to not pray Asr then all of his hasanat's will perish and his sayiats will increase.Even if he's a good muslim.I don't get it how are you going to be called a good muslim if you delibrately put off prayers such as asr.
    chat Quote

kadafi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen
    If forgetfulness is genuine without the result of certain bad actions then it is forgiven by Allah Inshah'Allah.

Remember Akhie if one forgets genuinely , it is the action of the pious and Tabi'een, to seek forgiveness no matter what. This is the point I was trying to put across.
    akhee,

I was gettin' the notion that you implied that if one forgets in ignorance, he will be accounted for that. My apologies akhee for misunderstandin' your post.

As for hastenin' to seek forgiveness, it was the practise of Muhammad al-Mustafa (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to ask forgiveness even though his past and future sins were forgiven.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was gettin' the notion that you implied that if one forgets in ignorance, he will be accounted for that. My apologies akhee for misunderstandin' your post.

As for hastenin' to seek forgiveness, it was the practise of Muhammad al-Mustafa (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to ask forgiveness even though his past and future sins were forgiven.
    Alhamdulellah we agree.

---------------------

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu-Dalha View Post
    Assallama Alaikum brother JazakAllah for the hadith.Yes,if one forgets then he/she isn't accounted to it,but if they are aware and still decide to not pray Asr then all of his hasanat's will perish and his sayiats will increase.Even if he's a good muslim.I don't get it how are you going to be called a good muslim if you delibrately put off prayers such as asr.
    I know this is an old thread but I thought it was really relevant. I'm confused though. Is it ALL good deeds the person has done in their lifetime or as brother Qatada pointed out below:

Some of sholars were of the opinion that the deeds which are dropped from 'asr prayer are the good deeds which are raised to Allah during that specific time, and others said its the deeds that come after the prayer. And in another opinion, is that the there are two forms of 7abt, or deeds which are dropped. First, the good deeds, which are dropped with Kufr, and the second is the dropping of bad deeds, which the believer gets, so that he can make use of his hasanat on the day of accountability. [I derived this from fath al baree, sharh sahih al bukhari from the explaination of the hadith mentioned].
    If all of the good deeds get erased, what does one do then to correct such a mistake??!
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Missing Asr Prayer Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Missing Asr Prayer