× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 141 visibility 25309

Why don't Muslims believe in the Trinity?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

the trinity I read the site it said you don't believe in the trinity? why is that? curious

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: why didnt jesus warn about muslims???

We dont believe in the trinity because we believe that God is too high/great to have a son, and God is One.

If God can create Adam (peace be upon him) without a father, and even without a mother - then why is it so hard for God to create Jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) without a father?

Another thing that makes it hard to believe is that; if all the other Prophets of God, including Moses etc. were all Prophets, then in what way were they related to God?

I dont mean to offend you with any of these questions, but even I would like to know why this is.

We believe that God has no partners, no children, because God is Eternal, and free of all wants, God is one and there is none comparable to him. This is why no-one is worthy of worship except God alone.

Please do ask if you dont understand. thanks.

ummAbdillah's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    ~Aisha~
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

peace
    format_quote Originally Posted by PRISONERofJOY12 View Post
    the trinity I read the site it said you don't believe in the trinity? why is that? curious
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[112.1] Say: He, Allah, is One.
    [112.2] Allah is He on Whom all depend.
    [112.3] He begets not, nor is He begotten.
    [112.4] And none is like Him.

no we dont belive in the trinity, we belive the allah is that one and only god.
    and mohammed, jesus, noah, lot etc are only honorable prophets of allah almighty.

وَإِن كُنتُنَّ تُرِدْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ أَعَدَّ لِلْمُحْسِنَاتِ مِنكُنَّ أَجْرًا عَظِيمًا

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

then I got this out of it just now: Three cannot be one...

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh.. well in our perspective instead of looking at it like 1+1+1=1 we look at like 1x1x1=1

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but you are adding it.. lets look at your parents... your dad ( dad is an example ) .. is he a dad? is he a son? is he a grandad.... how can he be all three of those?

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PRISONERofJOY12 View Post
    but you are adding it.. lets look at your parents... your dad ( dad is an example ) .. is he a dad? is he a son? is he a grandad.... how can he be all three of those?

I understand what you mean - but do you really believe that a person, a creation of God can be a son of God?

I want to ask this again - but in what way are the other prophets related to God, and why did God choose to have Jesus as his only son?

Us muslims believe that all the prophets are of a equal rank, and are creations of God, and they all came to give the message of God that we should worship God alone, what about all the people who came before Jesus? did their sins not get forgiven?

thanks.

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why don't Muslims believe in the Trinity?

Greetings and ,

This thread has been split from the one it was in previously, as it is discussing a different topic.

The following threads will hopefully be helpful, God-Willing:

What is Tawheed?

What is the meaning of Tawheed and what are its categories?

how did the trinity develop?

Islam and Christianity

Peace.

stevothewarrior's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

3 in 1 is possible.

i am 1 person

i am a son
    i am a brother
    i am a nephew

those r 3 different form of me yet i am still 1 person.
    if god is alpowerful then it would not be difficult at all to seperate those forms and for them to act seperatly.

dont think at it at 1+1+1=1
    think of it as 1x1x1=1

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey stevowarrior.

Yeah i agree, God is all powerful - but the question is, why does God have to sacrifice his own 'son' for the sake of humanity to forgive their sins?

this leads to the questions: -

- Does God really have a son? the One who creates every single atom in the universe, what benefit will it be to Him to have a son?

- What is the purpose in life of a christian if they all will be saved? whats the difference between a mass murderer and a christian who gives in charity? aren't they all going to be saved?

Its important to get evidence from our scriptures, so if you could get evidence from the bible - we would really appreciate it.

stevothewarrior's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    before christ the only way god's ppl could be saved was for them to sacrafice a perfect lamb to god and its blood would cover there sins. God promised that one day a perfect lamb would come and take away the sins of the world. Jsus came to be the perfect lamb to be the sacrafice that was promised. but the only thing that is absolutely perfect is God. this is why Jesus had to be part of God or as many call him "the Son of God" he was God in the flesh.

there is no difference between a "good person" and a mass murderer. both have sinned. God is faithful and just and will forgive both if they ask.

also one does not become saved by giving in charity they bcome saved by asking for forgivness.
    but if both ask for forgivness than yes both will be saved.

Romans 3:10 (New International Version)

10As it is written:
    "There is no one righteous, not even one;

1 John 1:9

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
    Last edited by Muhammad; 12-25-2005 at 05:09 PM. Reason: posts merged

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so peoples sins got forgiven by sacrificing a lamb? i dont understand that.. why should a person be forgiven if they slaughter a lamb? what relevance does it have to the persons sins.

i also dont understand the part where it keeps getting mentioned that jesus (peace be upon him) had to be sacrificed for the sins of later people to be forgiven. why was this? isn't God Strong, and Merciful enough to forgive the people without having to have His Own 'son' killed? i also dont understand that if jesus (peace be upon him) was really God, then why would He go in the form of a human, and after becoming a human, why couldn't He save Himself? isn't that easy for God?

i agree with the idea that God will forgive people their sins because in islam, if a person sincerely repents and asks for forgiveness (and avoids that sin in as much as they can in the future), they will get forgiven insha Allaah (God willing) - but i dont understand the idea that just because jesus (peace be upon him) sacrificed himself, or 'God' sacrificed himself? the peoples sins will be forgiven and they all will be given salvation, no matter what they did in this life..? Doesn't that just open the door to people doing whatever they wish in this life - without any consequences?

Us muslims believe we will be judged on the day of judgement based on our actions in this life, and whoever believed in God alone without any associates, and did good acts - they will go to heaven, and whoever did bad - and never believed will go to hell. however the people that believed in God alone without any associates will go to paradise after they have had their punishment - that is fair dont you think?

Please clarify that.. thanks.
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 12-24-2005 at 10:22 PM.

ummbilal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the trinity is
    father, son and holy ghost right?

we believe that the prophet Jesus(called Isa in Islam) peace be upon him was not the son of God, that God has no children and that Isa peace be upon him was created by God in the same way Adam peace be upon him was created with no parents, Isa had no father but a virgin mother Mary.

so we dont accept the son part and we believe the holy spirit you believe in is the Angel Gabriel who brought the Injil(Gospal) to the prophet Isa, an Angel is a servent of God, not worthy of worship, we pray only to God, God is the only thing worthy of our worship.

In every prayer we make we say in arabic

"You alone we worship and You alone we ask for help"

surah Al Fatiha
    which is the first surah or chapter of the Quran, which was given to Our Prophet Muhammed from God, sometimes through the Angel Jibrel (Gabriel)
    Muslims believe in all the prophets before Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him so we believe in Adam, Noah, Jacob, Joseph, Jonah, Abraham, Solomon, David, John the Baptist etc.. we believe all these brought the same message, ie worship God alone and pray, and the prophet Jesus is extreemly important in Islam, we do not worship him though nor do we worship any man or angel we pray only to the Creator Allah

Al=The

LLah=God
    so Allah means literally
    The God
    its not the name of God or anything like that , nor is it a different God from the God of the christians or jews as we believe there is only One God, and Muhammed is his messanger.

hth answer your question

peace
    Last edited by ummbilal; 12-24-2005 at 10:24 PM.

Indeed Allah is Great and Good Allhumdulilah

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    Jesus died on the cross so God can look at Him the way He should look at me so God can show me how Heloved me the way He should of loved Him..

39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[f]"

43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

that was luke22:39-43
    Last edited by Muhammad; 12-24-2005 at 10:36 PM.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I strongly urge you to listen to the 'tune in radio' because its specifically talking about this subject.. check the bottom of the homepage to access it.

ummbilal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

we dont believe Jesus peace be upon him died on the cross, God took him up to him and he will retern to do justice and there will be peace on earth for a time, I would love to be with the people who will witness his retern and follow him, oh to sit in a circle of studants studying under the Prophet Isa ,

we believe Allah doesnt punish or make anyone accountable for anyones sins, other than their own .Jesus didnt die at all and is still living with Allah in heaven, until his return to earth God willing.

peace and blessings be upon him and all the prophets of God.
    Last edited by ummbilal; 12-24-2005 at 10:37 PM.

Indeed Allah is Great and Good Allhumdulilah

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have 56k can I listen to it still?

is Jesus a Phrophet?

Shadow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^yes Jesus(pbuh) is a Prophet

"The ancestor of every action is a thought."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post
    so peoples sins got forgiven by sacrificing a lamb? i dont understand that.. why should a person be forgiven if they slaughter a lamb? what relevance does it have to the persons sins.

i also dont understand the part where it keeps getting mentioned that jesus (peace be upon him) had to be sacrificed for the sins of later people to be forgiven. why was this? isn't God Strong, and Merciful enough to forgive the people without having to have His Own 'son' killed? i also dont understand that if jesus (peace be upon him) was really God, then why would He go in the form of a human, and after becoming a human, why couldn't He save Himself? isn't that easy for God?

i agree with the idea that God will forgive people their sins because in islam, if a person sincerely repents and asks for forgiveness (and avoids that sin in as much as they can in the future), they will get forgiven insha Allaah (God willing) - but i dont understand the idea that just because jesus (peace be upon him) sacrificed himself, or 'God' sacrificed himself? the peoples sins will be forgiven and they all will be given salvation, no matter what they did in this life..? Doesn't that just open the door to people doing whatever they wish in this life - without any consequences?

Us muslims believe we will be judged on the day of judgement based on our actions in this life, and whoever believed in God alone without any associates, and did good acts - they will go to heaven, and whoever did bad - and never believed will go to hell. however the people that believed in God alone without any associates will go to paradise after they have had their punishment - that is fair dont you think?

Please clarify that.. thanks.
    well through Christ you already know you are saved no one can take that away not even satan can take it away.. you might slip away of course..

then to answer your first question.. it was intent that Jesus died on the cross just like it was needed for adam and eve to sin God knew they would sin thus they lost their perfect relationship with God after they did but.. so God intended to show His love for us by dying on the cross.. if you love someone and that someone treated you wrong what would you do? forgive them or not?
    if Allah wasn't a liar then it sure sounds like He lied by making judas the replacement of Jesus...

24. Report bad ads?
    Danish's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

:SL:
    bEFORE WE MOVE ON can u tell us where in bible word TRINITY IS MENTIOED?? Or where jesus said "OUR god is one in 3 god"

Famous verse of bible says : 4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Now y didnt jesus answer : "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one in THREE LORD:"?

And what does OUR god suppose to mean other than the fact jesus is saying ISRAEL ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND my god is one god

Beside all biblical evidence, TRINITY is a mystery (confessed by most born-again christians), trinity is illogical. Islam is absolutely logical

26. Hide
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Why don't Muslims believe in the Trinity? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why don't Muslims believe in the Trinity?