× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Results 21 to 40 of 75
  1. #21
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Report bad ads?

    Salam alaykum

    About the northern lights; Tampere is quite south so the northern light are usually quite pale but if you are lucky you can see them sometimes. Dark winter nights are the best times. You can find more info from: http://www.tampereenursa.fi/?page=%7...8487D447213%7D (click --Briefly in English... )

    In Tampere is one mosque (I posted before it´s contanct info to you):

    Yliopistonkatu 60 A,
    33100 TAMPERE
    +358 50 323 5594
    info(at)islamtampere.com

    They are also in Facebook (but unfortunately only by Finnish):

    https://www.facebook.com/Tampereen-i...4097486070687/

    From them you can ask more info about times and places where to pray.

    From the official site of city of Tampere you can find info where to go and visit but I am sure you will get information also from the university about the city.

    https://www.tampere.fi/en/index.html

    As I know, every people whose visit in there, like to visit in the observation tower called Näsinneula.

    When you travel, remember that winters are cold with a lot of snow (well, mostly). Be sure you have warm clothes with you. Warm wool socks are the must. Hyvää matkaa ja tervetuloa. (Have a nice travel and welcome.)
    | Likes Cptn._.Mario liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #22
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Salam alaykum

    About the northern lights; Tampere is quite south so the northern light are usually quite pale but if you are lucky you can see them sometimes. Dark winter nights are the best times. You can find more info from: http://www.tampereenursa.fi/?page=%7...8487D447213%7D (click --Briefly in English... )

    In Tampere is one mosque (I posted before it´s contanct info to you):

    Yliopistonkatu 60 A,
    33100 TAMPERE
    +358 50 323 5594
    info(at)islamtampere.com

    They are also in Facebook (but unfortunately only by Finnish):

    https://www.facebook.com/Tampereen-i...4097486070687/

    From them you can ask more info about times and places where to pray.

    From the official site of city of Tampere you can find info where to go and visit but I am sure you will get information also from the university about the city.

    https://www.tampere.fi/en/index.html

    As I know, every people whose visit in there, like to visit in the observation tower called Näsinneula.

    When you travel, remember that winters are cold with a lot of snow (well, mostly). Be sure you have warm clothes with you. Warm wool socks are the must. Hyvää matkaa ja tervetuloa. (Have a nice travel and welcome.)

    Thank you.

    The wool socks is a good tip! Never experienced winter before.

    WhatsApp Image 2017-09-27 at 9.48.00 PM.jpg

    How is the travelling around the city like?
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  4. #23
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Traveling by city bus is cheap and easy. More info from:

    http://www.opiskelijantampere.fi/en/public-transport-2/

    You´ll get more info from your university about how to get student´s card and student´s certificates.
    | Likes Cptn._.Mario liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  5. #24
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Traveling by city bus is cheap and easy. More info from:

    http://www.opiskelijantampere.fi/en/public-transport-2/

    You´ll get more info from your university about how to get student´s card and student´s certificates.
    Thank you.
    My uni is in TMP but the flight lands in Helsinki.
    I searched on the onnibus for travel from HEL to TMP.

    Under HEL, there's many locations. Which one should I choose which is closest to the airport?
    I know the TMP uni is in Hervanta.

    Thanks!

    hel.PNG
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #25
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    At the first you have to travel from the Helsinki airport to Helsinki (Kamppi) central bus station (It is a center of the city.) by bus and from that central bus station you can travel to Tampere.

    Finnair City Bus goes every 10 minutes to the Central Railways Station which is not far from the Kamppi Bus Station.

    https://www.pohjolanliikenne.fi/cs/pl/en/fcb_timetable

    I think that brother @Futuwwa might know better about those bus routes than I. It´s decades ago when I at the last times have traveled by bus in Helsinki.
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  8. #26
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    192
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1364
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    225

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    If you stay in Inari where that video was from, there isn´t daylight at all at this time of the year. The polar night is about 50 days. However, at the mid summer there isn´t nights at all and this makes fasting quite impossible if using the local times. The polar day is normally for 74 days.

    Naturally Muslims whose live so up north can´t use the local times for the fasting.
    Went to the very north of Norway two winters ago. On this particular day it was 40 below. Local tour guide (a lass) said: 'We love it when the spring comes. That's when we unwrap the kids to see who they belong to!'
    | Likes sister herb, Cptn._.Mario liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  9. #27
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    At the first you have to travel from the Helsinki airport to Helsinki (Kamppi) central bus station (It is a center of the city.) by bus and from that central bus station you can travel to Tampere.

    Finnair City Bus goes every 10 minutes to the Central Railways Station which is not far from the Kamppi Bus Station.

    https://www.pohjolanliikenne.fi/cs/pl/en/fcb_timetable

    I think that brother @Futuwwa might know better about those bus routes than I. It´s decades ago when I at the last times have traveled by bus in Helsinki.

    Ok thank you!
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  10. #28
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    At the first you have to travel from the Helsinki airport to Helsinki (Kamppi) central bus station (It is a center of the city.) by bus and from that central bus station you can travel to Tampere.

    Finnair City Bus goes every 10 minutes to the Central Railways Station which is not far from the Kamppi Bus Station.

    https://www.pohjolanliikenne.fi/cs/pl/en/fcb_timetable

    I think that brother @Futuwwa might know better about those bus routes than I. It´s decades ago when I at the last times have traveled by bus in Helsinki.
    Gonna bother you with another question

    Is it easy to find halal frozen foods in supermarkets? Is there a logo saying the product is halal or kosher like they have in other countries?
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  11. #29
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    From normal supermarkets you don´t find much halal products but you can check nearest markets and ask if they have halal meat, frozen or fresh. And yes, halal products have logo to tell they are halal. In Tampere is 2 special markets where you can find halal foods (Alanya Market, Puutarhakatu 14 and East Asian Mart, Tullikatu 6). You can also contact to mosque and ask if someone can help you to find suitable foods. Muslims in Tampere are very helpful.
    | Likes noraina, Cptn._.Mario, Grandad liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #30
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Thanks again! Sorry for not creating a separate thread and for hijacking your one
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  14. #31
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    No problem about hijacking. I am happy if I can help you, even a little. May Allah makes your stay in here easy.
    | Likes Cptn._.Mario, MuslimInshallah liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  15. #32
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,212
    Threads
    402
    Reputation
    2219
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    463
    Likes (Received)
    318

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    wow! that's amazing and beautiful! thanks for the share @sister herb !
    | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post

  16. #33
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    No problem about hijacking. I am happy if I can help you, even a little. May Allah makes your stay in here easy.
    Ameen, Jazakallah khair
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  17. #34
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    What came to my mind; as you might need photos about yourself to the student cards, it may be easier to you if you have them already before you leave your home. I mean similar photos which are needed for the passports.
    | Likes Cptn._.Mario liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #35
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    What came to my mind; as you might need photos about yourself to the student cards, it may be easier to you if you have them already before you leave your home. I mean similar photos which are needed for the passports.
    Great tip! Might also be handy when creating a bank acc / sim card
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  20. #36
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    http://aurorasnow.fmi.fi/public_service/

    Auroras Now! is a space weather service maintaining by Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI) to help watching auroras in Finland.
    The service includes auroral monitoring with the all-sky cameras and magnetic field alarm systems for Northern and Southern Finland separately.
    | Likes Zeal liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  21. #37
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    595
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    2087
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    331

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    I am definitely living in the wrong country.
    That is so beautiful.


  22. #38
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Assalamu alaikum,

    Is anyone living in tampere currently? I googled mosques in tampere and one mosque showed up which is very near to where I'll be staying. I am so happy. But I can't find any details about the mosque except for it's location. Can anyone verify if it exists?

    Jazakallah Khair

    Hervanta Mosque


    Address: Opettajanraitti 4, 33720 Tampere, Finland

    mosqie.jpg

    I'm emailing the islam tampere society in the top post as well.


    Update: They mentioned there's a mosque there. Alhamdulillah

    Last edited by Cptn._.Mario; 10-19-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    | Likes *charisma* liked this post
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  23. #39
    Cptn._.Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    SG
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    185
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    705
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    From normal supermarkets you don´t find much halal products but you can check nearest markets and ask if they have halal meat, frozen or fresh. And yes, halal products have logo to tell they are halal. In Tampere is 2 special markets where you can find halal foods (Alanya Market, Puutarhakatu 14 and East Asian Mart, Tullikatu 6). You can also contact to mosque and ask if someone can help you to find suitable foods. Muslims in Tampere are very helpful.
    Assalamu alaikum,

    do you have any pictures of the halal logos? I can't seem to find it in google. thanks again!!
    Finland: Northern Lights

    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic for awesome rewards insha Allah! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

    CLICK HERE!!!

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #40
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,177
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55883
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    6170
    Likes (Received)
    7304

    Re: Finland: Northern Lights

    Majority of halal products you find from shops are imported so they might be what ever logos. In Finland seems to be at the least one Finnish food producer which has halal products (but I don´t know how widely they sell them).

    For example halal salami:



    (producer: Kylmänen Food Oy)
    Finland: Northern Lights

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.





  26. Hide
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Hey there! Finland: Northern Lights Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Finland: Northern Lights
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Wonderful Finland
    By sister herb in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
  2. Is it okay to pray with the lights off?
    By RadiantSky in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 05:50 PM
  3. Pakistan’s Northern Iraq
    By divine_quran in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 08:50 AM
  4. Lights Went Off During A Major Surgery
    By Yanal in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create