/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drug education

Helena
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
:sl:

:sister: At the moment am doing BA education studies, the module am stuck on is drug education!! I need sum help if possible??

How does islam forbid drugs(alcohol, smoking)?

How are muslim children taught about drug??(at home/madrasha)

If someone takes drug, how does islam help??

:happy: Hope someone can help me inshalah!!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
:sl: I have found a Fatwa mostly pertaining to "alcohol" however I hope this can be some sort of help since you are mainly searching for the Islamic law of drugs in general. I hope this can give you some sort of understanding (insh'Allah).

Alcoholic beverages, generally referred to by the Arabic word khamr, are forbidden by the consensus of the Muslims.

The evidence for its prohibition from the Qur’ân is Allah’s saying: “O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, sacrificing to stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork: eschew such (abomination) that ye may prosper.” [Sûrah al-Ma’idâh: 91-92].

There are many authentic hadîth from the Prophet (peace be upon him) in this regard. He said: “Every intoxicant is khamr and every form of khamr is unlawful”. He also said: “Wine is the mother of evil and impurity.”

If this drink contains an intoxicating substance, then it is unlawful for a person to drink any amount of it, even if he does not feel any intoxication after drinking it. Our Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is forbidden, and whatever intoxicates in large quantities, then a handful of it is unlawful” [Musnad Ahmad ( 23843), Sunan Abî Dâwûd (3202) and Sunan al-Tirmidhî (1789)]

It is narrated in the hadith of Ibn `Umar that the Prophet (peace be upon him said “In the course of wine, Allah has cursed it, the one who drinks it, the one who pours it for others to drink, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one who presses it, the one for whom it is pressed, the one who carries it, and the one for whom it is transported.”

It is justifiable that drinking wine should be a criminal offense. It is clearly a cause of great social mischief. Its harmful consequences are physical, moral and psychological which have far reaching and detrimental consequences for society at large. Therefore, Islamic Law has a prescribed punishment for drinking. The punishment is 80 lashes with a whip.

And Allah knows best.
Source:www.islamtoday.com

Duhaa
01-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I dont know if this is of any help but quite recently the teachers of all the local madrassahs in my town had a drugs awareness meeting where they were taught everything about drugs.
The teachers then taught the students about it or something along those lines.
They were also given this really good book with details of all the drugs from alcohol to cannabis to smoking and solvent sniffing which was interesting.
So basically all I'm saying is that they do teach it in madrassahs, well recently they have!

Helena
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Halima;149734]:sl: I have found a Fatwa mostly pertaining to "alcohol" however I hope this can be some sort of help since you are mainly searching for the Islamic law of drugs in general. I hope this can give you some sort of understanding (insh'Allah).

:sister: jazkallahu kairan sister, nw i can make a start on the essay inshalah!!:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Halima;149734]:sl: I have found a Fatwa mostly pertaining to "alcohol" however I hope this can be some sort of help since you are mainly searching for the Islamic law of drugs in general. I hope this can give you some sort of understanding (insh'Allah).

:sister: jazkallahu kairan sister, nw i can make a start on the essay inshalah!!:)

Tasneem
01-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Edited!

Tasneem
01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
[MAD]I am sooo sorry my five year old sister got a hold of my computer[/MAD]

- Qatada -
01-05-2006, 05:35 PM
:salamext:

this is a really good link about drugs in islam and their ruling:

http://www.inter-islam.org/Prohibitions/drugs.htm

:wasalamex

afriend
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Islam forbids anthing that harms the body which Allah has given us......the analogy, renting a car......

When we rent cars we must make sure that we don't damage it by doing things that ur not supposed to do with it. we must put fuel in the car to keep it going,we also need to clean it and make sure that it is running ok.

I wrote this because i think there were enuf Quraanic and Quoted Ahadeeth...so i put in a bit of logic to even things up a bit.

Takumi
01-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Drug is just a common term that describes a foreign chemical introduced to the body.

Are you talking about bad drugs like abusing morphine, crack cocaine etc?

(because paracetamol is a drug by definition).

dianputri
01-06-2006, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

:sister: At the moment am doing BA education studies, the module am stuck on is drug education!! I need sum help if possible??

How does islam forbid drugs(alcohol, smoking)?

How are muslim children taught about drug??(at home/madrasha)

If someone takes drug, how does islam help??

:happy: Hope someone can help me inshalah!!

islam already forbid alcohol, smoking, bad drugs, bad food, or everything which is cause desease, and death.
how great is islam!. cause islam can see which is good or bad.

I take madrasah for 6 years, my teachers didn't allow me to takes anything which is bad for us. they always suggest us to have good socialize especially with non moslem, and never interesting with sweetness western life or even just want to try those drugs.

in Indonesia there are islamic bording school special for drugs victim.
it's just not for conselling and recovery, but for approach to Allah SWT and Islam, and for learn about Islam and Al - Qur'an deeply.
most of them which has been recovery go home and has a brand new life and ethusiastic to go through life.........:)

Helena
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Drug is just a common term that describes a foreign chemical introduced to the body.

Are you talking about bad drugs like abusing morphine, crack cocaine etc?

(because paracetamol is a drug by definition).

Yes am talking about bad drugs aswell!! I want to have a rough idea how islam prohibits it!! And how are children helped against the drugs??

Have any solution???

Helena
01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
Islam forbids anthing that harms the body which Allah has given us......the analogy, renting a car......

When we rent cars we must make sure that we don't damage it by doing things that ur not supposed to do with it. we must put fuel in the car to keep it going,we also need to clean it and make sure that it is running ok.

I wrote this because i think there were enuf Quraanic and Quoted Ahadeeth...so i put in a bit of logic to even things up a bit.

Jazakallahu kairan!! I different way of xplaining drugs, inshalah i mite include that in my essay(3000 words) but in a different way!!:)

But is it possible to find a quranic verse inshalah??:;D

- Qatada -
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
:salamext:

Allah Ta’ala states in the Holy Qur’aan: -

O You who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Avoid (such abominations) that you may prosper. (5:90)

Allah Ta’ala has described intoxicants amongst other things as being appalling, despicable and hateful acts of Satan and he has commanded us to abstain from them, Allah thereafter states in the next verse: -

Satan’s plan is to sow hatred and enmity amongst you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hamper you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not give up? (5:91)

Sahih Muslim:

Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that a man came from Yemen and asked the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) about a wine made from corn called ‘Mizr’, which they drank, in their land. The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) asked, "Is it intoxicating?" He replied, "Yes" The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Every intoxicant is unlawful. Verily there is covenant upon Allah for one who drinks intoxicating drinks, that he will make him drink from ‘Teenatul Khabal,’ they asked, "O messenger of Allah, what is Teenatul Khabal?" He said, "The sweat of the inmates of hell or the pus (of impurities) of the inmates of hell." (Muslim)

These ayah/verses and hadith show that all sorts of 'intoxicants' are haraam, so if they make a person 'stoned' or 'high' - then they are haraam.

You can see more examples from this link like i said before insha Allaah:

http://www.inter-islam.org/Prohibitions/drugs.htm

This is a good fatwa aswell:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545310

if you need more info then please do ask insha Allaah.

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:wasalamex

Takumi
01-06-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

Yes am talking about bad drugs aswell!! I want to have a rough idea how islam prohibits it!! And how are children helped against the drugs??

Have any solution???

Thank you for the clarification.

Apart from what has been said here, maybe it'll be prudent for you introduce in your essay how Islam has covered its bases in terms of deciding the ruling of new items that may or may not harm the body.

Muslim jurists compiled a methodology called Al Qawaaid al Fiqhiyyah (The Methodology of Fiqh) based on proofs from Al Quran and Ahadeeth.

For example, the method: "Necessity will permit the impermissible". If there's a life threatening situation, then eating pork or anything that is considered impermissible under normal circumstances will be deemed permissible in order to survive. But such permissibility ends as soon as the circumstances change for the better.

This method is mainly derived from the Quranic verse "Allah wants easiness for you and He doesn't want for you difficulties" (Al Baqarah) [sorry will give you the # later]. Of course, the extrapolation of such rule is not THAT simple. Jurists also observe the pattern of prohibitions in Al Quran and the Sunnah.

So, in terms of drugs. Abuse of any kind is IMPERMISSIBLE. This is based on the wisdom of Islam itself. Islam came to protect 5 elements in human life. (Al Maqaasid as Sharee'ah)

(1) Life
(2) Religion
(3) Sanity
(4) Lineage
(5) Wealth

As you can see, to protect life is the #1 priority in Islam. In fact, the story of Ammar ibn Yaasir clearly illustrates this point.

This portion also signifies that drugs that are used other than their intended use, and have been shown to cause deleterious effects on the life, will be IMPERMISSIBLE. That includes excessive use of laxatives as part of an anorexia nervosa case, the abuse of amphetamine to get high. The rulings of these items are derived from such methods since there are no clear cut prohibition from the Quran and Sunnah that mention them by name. Hence, any drug by any name that comes in the future will be covered due to the expansiveness of this rule.

Children in public schools learn to say NO to drugs through state sponsored programs and in their classrooms when they take Hygiene as part of their Science curricullum. Sometimes school also hold Science Fair or exhibition where students are encouraged to display the bad effects of taking illegal drugs.

I hope I've shed some light into the matter.

Helena
01-06-2006, 06:00 PM

jazakallahu kairan for everybodies help!!:happy: :happy: :happy: I can make move with my essay inshalah avnt got that!!

czgibson
01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Greetings,

If you don't mind me asking, what is the title of your essay? It sounds like it covers some interesting issues.

Peace

Helena
01-06-2006, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

If you don't mind me asking, what is the title of your essay? It sounds like it covers some interesting issues.

Peace

the title is very general, am just including into it!! so i give a fair idea wot our religion states on this topic!!

The title is?

a 3,000 word covering the rationale for delivering drugs education in the 21st century, containing commentary on:

the place of drugs in our society, national strategy and school drugs policy, drug education aims and a drug education discussions

afriend
01-06-2006, 06:36 PM
wow big title lol.............Good luck on your essay sis...........Allah Guide us to the right path

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.