× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 1738

Catholics Please Answer

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Catholics Please Answer

Report bad ads?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong To God, Victory To God)

Hey, just wondering about this , It's always played on my mind, perhaps you can set me straight as it were. Thanks

The Catholic church teaches that Peter was the first Pope and the earthly head of the church, but the Bible never says this once. In fact, it was Peter himself who spoke against "being lords over God's heritage" in I Peter 5:3. Popes do not marry, although Peter did (Mat. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5). The Bible never speaks of Peter being in Rome, and it was Paul, not Peter, who wrote the epistle to the Romans. In the New Testament, Paul wrote 100 chapters with 2,325 verses, while Peter wrote only 8 chapters with 166 verses. In Peter's first epistle he stated that he was simply "an apostle of Jesus Christ," not a Pope (I Pet. 1:1). The Roman papacy and priesthood is just a huge fraud to keep members in bondage to a corrupt pagan church.

The priests are sexual abusers, and the pope did nothing to curb this but kept it hidden. If you say the pope is infallible and represents God on earth, is this how he operates? or are you followers just gullible and accept and follow like sheep? Is the Church not just a money making business, or did Jesus say live in cushy places and worship mammon to his people? (those that 'represent' God and Jesus)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong To God, Victory To God)
    Catholics Please Answer

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Catholics Please Answer

The title "Pope" didn't come about until the fall of the Western Roman Empire, and since Peter formed the first church in Rome, hence being the first Bishop, Pope's claim apostolic succession, meaning each Pope is a successor to Peter.

Obviously this wasn't a popular idea with the other major bishops during this time, and certainly not to the Eastern Roman emperor.
    Catholics Please Answer

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is he infallible?
    Catholics Please Answer

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dupe Posts
    Catholics Please Answer

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    Is he infallible?
    That would depend on what one means by "infallible". The doctrine of "infallability" didn't come about until 1870, and it has more to do with being "infallible" in the implementation and direction of Church doctrine. In other words, what the Pope says goes, as he is thought to be guided by the Holy Spirit. I believe what you mean is "perfect", which is not what the word "infallible" is meant to convey in this context.
    Catholics Please Answer

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    That would depend on what one means by "infallible". The doctrine of "infallability" didn't come about until 1870, and it has more to do with being "infallible" in the implementation and direction of Church doctrine. In other words, what the Pope says goes, as he is thought to be guided by the Holy Spirit. I believe what you mean is "perfect", which is not what the word "infallible" is meant to convey in this context.
    Is he guided by the Holy Spirit?
    Catholics Please Answer

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is he guided by the Holy Spirit?
    I suppose that would be between him and God.
    Catholics Please Answer

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    I suppose that would be between him and God.
    lol - I mean do Catholics percieve him to be?
    Catholics Please Answer

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol - I mean do Catholics percieve him to be?
    Anyone can be guided by the Holy Spirit, from the beggar in the alley to the Pope in Rome, but to answer your question, yes, the Pope is thought to be guided by the Holy Spirit when he makes his declarations concerning the Catholic faith. However, saying yes or no to that question is a little too simplified. Perhaps a better way to put it is that the Holy Spirit guides the Church itself, whether from the Papal level or the more local level. The Pope is looked to as the highest human authority on matters of faith and doctrine.
    Catholics Please Answer

chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! Catholics Please Answer Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Catholics Please Answer