/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Only An Arabic Section Please!!!

afriend
01-06-2006, 11:47 AM
:sl:

I wud just like to say that having an Urdu section only is a bit unfair, so obviously people will come up with an idea to have a punjabi section, a hindi section, a bangla section.........by the time you know it there will be sooooo much nationalism and fitnah going on.......So I was thinking that we should only have an Arabic section.....As it is the Holy language, and it should be a source of knowledge only, e.g. For learners of the Arabic Language, a place of finding out meanings of certain words in the Quraan....

Please think about this..............

Jazaaks

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
01-06-2006, 12:01 PM
salama

i dont agree cuz its good to have many languages. we all can learn from each other.

we all muslims and i dont think its nationalism but i can see ur intention brotha

masalama

Halima
01-06-2006, 01:34 PM

If we only leave one language section - then it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the people.

If we create another language section- then everybody would want their own language to have a section.

get my point?

Angel
01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*thinking*

sad, but dont agree wid u.
there are enuf members here who want the urdu one,
n its not the same for any other language.
n......i dont see any any nationalism or fitnah.......though diff lang sections were already suggested :-\
salam wel im sure no one suggested french cuz i never saw a french section why's dat, isnt dere many french pple around here:? wel i speak french eveen though im not french but i speak french,so if dere other languages why not french huh:rant:

ps EID MUBARAK TO EVEY ONE AND MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY EID!!!!!!!!!!:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Takumi
01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I tend to agree with Fozley. Unless there are specific Islamic topics that cannot be understood by Urdu speaking members and they need those tenets to be explained in Urdu, there shouldn't be an Urdu section at all.

Aap, khabie khabie mujko samaj nehi aai! :(

Takumi
01-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Are you 100% sure of that? Look at the threads and tell me how many are actually used to LEARN the language? :okay:

afriend
01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
OK I think it's about time that this thread is closed....

BUT, there should be a language section for more languages, like a Bangla section, or Hindi, punjaabi, malay, french, and as many languages we want....

See what happens...........

:threadclo

afriend
01-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Well that wud b unfair cos Urdu and Arabic got their own sections...

I think leave Arabic as it is and put all the other languages in a 'Languages' section

Takumi
01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
just forget it man fozley. stop whining. live life.:okay:

afriend
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
just forget it man fozley. stop whining. live life.:okay:
Yeah true.......

Salaams

Musaafirah
01-16-2006, 05:51 PM
oooh..where'z the urdu section..i need to improve the limited urdu i DO know...
and loads of books on the arabic grammar are first translated to urdu..then english...well that seems to be the system in the madrasahs in England in any case..:D

The Ruler
01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
I think leave Arabic as it is and put all the other languages in a 'Languages' section
i think dat shud happen bcuz now that we can see ppl askin for gujrati n many other languages. it ud make life easier :)

afriend
02-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Yes sister, but it doesn't look like any changes are going to happen from what i see..........

I feel as though i have been blanked by the admins..........:hiding:

Halima
02-15-2006, 07:02 PM
No, you're still in consideration..lol

afriend
02-15-2006, 07:06 PM
hmmmm.......really?

i posted it a few weeks ago.........maybe admins missed it.......

But will somebody let us know when changes are going to happen on this thread inshallah?

Silver Pearl
02-15-2006, 07:39 PM
:wasalamex

I think it is about time that members put some consideration into what we request. Mods/admins only have a finite amount of time and moderating languages section no doubt will be asking for a lot.

I understand where Iqram is coming from and I think it is fair in the end. Arabic is the language in which the Qur’an was revealed in. People should only post topics which are beneficial in obtaining more understanding of the language and not indulge in idle chit chat.

To have an Urdu section will be unfair on other languages, not that it really bothers me really. However, to leave Urdu there and say no to Bengali, Spanish or whatever indicates a sense of double standard. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti-Urdu, it’s just that in order to stop this endless requesting if languages section removing the Urdu section is the only solution, I believe.

Ultimately it is up to the admins/mods to come to a solution.

afriend
02-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, Admins?

Come on please.......make a decision and publish it so we don't have anymore requests/carry on having requests for different language sections!!!!!

Please brothers Kadafi/Khaldun/Ansar Al Adl?

I am still waiting for a response.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Dont we have an arabic section? :confused:

snakelegs
02-19-2006, 10:40 AM
pleeeze! don't even consider making the urdu section go away! there seems to be plenty of interest in it. (besides mine)
learning a language is not promoting nationalism - all learning is worthwhile.

afriend
02-19-2006, 11:04 AM
yes, but what about the other languages?

What about them, it should only be fair to have a section for all languages.

Laaibah
02-19-2006, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

I wud just like to say that having an Urdu section only is a bit unfair, so obviously people will come up with an idea to have a punjabi section, a hindi section, a bangla section.........by the time you know it there will be sooooo much nationalism and fitnah going on.......So I was thinking that we should only have an Arabic section.....As it is the Holy language, and it should be a source of knowledge only, e.g. For learners of the Arabic Language, a place of finding out meanings of certain words in the Quraan....

Please think about this..............

Jazaaks

It's understandable what you mean brother:)
but there are so many of us interested in Urdu Section

I agree with your suggestion but I don't think it's ever gonna be possible to remove Urdu Section....

afriend
02-19-2006, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laaibah

I agree with your suggestion but I don't think it's ever gonna be possible to remove Urdu Section....
I'm not asking for it to get removed sister, just want a section where there can be languages, that way we can keep the Urdu section and have other languages, but something is being decided by the people at the top....

So inshallah.....U know whatever hapens........

snakelegs
02-19-2006, 07:26 PM
urdu has been spoken by millions of muslims for centuries and is often considered a "muslim language". it has lots of arabic and farsi words.
besides, it's cool.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.