× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    AmatulWudud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    397
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Report bad ads?

    Bismillah


    Its wrong for men to name themselves Tawheed or Abu Tawheed.Real life men I have seen having such names.

    Better would it be call oneself "Muwwahid" I.e believer in ALLAH OR "Abu Muwwahid"

    As if you see it's detail,then its not correct.Tawheed is core of Islam or Imaan in "ALLAH"

    How could it be a human beings name?

    I haven't asked or heard a scholar as yet but really shouting some male Tawheed as in a name ,leads to Shirk!

    Rather naming oneself Muwwahid or Abu Muwwahid connotes slavery to ALLAH Alone ,I.e...Uboodiyah .

    Please correct me if I'm wrong so we can tell people who we know in real life to change their names as this is Sunnah too to change a wrong name that has a wrong connotion!
    Last edited by AmatulWudud; 04-02-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    | Likes talibilm liked this post

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,954
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    6996
    Rep Power
    86
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    754

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    lol i have a similar problem...

    but mankind is insolence and competition.

    and i suppose he did not choose his own name.


    ...if only people thought a little about things before they put them into motion..

    but this is not the way.. and opposing the master requires better planning.

    if there is such a thing.

  4. #3
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,408
    Threads
    140
    Reputation
    51058
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    8634
    Likes (Received)
    6222

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    NO idea what you just attempted to say... again

    Scimi
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!


  5. #4
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,408
    Threads
    140
    Reputation
    51058
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    8634
    Likes (Received)
    6222

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud View Post
    Bismillah

    Its wrong for men to name themselves Tawheed or Abu Tawheed.Real life men I have seen having such names.
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with these names, and Tawheed means "belief in the oneness of God" - or "monotheism". and abu tawheed means "father of monotheism... in fact, Ibraheem Alaihis Salaam is called "the Father of Monotheism" in religious circles, and the statement is accurate in my opinion.

    I don't see a problem with it.

    Allahu alam

    Scimi
    Last edited by Scimitar; 04-02-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    | Likes ardianto liked this post
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!


  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    AmatulWudud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    397
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with these names, and Tawheed means "belief in the oneness of God" - or "monotheism". and abu tawheed means "father of monotheism... in fact, Ibraheem Alaihis Salaam is called "the Father of Monotheism" in religious circles, and the statement is accurate in my opinion.

    I don't see a problem with it.

    Allahu alam

    Scimi
    Read the thread with concentrating on its words.....

    Ibrahim Alaih Salaam was called Haneefah .


    Not In arabi,as Abu Tawheed etc !

  8. #6
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,408
    Threads
    140
    Reputation
    51058
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    8634
    Likes (Received)
    6222

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud View Post
    Read the thread with concentrating on its words.....

    Ibrahim Alaih Salaam was called Haneefah .


    Not In arabi,as Abu Tawheed etc !
    Honestly, google "father of monotheism" and see whose name comes up.

    The translation of Abu Tawheed is Father of Monotheism - put the English words in, and see what turns up,

    And you know who Abraham pbuh was - without him - NO MONOTHEISM. No Ishmael, No Ishaac. NO Islam.

    Father of Monotheism may have been a title given to Haneefah, but he was not the father of monotheism, it's just a title.

    Either way - you seem to be stupidly getting hung up over the name when initially you wondered whether it was permissible to name someone as such lol the irony is that now you have two references for the name, and you're attempting to argue lol even though I helped you to understand that naming someone Abu Tawheed is fine ???

    Are you insane? Or just argumentative?

    Scimi
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!


  9. #7
    AmatulWudud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    397
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Honestly, google "father of monotheism" and see whose name comes up.

    The translation of Abu Tawheed is Father of Monotheism - put the English words in, and see what turns up,

    And you know who Abraham pbuh was - without him - NO MONOTHEISM. No Ishmael, No Ishaac. NO Islam.

    Father of Monotheism may have been a title given to Haneefah, but he was not the father of monotheism, it's just a title.

    Either way - you seem to be stupidly getting hung up over the name when initially you wondered whether it was permissible to name someone as such lol the irony is that now you have two references for the name, and you're attempting to argue lol even though I helped you to understand that naming someone Abu Tawheed is fine ???

    Are you insane? Or just argumentative?

    Scimi
    You rely much on Google but I rely on Texts of Islam!

    That's it!

    I won't reply to you & don't reply in my thread again!

  10. #8
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,408
    Threads
    140
    Reputation
    51058
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    8634
    Likes (Received)
    6222

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    I think you are silly,

    You made this thread to ask if naming someone Abu Tawheed is ok.

    I proved to you it is.

    Now you want to start an argument over semantics and you don't even realise that even Muslims claim Abraham Pbuh is the father of monotheism.

    Your ignorance, is astounding me.

    Go to sleep. You need rest.

    Scimi
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!


  11. #9
    AmatulWudud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    397
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Ibrahim Alaih Salaam is called father of monotheism in English

    But not called this word ,in Arabic !

    Go ask Arabic ulema the exact word!

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    AmatulWudud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    397
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    @huzaifa BinAdam

    Can you please let explain, InshaALLAH

  14. #11
    talibilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    953
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    3976
    Rep Power
    23
    Likes (Given)
    657
    Likes (Received)
    607

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!



    I agree with the OP and other names like AbdurRahman AbulSamad Abdul Wahid are supposed to be called or pronounced completely with adding Abd not as Hey, Rahman Or Samad or Wahid etc is sinful

  15. #12
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23330
    Rep Power
    41
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2440

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud View Post
    BismillahIts wrong for men to name themselves Tawheed or Abu Tawheed.Real life men I have seen having such names.Better would it be call oneself "Muwwahid" I.e believer in ALLAH OR "Abu Muwwahid"As if you see it's detail,then its not correct.Tawheed is core of Islam or Imaan in "ALLAH"How could it be a human beings name?I haven't asked or heard a scholar as yet but really shouting some male Tawheed as in a name ,leads to Shirk!Rather naming oneself Muwwahid or Abu Muwwahid connotes slavery to ALLAH Alone ,I.e...Uboodiyah .Please correct me if I'm wrong so we can tell people who we know in real life to change their names as this is Sunnah too to change a wrong name that has a wrong connotion!
    Does this objection come from scholars..?
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Allah (swt) knows best

  16. #13
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,408
    Threads
    140
    Reputation
    51058
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    8634
    Likes (Received)
    6222

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud View Post
    Ibrahim Alaih Salaam is called father of monotheism in English

    But not called this word ,in Arabic !

    Go ask Arabic ulema the exact word!
    Your ignorance is astounding me.



    A few hundred more where these came from. Next time, do a little digging before you make such stupid statements

    Scimi
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!


  17. #14
    AmatulWudud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    397
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Your ignorance is astounding me.



    A few hundred more where these came from. Next time, do a little digging before you make such stupid statements

    Scimi
    Tell me it's Arabic....don't hv time to watch lecture right now!

    We all know English word!

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,408
    Threads
    140
    Reputation
    51058
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    8634
    Likes (Received)
    6222

    Re: Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!

    You know nothing, apparently.

    Honestly, get educated.

    Stop embarrassing yourself.

    Scimi
    Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!



  20. Hide
Hey there! Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Naming humans as Tawheed as in Real Life!
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2016, 09:53 PM
  2. Real life IB advertising in Bangladesh
    By farhan in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 11:40 AM
  3. Who Do You Go To For Islamic Advice In Real Life?
    By hisnameiszzz in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 03:16 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 08:12 AM
  5. Meet a real life blue man
    By جوري in forum Health & Science
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create