× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 7515

Sects and Divisions

Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sects and Divisions

Report bad ads?

Ibn Taahir al-Maqdisi al-Haafidh said, "I heard the Imaam, Abu Ismaa'eel 'Abdullaah bin Muhammad al-Ansaari saying, whilst in Haraah: 'The sword was put to my neck five times [and each time] it was not said to me, 'Leave your madhhab' but it was said to me, 'Remain silent about those who are in opposition to you'. So I would say, 'I will not remain silent'." [Aadaab us-Sharee'ah (1/207) of Ibn Muflih al-Maqdisi al-Hanbali].

Al-Humaidee, the Shaikh of al-Bukhaaree said, "By Allaah, that I war against those who reject the Hadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) is more beloved to me than that I should war against the same number of Non-Muslims." [Al-Harawi in Dhamm ul-Kalaam].

Ibn al-Qayyim said, "The jihaad with decisive proofs [from the Book and the Sunnah] and the tongue takes precedence over the jihaad with the sword and the spear." [Al-Jawaab us-Saheeh of Ibn Taymiyyah (1/237)].

Nasr bin Zakariyaa said, I heard Muhammad bin Yahyaa adh-Dhuhlee saying, I heard Yahyaa bin Yahyaa saying, "Defence of the Sunnah is more superior than Jihaad in the path of Allaah." So I said, "A man spends his wealth, tires his body and strives (in jihaad), so is this one (still) better than him? He said, "Yes, by many times!" [Dhammu ul-Kalaam of al-Harawi].

Source

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Sects and Divisions

We should reject division and deviation and cling to the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

30:31-32. (Always) Turning in repentance to Him (only), and be afraid and dutiful to Him; and perform As Salât (Iqâmat as Salât) and be not of Al*Mushrikûn (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, idolaters, etc.).

Of those who split up their religion (i.e. who left the true Islâmic Monotheism), and became sects, [i.e. they invented new things in the religion (Bid'ah), and followed their vain desires], each sect rejoicing in that which is with it.
    Sects and Divisions

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.

4. Hide
Hey there! Sects and Divisions Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sects and Divisions