× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 32 visibility 3476

Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)

alihasnain's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)

Report bad ads?

On wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

Please contribute and improve this page.So many people are keen on vandalising this page,lets fight vandalists.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)

How do we improve it? It won't let me edit it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)

I think u have to Sign Up
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by alihasnain View Post
    On wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

Please contribute and improve this page.So many people are keen on vandalising this page,lets fight vandalists.
    you may have trouble removing the images. the prophet was often portrayed in persian art.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Qingu's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why should Wikipedia remove images of Muhammad? Wikipedia is not subject to Islamic law.

And as snakelegs pointed out, Muhammad was often portrayed in Islamic art anyway. Why don't you urge Muslims to destroy all these paintings, while you're at it.
    chat Quote

genki's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother you cant go destroying all the paintings, carpets, canvas etc that his images were made or painted on.

Besides none of those pictures are alike because none of them lived in his time to know what he looked like.

All you can do with wikipedia is let them know its not right in Islam to make depictions of the profit and if they could kindly take it down since its insulting.

There are more important things in your life and within you to worry about.
    chat Quote

Anwarica's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Finally, seems there's one last hope for that as someone started this petition:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/rem...from-wikipedia

More than 10 thousand signature so far.

"Whoever saves a human life has saved the life of all mankind" (Quran 5:32).

The Muslim Jesus videos

The portal Quran is everywhere, Alhumdolilah for Tech.

If Quran was copied ..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Anwarica View Post

Finally, seems there's one last hope for that as someone started this petition:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/rem...from-wikipedia

More than 10 thousand signature so far.
    Why should Wikipedia honor this petition, even if it has 1.8 billion signatures? Wikipedia is not an Islamic organization.
    chat Quote

Talib_Rayhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wikipedia should honor the petition because the imagery is insulting to a large number of the earths population, Are you saying that all non-Islamic organizations have the right to insult Islam?

And excuse me for asking, But why on earth do you care either way? Your an athiest right? Your two posts in this thread are arrogant and if we were in a real life situation, Im sure I wouldnt take kindly to your tone of voice...
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Talib_Rayhan View Post
    Wikipedia should honor the petition because the imagery is insulting to a large number of the earths population,
    So what?

Are you saying that all non-Islamic organizations have the right to insult Islam?
    Of course! Just as Islamic organizations have the right to insult non-Islamic organizations if they so choose.

And excuse me for asking, But why on earth do you care either way? Your an athiest right?
    Atheists don't care about things?

Your two posts in this thread are arrogant and if we were in a real life situation, Im sure I wouldnt take kindly to your tone of voice...
    I actually think if we were talking in real life, you wouldn't get the impression that I'm being arrogant at all. I think I write more forcefully than I talk, which sometimes gives the impression of arrogance where none is intended.
    chat Quote

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qingu View Post
    So what?

Of course! Just as Islamic organizations have the right to insult non-Islamic organizations if they so choose.

Atheists don't care about things?

nope...

oh and yes muslims do have the right to do that, they just don't cause they aren't worried about the other religions to spread.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Qingu, As I can see from your reply, You beleive your tongue is sharper than most swords. You are sorely mistaken.

Your whats known in these parts as a 'Smart-Ass' and as the saying goes, "Nobody likes a smart-ass"

I beleive you to be of those destined for HellFire, and on that note I cease communications with you. Allah (SWT) will do with you as He see's fit.
    chat Quote

DAWUD_adnan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Striving for Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qingu View Post
    Why should Wikipedia remove images of Muhammad? Wikipedia is not subject to Islamic law.

And as snakelegs pointed out, Muhammad was often portrayed in Islamic art anyway. Why don't you urge Muslims to destroy all these paintings, while you're at it.
    IT is not Islamic art, its PERSIAN! nothing, nothing to do with Islam, get your facts str8 !

Bloody persians can't even draw, they got the description all wrong.. first the buraq and now this, its just nasty, im starting to hate them...
    Last edited by DAWUD_adnan; 12-22-2007 at 05:09 AM.

[/SIGPIC1][SIGPIC]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Qingu, As I can see from your reply, You beleive your tongue is sharper than most swords. You are sorely mistaken.

Your whats known in these parts as a 'Smart-Ass' and as the saying goes, "Nobody likes a smart-ass"

I beleive you to be of those destined for HellFire, and on that note I cease communications with you. Allah (SWT) will do with you as He see's fit.
    When unable to reply, resort to an ad hominem. Nice tactic
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan View Post
    IT is not Islamic art, its PERSIAN! nothing, nothing to do with Islam, get your facts str8 !

Bloody persians can't even draw, they got the description all wrong.. first the buraq and now this, its just nasty, im starting to hate them...
    I'll ignore your hatred and concentrate on the 'buraq' - could you elaborate on your meaning here?

Peace
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan View Post

erm... persians are indeed muslims.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
    Theres a big difference between being unable to reply and choosing not to waste time on ignorant people.

PEACE!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
    It's a tactic that's gaining popularity all the time, it seems. It's a real shame that there are so many people here who genuinely haven't got a clue how to discuss things productively. Still, there are a lot of kids on the forum - they're still learning, so perhaps we ought to give them a break.

Peace
    chat Quote

mohsen1985's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm from Iran (or a Persian as called in the previous posts). I don't think offending another nation's history, art and literature, especially an Islamic nation, does any help. Us muslims have enough enemies in the world as it is, why turn on each other instead of being united and like brothers and sisters?

I am against paintings and portraits of the prophet also, but you must also think that the painter is not offending the prophet. Maybe it was his love for him that made him express his love to the prophet by drawing a painting?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Theres a big difference between being unable to reply and choosing not to waste time on ignorant people.

PEACE!
    Another ad hominem to justify the one before it.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Please help remove images and falsehood from the page about prophet muhammad(saw)