× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #1
    Array Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59

    Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made (OP)


    Salaam

    Another update on the situation in Yemen

    Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made!

    Yemen is a country that has been ravaged by war and is on the brink of famine. Two years of horrific conflict has killed more than 10,000 people, wounded 45,000 others, and displaced more than 11 percent of the country’s 26 million people.

    Yemen is now facing the worst cholera outbreak in the world, according to international health authorities.

    The outbreak has surpassed 200,000 cases, and that number is growing by 5,000 a day.

    “In just two months, cholera has spread to almost every (part) of this war-torn country”, said World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Margaret Chan and UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake in a joint statement.

    More than 1,300 people have already died — one quarter of them children and the death toll is expected to rise.

    Cholera is caused by ingesting food or water contaminated with the bacterium Vibrio cholerae. If left untreated, it can cause severe dehydration and eventual death.

    Cholera is preventable and easily treatable with the proper resources, said Kurt Tjossem, the International Rescue Committee’s regional director for East Africa and the Horn. In Yemen, however, the collapsing infrastructure has cut off an estimated 14.5 million people — about half the country’s population from regular access to clean water, increasing the likelihood for the disease to spread.

    The crisis is “man-made,” said Stephen O’Brien, the U.N. under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator, in a statement last week. For the past two years, Yemen has been embroiled in a civil war between Houthi rebels from the north of the country and a coalition of Arab states, led by Saudi Arabia and supported by the United States.

    “The cholera epidemic is in part due to the bombing of the water supply in Sana’a”, Senator Chris Murphy, D-Conn said. “There is a U.S. imprint on every civilian death inside Yemen.”

    The problem in Yemen is even worse considering the ever-widening issue of food insecurity and malnutrition, where 2.2 million children suffer from acute malnutrition.

    When malnutrition rises, the immunity of children falls, which makes them more susceptible to diseases like cholera.

    Yemen’s economy is crumbling and health care workers continue to work without any pay. According to UNICEF and WHO, an estimated 30,000 local health workers have not been paid their salaries for nearly 10 months.

    Almost half the country’s medical facilities have been destroyed. A Yemeni child dies every 10 minutes from the combined effects of hunger and lack of medical facilities.

    Yemen has been torn to pieces. The war which is Saudi led and driven by the US ambitions, has left millions of people at the mercy of deadly diseases like Cholera. Poverty has cursed the population where mothers hold their dying children helpless, not knowing where their next portion of food and water will come from.

    Saudi led forces have targeted farms, food facilities, water infrastructure, marketplaces, and even the port of Hudaidah, where most of the humanitarian aid was entering the country. Further crimes include of the Saud is the bombing of a funeral procession in October 2016 that resulted in 150 causalities.

    However Trump clinched an enormous $110bn deal during his trip to the kingdom in May, which will be used to bomb and murder more people in Yemen. The Saud family promised Trump that their military would undergo rigorous US training to reduce civilian casualties, signing a $750m training program.

    The treacherous royal family went further still and agreed that US advisers would sit in their air operations control centre.

    It is a damning indictment on the Saudi Kingdom that it has inflicted terrible pain on the Muslims of Yemen and then boasts to the Muslim world that they are the ‘Custodians of the Two Holy Mosques’. The Saud regime are only Custodians to America. Treachery is in their bloodstream and programmed in their DNA, from the days when Ibn Saud was handed Makkah and Medinah by British colonial forces. Just like the Saud family obeyed Britain in the past, they now obey in servitude the USA.

    There is only one solution to Yemen and that is to challenge the colonial agenda of the West in that land via the reestablishment of the Khilafah Rashidah.

    Since the destruction of the Khilafah, the entire Arab world has been plagued with rulers that are the most evil and deceitful in Islamic history. These rulers support the bombing of Muslim countries like Yemen and pay no heed to the spread of diseases like Cholera, that cause terrible suffering to the people. Only when the rulers of the Arab world are removed and the Ummah has a just leader that applies the Ruling of Allah, will all people gain protection from the malicious design of brutal vultures.

    http://www.hizb.org.uk/news-comment/yemen-cholera-epidemic-us-saudi-made/

  2. #61
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Report bad ads?

    Salaam

    Another update


  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #62
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    303
    Threads
    53
    Reputation
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    69

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by Junon View Post
    Salaam

    Another update

    This is a total load of Iranian garbage to take attention away from their disgusting and vile crimes in Iraq and Syria that only rival that of the Quraysh Mushrikin that abused the Prophet (SAAWS) and them playing the victim card is not only ironic but wrong on so many levels they have no right on this Earth to claim their failed Houthi proxy as the victims when they fire missiles at our innocent Muslim brothers and sisters in KSA they fire their missiles with zero regard for who they hit and claim it is "retaliation" when it is their Rafidi Mushrik forces that brought this war on themselves, they chose to fight Iran's war in the Arabian Peninsula and Yemen.

    The Rafidi plot against the Muslims of Iraq and Syria may have "worked" but Allah would never allow the lands of al Haramain and Yemen to fall into their filthy hands this is why the Arabian Peninsula remains firmly under the control of the people of Sunnah and not the Rafidi Mushrikin or the Bidah of the Jahils of later generations, and all praise is due to Allah for every blow Saudi Arabia and the Yemeni military deal to the Houthis and all praise is due to Allah for every Houthi Mushrik sent to hell.

    So don't bother to bore us with the "cholera epidemic" sob story while Iran and Hezbulshaytan continue to do their crimes in Iraq and Syria, do you have any idea how many women (your sisters in Deen) have been raped by these Majoosi dogs? Do you have any idea how many children have been murdered for no reason other than being Muslims? Do you have any idea how many innocent men and women (our brothers and sisters) have been imprisoned by these dogs? Do you have any idea how many Muslims in Iran have been arrested and executed for remaining firm on the path of Tawhid, do you have any idea how many Masjids have been leveled on the orders of Khamenei in Iran?

    These Houthi dogs deserve nothing but the worst and nothing but horrors for fighting to expand the Safawi-Majoosi project

    - - - Updated - - -



    الله أكبر

    الموت لإيران
    الموت لحزب الشيطان
    لعنة على الرافضة

    النصر للإسلام


    Last edited by JustTime; 07-14-2018 at 03:14 AM.

  5. #63
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    How convenient

    Saudi King absolves troops of any future accountability for their conduct in Yemen war

    A royal decree by Saudi King Salman has ‘pre-exonerated’ all troops fighting in Yemen from any accountability issues they may face over their conduct in the war, in which thousands of civilians have been killed and wounded.

    A statement announcing the early pardon, released by Saudi Arabia's state news agency SPA, said the pardon extends to “all military men across the armed forces” taking part in Operation Restoring Hope, citing the official codename of the Riyadh-led invasion of Yemen.

    The royal decree was issued following “reports submitted” by crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom’s sitting defense minister.

    It exonerates troops involved in hostilities from “their respective military and disciplinary penalties, in regard of some rules and disciplines.” The statement issued by the SPA wasn’t specific as to any particular crimes, but said the move was to show appreciation for the "heroics and sacrifices" of the soldiers.

    The coalition led by the Saudi Arabia has been waging a military campaign against the Iran-backed Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen since March 2015, in an attempt to put the ousted Yemeni president back in power. Riyadh had formed an alliance of Arab states, and their offensive initially drove the Houthis out of swathes of land in the south, but then stalled. Houthis continue to hit the Arab troops, launching surprise attacks and employing guerilla tactics.

    Since the start of the Saudi-led campaign, the coalition has been repeatedly accused of killing dozens of civilians in its airstrikes but it rarely admitted responsibility for such incidents. Saudi-led forces have been repeatedly targeting civilian objects, with rights groups saying their rules of engagement amounted to war crimes. Last year, a Human Rights Watch official, Ahmed Benchemsi, told RT that 61 documented airstrikes, all conducted by the coalition, “may amount indeed to war crimes, that have killed nearly 900 civilians and have hit civilian areas, including markets, schools, hospitals and private homes.”

    Later last year, a massive report presented to the UN Security Council, concluded that in eight out of ten inquiries into Saudi bombings “the panel found no evidence that the airstrikes had targeted legitimate military objectives.” In all ten investigations, the panel said “it is almost certain that the coalition did not meet international humanitarian law requirements of proportionality and precautions in attack.”

    The persisting Yemen war, which entered its third year in 2018, has brought more than eight million people in the region’s poorest country to the brink of starvation. The worst humanitarian crisis in the world has seen almost two-thirds of the population struggle to provide food and basic amenities to their families.

    The campaign and Saudi-imposed blockade of the impoverished nation have contributed to a humanitarian crisis in Yemen, including a major outbreak of cholera and continued malnutrition of the population, the human rights organizations say. Still, major Western powers, inducing the US and the UK, have been contributing to the Saudi war effort by selling Riyadh weapons and providing the coalition air missions with refueling and targeting intelligence.

    https://www.rt.com/news/432907-saudi-pardon-soldiers-yemen/

  6. #64
    Futuwwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,218
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5363
    Rep Power
    49
    Likes (Given)
    24
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTime View Post
    So don't bother to bore us with the "cholera epidemic" sob story while Iran and Hezbulshaytan continue to do their crimes in Iraq and Syria, do you have any idea how many women (your sisters in Deen) have been raped by these Majoosi dogs? Do you have any idea how many children have been murdered for no reason other than being Muslims? Do you have any idea how many innocent men and women (our brothers and sisters) have been imprisoned by these dogs? Do you have any idea how many Muslims in Iran have been arrested and executed for remaining firm on the path of Tawhid, do you have any idea how many Masjids have been leveled on the orders of Khamenei in Iran?
    So when people in Yemen die from starvation and cholera, it's a "sob story", but when troops and allies of the Syrian government kill and rape, it's an outrage. Got it.
    1 | Likes Junon liked this post

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #65
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    303
    Threads
    53
    Reputation
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    69

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa View Post
    So when people in Yemen die from starvation and cholera, it's a "sob story", but when troops and allies of the Syrian government kill and rape, it's an outrage. Got it.
    Wallah these are lies fabricated by Iran and the Rafida

  9. #66
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,547
    Threads
    38
    Reputation
    5284
    Rep Power
    69
    Likes (Given)
    281
    Likes (Received)
    877

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    You mean people in Yemen dying from starvation and cholera is a lie of Iran??
    Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Amantu billahi wa malaikatihi wa kutubihi wa rusulihi wal-yawmil-akhiri wa bil-qadari khayrihi wa sharrihi minallahi taala wal-ba’thu ba’dal-mawti haqqun ashhadu an la ilaha illallah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu

  10. #67
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    303
    Threads
    53
    Reputation
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    69

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    You mean people in Yemen dying from starvation and cholera is a lie of Iran??
    Exageration more than anything

  11. #68
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,547
    Threads
    38
    Reputation
    5284
    Rep Power
    69
    Likes (Given)
    281
    Likes (Received)
    877

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTime View Post
    Exageration more than anything
    How can you exegerate death?
    Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Amantu billahi wa malaikatihi wa kutubihi wa rusulihi wal-yawmil-akhiri wa bil-qadari khayrihi wa sharrihi minallahi taala wal-ba’thu ba’dal-mawti haqqun ashhadu an la ilaha illallah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu

  12. #69
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    303
    Threads
    53
    Reputation
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    69

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    How can you exegerate death?
    Just ask any Shia about Umar Ibn Khattab (RA) then you will know everything about those lying Mushriks

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #70
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    You mean people in Yemen dying from starvation and cholera is a lie of Iran??
    Yes media can exaggerate but there is no doubt Saudis and their allies have brought much misery suffering and death to Yemen (one of the poorest countries on earth), there's plenty of evidence from multiple sources going back years.

    And if the Saudis hold the callous sectarian attitude displayed by JustTime in this thread then no wonder.
    Last edited by Junon; 07-27-2018 at 05:38 AM.

  15. #71
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Another update, a historical perspective.

    Yemen war: The latest chapter in Western efforts to crush independence
    #YemenWar

    For decades, Yemen has rarely been left alone, with anything other than total subordination to global capital met with aggressive hostility from the West


    Last month, the long-dreaded invasion of the port city of Hodeidah finally began. Although there is now a “pause” in fighting as UN envoy Martin Griffiths attempts to persuade the Houthis to give up the port, this is unlikely to last.

    The ceasefire probably came about because the western-backed coalition needed time to lick its wounds amid ferocious resistance, which saw an Emirati ship destroyed and missiles hitting Riyadh for the first time. However, the coalition's western backers will no doubt demand that it fights on after determining a propaganda mechanism for blaming everything on the Houthis.

    In a country dependent on imports for 90 percent of its food, fuel and medicine, Hodeidah is Yemen's lifeline, through which 70 percent of the country's supplies arrive. The battle now underway will likely knock out its capacity for months, potentially tipping Yemen into all-out famine. Already, one child starves to death every 10 minutes, in the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

    Strategic objective

    Why is this happening? Why is the world - not only the 10-member coalition led by Saudi Arabia and the UAE, but also the US, Britain, France and others - so willing to sacrifice the lives of potentially millions of men, women and children, to help the Saudis prevail over their impoverished southern neighbour?

    The truth is that this war has but one overarching strategic objective: to prevent an independent Yemen at all costs.

    A century ago, as the First World War neared its indecisive conclusion, the port city of Hodeidah was subjected to another naval blockade. Then, like now, the belligerent powers were Britain and the al-Saud family.

    While British troops besieged and ultimately occupied the city, forces loyal to Ibn Saud embarked on an orgy of violence, conducting pogroms that would scar popular attitudes towards Britain and the Sauds for generations. Once again, the motive was to strangle an independent movement that had taken root in Yemen.

    Back then, Britain's main rival for control of southern Arabia after the fall of the Ottomans was Imam Yahya, a powerful Zaidi ruler who had taken on his rivals and established his authority across the region that came to be known as North Yemen. He proved himself an adept thorn in the side of the British for years to come.

    His insubordination marked the start of a century-long history of Yemeni resistance to western diktat, a story that is the subject of a masterful new study by historian Isa Blumi titled Destroying Yemen: What Chaos in Arabia Tells Us About the World.

    Blumi's work provides an invaluable service to those seeking to understand the current war on Yemen in its historical context, explaining the attack currently underway as part of an effort to thwart Yemeni independence that has been ongoing for at least a century.

    ‘Balancing’ the great powers

    Yemen has always posed a particular problem for empire, as, historically, its paramount position at the hub of the Afro-Asian trading system - the precursor to today’s global economy - gave it an unrivalled strategic importance.

    By the time Imam Yahya came to power in 1904, he was able to unify the most powerful families and networks under his leadership, in a way that made the young kingdom a formidable entity for the British empire to contend with.

    For a start, he refused to recognise British sovereignty over Aden, and worked hard to "balance" other great power suitors - such as Italy and the US - against Britain, without allowing himself to become anyone's vassal. For Blumi, Yahya is an early master of what became the Third World's Cold War strategy par excellence - playing rival great powers against one another.

    This soon succeeded in gaining diplomatic recognition - along with arms - from Italy, helping Yahya to unify North and Middle Yemen, and to challenge the British-approved annexation of Yemen's Asir by the Saudis. This defiance won Yahya new swaths of support from those under the jackboot of Saudi rule, including from former sworn rivals the Idrisis, and ultimately scared the British into ceding much of the Red Sea coast to the Yemeni kingdom, breaking their attempt to isolate it from the rest of the world.

    After the Second World War, Yahya was again able to marshal inter-imperialist rivalries to his advantage, this time between Britain and the US. Again, he was able to do so without compromising his independence; he gained much-sought diplomatic recognition from the US in 1946 - much to the horror of the British - but denied them any actual diplomatic presence in the country until 1959.

    Playing rival imperialists against each other


    In the meantime, his son Abdullah - representing Yemen at the 1947 world trade conference in Havana - also demonstrated that Yemen was no pushover, grilling his US handler for more than an hour about the "trade charter" they were pressuring him to sign.

    Foreshadowing the anti-globalisation movement of a half-century later, Abdullah articulated "an apprehension that signing such agreements seemed to favor big industrial powers like the USA while punishing small countries like Yemen who would have to lower tariffs and undermine their workers' ability to negotiate salaries abroad”, and insisted he would have to take the details back to Yemen for consultation before agreeing to anything, Blumi noted.

    Although Yahya was ultimately assassinated in a coup in 1948, the power base he had knitted together refused to recognise his deposers, and soon afterwards, his son Ahmad stormed to power. Ahmad continued his father’s strategy of playing rival imperialists against one another to secure Yemen’s independence from empire.

    This independence allowed him to use Yemen's considerable strategic leverage to support not only Palestine and the South Yemeni anti-colonial forces, but also Gamal Abdel Nasser’s revolution in Egypt and the resulting short-lived United Arab Republic (UAR).

    At the same time, while making hard bargains with the US, he developed relations with the Communist bloc, signing a trade treaty with the Soviets in 1956. Blumi noted: “With open arms, Imam Ahmad welcomed the Soviet Union and its allies, who all participated in an impressive period of ‘development’ for North Yemen”, providing massive ports, military training and weapons, a sophisticated civilian transport infrastructure, and, in the case of China, major road construction projects that brought tens of thousands of jobs to Yemenis.

    "For a critically located, potentially mineral rich country, this 'neutrality' constituted a major defeat for empire," Blumi said. "Perhaps the most humiliating aspect for the engineers of the US branch of this globalist empire, however, was the fact that they had to ingratiate themselves to [Ahmad’s] regime … white men in crew cuts and a history of bossing around Third World leaders did not take kindly to being told in no uncertain terms NO."

    Strings attached


    Unfortunately, however, Ahmad's Yemen and Nasser's Egypt, which had by 1955 "become joined at the hip", fell out in 1961. The resulting seizure of power by Nasserists in Yemen following Ahmad’s death in 1962 triggered an Egyptian intervention to shore up the new government in what was, at least in part, an attempt to boost its flagging revolutionary credentials.

    Initially, the coup was welcomed by both the US and Saudi Arabia, who had long sought to rid themselves of this troublesome imamate. But for Britain, still licking its Nasser-imposed wounds after the Suez crisis, Egypt’s intervention - and especially its establishment of a National Liberation Front in Yemen - was "a sign that London's worst strategic nightmare was unfolding in Aden's neighbourhood".

    This could not be tolerated, and Britain seized the chance to finally bring its erstwhile worst enemy to heel by offering the new imam support, with strings attached.

    The Egyptian occupation offered Britain and Saudi Arabia leverage with the imamate, by backing it against Egypt; in Blumi's words, it gave them "a chance to secure influence over a previously inaccessible political theatre", ultimately pushing the new imam into the hands of the British and the Sauds.

    Since then, the country has rarely been left alone for long, with anything other than total subordination to global capital met with aggressive hostility from the West. To this end, empire has used the Saudis, sectarian militias, International Monetary Fund austerity and liberalisation, and - as we are witnessing today - outright war. Yet, time after time, they have failed to achieve their goals.

    This time will be no different. For, in Blumi's words: "As the coalition of more than ten nations fighting this war on behalf of empire already discovered, Yemenis will bend but not break, and more still, Yemenis will prove to be the deadliest, unflagging enemy empire has ever known.

    "And because Yemenis just will not succumb, this war will one day be the point to which empire forever changes and Saudi Arabia itself will disappear. For this, we owe it to Yemenis to honor the sacrifice of tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands who will die to save us from what is, in the end, our empire."

    http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/confronting-threat-independent-yemen-121085297

  16. #72
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    303
    Threads
    53
    Reputation
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    69

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Quote Originally Posted by Junon View Post
    Salaam



    Yes media can exaggerate but there is no doubt Saudis and their allies have brought much misery suffering and death to Yemen (one of the poorest countries on earth), there's plenty of evidence from multiple sources going back years.

    And if the Saudis hold the callous sectarian attitude displayed by JustTime in this thread then no wonder.
    Yet again this is total garbage, this is how Iran wants people to think they like to act like victims so they can continue to produce more pawns for vindictive polytheism.

    The Rafida, Mujriah, Madkhalis, and Khawarij are all the two sides of the same coins and are children and offshoots of one another therefore one can see their evil traits crossing from one to another.

    Case in point with the Khawarij and Rafida they both curse the Sahaba and attack the Muslims, while the Khawarij are at least monotheists and conisdered Muslim despite their deviance, no such case is found with the Rafida, yet they have the same origins based eniterly in hatred for the Muslims.

    The Houthi group is a group of Murtad Mushrikin Rafidis, even the Zaydis of Yemen who they claim to be from reject them. The Houthis have the traits of the Khawarij and the beliefs of the Rafida of Iran and all the shirk that comes with it, they have left the fold of Islam and they have transgressed against the Muslims and have taken the disbelivers as allies including Mushrikin like North Korea and even the decendents of the Khawarij the deviant Ibadis of Oman and this is within itself a clear violation of the fold of Islam.

    They are part of the Neo-Safawi Majoosi project to destroy Islam from within by spreading their evil religion abroad by means of military force and proselytization missions such you can see this in Iraq and Sham, and of course in Yemen, even in Palestine they have established such a project they have various names but are all the same in Syria it's Liwa al- Baqir, an Arab tribe that became corrupted by the Majoos, in Lebanon they have "cultural" centers which are nothing more than outposts and a form of psuedo-occupation managed by Hezbulshaytan, in Palestine it's Harakat as-Sabireen such a beuatiful name for such an evil group that only causes fitna in Iraq they go by the name "Popular Mobilization Forces" and the Sahwat that ally with them, but the only thing popular about them is their fame among the Rafida, and now in Yemen they go by the name "Ansarullah" when in reality they only serve Shaytan.

    The Rafida have shown they have no restraint, they kept their province and took their twisted religion from Iran just as the Iranian constitution says in "exporting the revolution" to Iraq and when they won Iraq they expanded to Sham in Lebanon than Syria where they have shown their hostilites and their lack of humanity and definate lack of Islam and now in Yemen they have attempted but by the will of Allah failed and I ask Allah to cause them to fail in Palestine as well and everywhere they attempt to spread from Khorasan to Nigeria.

    Wallahi they are even attempting in Nigeria to expand by encouraging Nigerian Muslims to become Rafidia they have even managed to establish their temples and have funded an Ayatollah to spew their toxic religion in Nigeria, and even in Palestine they managed to convince some to leave Islam and now they have their hordes gathered along Jolan and are working very hard to corrupt the Palestinians and change Palestine from Ahlus Sunnah to Ahlu Shirk and if they are successful May Allah forbid we will never see Masjid al-Aqsa liberated in our lifetime, and if this treand continues the Muslims will truly be a minority in this world, because only God know who their next target is because they have gone uncheked and undefeated for so long before you know it even the people of the Maghreb and Masr will be chanting "Ya Zahra" and cursing the Sahaba, Wallah they know no limits and Allah hates those who exeede their limits. How can any Muslim support this brutal Theological and cultural colonization effort and attempts for demographic change?

    The Houthis have no rights under the Shariah of Allah (AWJ) and only deserve anhiliation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Junon View Post
    Salaam

    Another update, a historical perspective.

    Yemen war: The latest chapter in Western efforts to crush independence
    #YemenWar

    For decades, Yemen has rarely been left alone, with anything other than total subordination to global capital met with aggressive hostility from the West


    Last month, the long-dreaded invasion of the port city of Hodeidah finally began. Although there is now a “pause” in fighting as UN envoy Martin Griffiths attempts to persuade the Houthis to give up the port, this is unlikely to last.

    The ceasefire probably came about because the western-backed coalition needed time to lick its wounds amid ferocious resistance, which saw an Emirati ship destroyed and missiles hitting Riyadh for the first time. However, the coalition's western backers will no doubt demand that it fights on after determining a propaganda mechanism for blaming everything on the Houthis.

    In a country dependent on imports for 90 percent of its food, fuel and medicine, Hodeidah is Yemen's lifeline, through which 70 percent of the country's supplies arrive. The battle now underway will likely knock out its capacity for months, potentially tipping Yemen into all-out famine. Already, one child starves to death every 10 minutes, in the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

    Strategic objective

    Why is this happening? Why is the world - not only the 10-member coalition led by Saudi Arabia and the UAE, but also the US, Britain, France and others - so willing to sacrifice the lives of potentially millions of men, women and children, to help the Saudis prevail over their impoverished southern neighbour?

    The truth is that this war has but one overarching strategic objective: to prevent an independent Yemen at all costs.

    A century ago, as the First World War neared its indecisive conclusion, the port city of Hodeidah was subjected to another naval blockade. Then, like now, the belligerent powers were Britain and the al-Saud family.

    While British troops besieged and ultimately occupied the city, forces loyal to Ibn Saud embarked on an orgy of violence, conducting pogroms that would scar popular attitudes towards Britain and the Sauds for generations. Once again, the motive was to strangle an independent movement that had taken root in Yemen.

    Back then, Britain's main rival for control of southern Arabia after the fall of the Ottomans was Imam Yahya, a powerful Zaidi ruler who had taken on his rivals and established his authority across the region that came to be known as North Yemen. He proved himself an adept thorn in the side of the British for years to come.

    His insubordination marked the start of a century-long history of Yemeni resistance to western diktat, a story that is the subject of a masterful new study by historian Isa Blumi titled Destroying Yemen: What Chaos in Arabia Tells Us About the World.

    Blumi's work provides an invaluable service to those seeking to understand the current war on Yemen in its historical context, explaining the attack currently underway as part of an effort to thwart Yemeni independence that has been ongoing for at least a century.

    ‘Balancing’ the great powers

    Yemen has always posed a particular problem for empire, as, historically, its paramount position at the hub of the Afro-Asian trading system - the precursor to today’s global economy - gave it an unrivalled strategic importance.

    By the time Imam Yahya came to power in 1904, he was able to unify the most powerful families and networks under his leadership, in a way that made the young kingdom a formidable entity for the British empire to contend with.

    For a start, he refused to recognise British sovereignty over Aden, and worked hard to "balance" other great power suitors - such as Italy and the US - against Britain, without allowing himself to become anyone's vassal. For Blumi, Yahya is an early master of what became the Third World's Cold War strategy par excellence - playing rival great powers against one another.

    This soon succeeded in gaining diplomatic recognition - along with arms - from Italy, helping Yahya to unify North and Middle Yemen, and to challenge the British-approved annexation of Yemen's Asir by the Saudis. This defiance won Yahya new swaths of support from those under the jackboot of Saudi rule, including from former sworn rivals the Idrisis, and ultimately scared the British into ceding much of the Red Sea coast to the Yemeni kingdom, breaking their attempt to isolate it from the rest of the world.

    After the Second World War, Yahya was again able to marshal inter-imperialist rivalries to his advantage, this time between Britain and the US. Again, he was able to do so without compromising his independence; he gained much-sought diplomatic recognition from the US in 1946 - much to the horror of the British - but denied them any actual diplomatic presence in the country until 1959.

    Playing rival imperialists against each other


    In the meantime, his son Abdullah - representing Yemen at the 1947 world trade conference in Havana - also demonstrated that Yemen was no pushover, grilling his US handler for more than an hour about the "trade charter" they were pressuring him to sign.

    Foreshadowing the anti-globalisation movement of a half-century later, Abdullah articulated "an apprehension that signing such agreements seemed to favor big industrial powers like the USA while punishing small countries like Yemen who would have to lower tariffs and undermine their workers' ability to negotiate salaries abroad”, and insisted he would have to take the details back to Yemen for consultation before agreeing to anything, Blumi noted.

    Although Yahya was ultimately assassinated in a coup in 1948, the power base he had knitted together refused to recognise his deposers, and soon afterwards, his son Ahmad stormed to power. Ahmad continued his father’s strategy of playing rival imperialists against one another to secure Yemen’s independence from empire.

    This independence allowed him to use Yemen's considerable strategic leverage to support not only Palestine and the South Yemeni anti-colonial forces, but also Gamal Abdel Nasser’s revolution in Egypt and the resulting short-lived United Arab Republic (UAR).

    At the same time, while making hard bargains with the US, he developed relations with the Communist bloc, signing a trade treaty with the Soviets in 1956. Blumi noted: “With open arms, Imam Ahmad welcomed the Soviet Union and its allies, who all participated in an impressive period of ‘development’ for North Yemen”, providing massive ports, military training and weapons, a sophisticated civilian transport infrastructure, and, in the case of China, major road construction projects that brought tens of thousands of jobs to Yemenis.

    "For a critically located, potentially mineral rich country, this 'neutrality' constituted a major defeat for empire," Blumi said. "Perhaps the most humiliating aspect for the engineers of the US branch of this globalist empire, however, was the fact that they had to ingratiate themselves to [Ahmad’s] regime … white men in crew cuts and a history of bossing around Third World leaders did not take kindly to being told in no uncertain terms NO."

    Strings attached


    Unfortunately, however, Ahmad's Yemen and Nasser's Egypt, which had by 1955 "become joined at the hip", fell out in 1961. The resulting seizure of power by Nasserists in Yemen following Ahmad’s death in 1962 triggered an Egyptian intervention to shore up the new government in what was, at least in part, an attempt to boost its flagging revolutionary credentials.

    Initially, the coup was welcomed by both the US and Saudi Arabia, who had long sought to rid themselves of this troublesome imamate. But for Britain, still licking its Nasser-imposed wounds after the Suez crisis, Egypt’s intervention - and especially its establishment of a National Liberation Front in Yemen - was "a sign that London's worst strategic nightmare was unfolding in Aden's neighbourhood".

    This could not be tolerated, and Britain seized the chance to finally bring its erstwhile worst enemy to heel by offering the new imam support, with strings attached.

    The Egyptian occupation offered Britain and Saudi Arabia leverage with the imamate, by backing it against Egypt; in Blumi's words, it gave them "a chance to secure influence over a previously inaccessible political theatre", ultimately pushing the new imam into the hands of the British and the Sauds.

    Since then, the country has rarely been left alone for long, with anything other than total subordination to global capital met with aggressive hostility from the West. To this end, empire has used the Saudis, sectarian militias, International Monetary Fund austerity and liberalisation, and - as we are witnessing today - outright war. Yet, time after time, they have failed to achieve their goals.

    This time will be no different. For, in Blumi's words: "As the coalition of more than ten nations fighting this war on behalf of empire already discovered, Yemenis will bend but not break, and more still, Yemenis will prove to be the deadliest, unflagging enemy empire has ever known.

    "And because Yemenis just will not succumb, this war will one day be the point to which empire forever changes and Saudi Arabia itself will disappear. For this, we owe it to Yemenis to honor the sacrifice of tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands who will die to save us from what is, in the end, our empire."

    http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns...emen-121085297
    Another pathetic attempt to support the Houthis by enabling them to play the victim card of "Poor Yemen", Yemen was successful under the Imamate and at peace for though misguided ruled Islamically and maintained good relations with their neighbors and took the Muslims as allies, whereas who did the Nasserists take as allies? Atheist Communists and today the Houthis who do they take as allies? Mushrikin like Iran and North Korea Wallahi truly pathetic on behalf of yourself, Iran, and Middle East Eye, this leaves one to question who is Qatari leadership truly working for?

  17. #73
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Like to share. I think the 'one airtstrike away' is exaggerated but the situation is dire.

    Blurb


    The United Nations has warned that heavy fighting around Yemen's main port which is in the hands of the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels is just 'one airstrike away from an unstoppable' cholera epidemic

    The port city of al-Hodeida in the west - the main entry point for food and other supplies into the country - is under renewed attack by government forces backed by Saudi Arabian air power, trying to force Houthi rebels out of the area. The UN says there are 22 million people in Yemen who are are in need of humanitarian assistance, with more than 8 million facing starvation.



  18. #74
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Another update, insightful of the broader implications of the war.

    Blurb

    A Saudi-led airstrike has killed dozens in Yemen's port city of Hodeida amid UN warnings of another catastrophic cholera outbreak. Professor Isa Blumi of Stockholm University and author of "Destroying Yemen," discusses the motives and impact of the unrelenting US-backed assault



    Blurb

    A Saudi-led airstrike has killed dozens in Yemen's port city of Hodeida amid UN warnings of another catastrophic cholera outbreak. Professor Isa Blumi of Stockholm University and author of "Destroying Yemen," discusses the motives and impact of the unrelenting US-backed assault



    The British involvement








  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #75
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Another update

    Yemen suffers cultural vandalism during its war

    While Yemen's conflict has devastated its population, another parallel war has ravaged the country: a war on Yemen's historic cultural heritage.

    Along with millions suffering malnourishment and diseases such as cholera, with most of the population dependent on humanitarian aid, Yemenis are further dehumanised as a central part of their identity is destroyed.

    Historically located at a crossroads between Asia and Africa, Yemen has served as the centre of many dynasties, including the Sabaean Kingdom, and is thought to be the birthplace of the Biblical and Quranic Queen of Sheba. Its vast history has left behind countless unique archaeological wonders, which reflect Yemen's distinct culture.

    Yet as with the Islamic State group's deliberate destruction of Syrian monuments, cultural vandalism is also taking place in the Yemen conflict. In many cases, Yemen's sites are also deliberately targeted.

    At least sixty of Yemen's monuments have been damaged or destroyed since the Saudi-led coalition began its bombing campaign in March 2015, reported Lamya Khalidi, an archaeologist on Yemen at the CEPAM laboratory at the Université Côte d'Azur. Among these are unique archaeological monuments, old cities, mosques, churches, museums and tombs.

    Khalidi highlights that more than three-quarters of these sites had been destroyed by the Saudi-led coalition's bombing.

    "All armed groups have targeted historic sites one way or another since March 2015. However, the most blatant and systematic of them is without any doubt, the Saudi coalition, and they are the ones who have made the most irreparable damage in Yemen," she told The New Arab.

    She added that, while IS and Al Qaeda had targeted historic sites, their damage was insignificant compared with what the coalition has done.

    Despite UNESCO notifying the coalition of historic locations to avoid, it has not noticeably taken measures to prevent damage in its airstrikes.

    As soon as the war commenced, the erasing of the country's history began. The first casualty from March 2015 was Sanaa's Old City, one of Yemen's three UNESCO heritage sites. More than 3,000 years old and filled with countless ancient homes, mosques and other historic buildings, much of its architecture was shattered by Saudi bombs. Among the rubble was the prominent Qubbat al-Mahdi mosque.

    Soon after, Marib, the ancient capital of the Sabaean Kingdom and a major centre of religious and cultural development in the 8th century BCE, came under fire. It held the largest built dam in antiquity, mentioned in the Old Testament and the Quran. Marib's Dam has been heavily damaged by coalition bombing, as has its Old City and Awwam Temple.

    Then there is Baraqish, another archaeological city repeatedly targeted throughout the war, damaging its ancient structures. The Temple of Nakrah, from the 4th century BCE has been mostly destroyed by coalition bombing, along with the ruins of Sirwah, another archaeological site, which has faced extensive damage - including its main tower.

    Shibam, famous for its mudbrick-made high-rise buildings and capital of the Hadramawt kingdom, known as "the Manhattan of the Desert", has also been defaced.

    Khalidi said that Saudi Arabia's role in causing Yemen's humanitarian crisis indicates it would have no concern for Yemeni heritage.

    "If you add to that their glowing record of hitting civilians during weddings, funerals, in schools, marketplaces, in buses and fisherman in boats, to name a few, there is little doubt that there is a total disregard by Saudi Arabia and its coalition for human life, for international law, or for World Heritage, let alone precautionary measures," added Khalidi.

    Taiz, a southwestern city in Yemen which, like Sanaa, has many historic buildings, has been hit hard from fighting between pro-Hadi forces, Houthis and Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). Its Al-Qahira castle has been damaged, along with other structures.

    Abdulkader, a Yemeni from Taiz, told The New Arab that all warring sides should bear responsibility for destroying Yemen's precious architecture, which is important to Yemenis.

    "Both Houthis and extreme Salafists have an issue with ancient holy shrines that do not conform with their twisted interpretation of religion," he said.

    "Taking people's heritage from them is taking their identity, personality and character from them. We love our monuments, shrines and heritage. I almost cry when I hear about this aggression against our heritage."

    He reported that the Houthis had repeatedly shelled mosques in Taiz.

    Meanwhile other historic locations are still under threat, such as the UNESCO World Heritage site at Zabid. A gem of early Islamic history, Zabid holds the highest concentration of mosques in Yemen, and was its capital in the 13th and 15th centuries. No reports of significant damage have yet emerged, but the International Committee for the Red Cross (ICRC) and UNESCO have warned that warring parties risk damaging the city.

    As Zabid is under Houthi control, it could also come under fire from the coalition - which opposes the Houthi rebels.

    "Cultural heritage is among the victims of this prolonged conflict," said Anna Paolini of UNESCO.

    "The peculiarity of Yemen is that most villages and cities retained their traditional historic vernacular architecture. Yet the risk of damages to this heritage during the conflict is very high, and while it continues, heritage is at high risk," she added.

    To prevent further damage to Yemen's cultural heritage, Yemeni factions must negotiate an end to the conflict, and international backers to warring parties must end their support. While it continues, foreign historians and archaeologists are prevented from carrying out important work on these sites.

    Preserving and restoring Yemen's historic sites will prove a challenge to the government, as the fractured state struggles to provide a basic healthcare, education and security infrastructure.

    UNESCO has, said Paolini, pledged to assess the damage and to restore Yemen's World Heritage properties.

    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/indepth/2018/3/26/yemen-suffers-cultural-vandalism-during-its-war

  21. #76
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Last edited by Junon; 08-12-2018 at 09:41 PM.

  22. #77
    magok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    outland
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    riiiiiight

  23. #78
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Background information on the Yemen conflict.

    Blurb

    Yemen is a disaster. But we never hear about it.



    Blurb

    A quick jog through 500 years of Yemen's history makes it clear that while the United States is responsible for a lot of problems, Yemen's Disaster isn't entirely our fault.



    Blurb

    More than any other individual, Ali Abdullah Saleh is responsible for Yemen's Disaster. This video covers the beginning of Saleh's decades of rule and misrule, covering Yemen's history from 1970 to 2001.



    More later

  24. #79
    Junon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,359
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    5130
    Rep Power
    59
    Likes (Given)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Re: Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made

    Salaam

    Another update.



    Blurb


    Why is SAUDI ARABIA in YEMEN? Yemen has been locked in a conflict that has killed over 10,000 people and pushed millions to the brink of starvation. Save The Children estimated at least 50,000 children died in 2017, an average of 130 every day. In August 2018, 40 children amongst 51 civilians were killed during a Saudi Airstrike on a school bus in North-western Yemen.

    The situation in Yemen is tragic and may well be one of the worst humanitarian crisis in 50 years. According to a United Nations report, the Saudi-led coalition was responsible for more than half of children deaths and injuries in devastated Yemen last year. But what is so important to Saudi Arabia and it’s coalition that has justified such inhumanity.


    Last edited by Junon; 1 Week Ago at 10:09 PM.

  25. Hide
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
Hey there! Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Yemen Cholera epidemic is US and Saudi made
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. I made promises I shouldn't have made.
    By Islamforlife in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 05:34 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 01:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create