/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Death Sentence

POBook
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57:
Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
What is the meaning of this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
POBook
01-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Sura 8:12
Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
What is the meaning of this?

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Hello POBook,
As for the second quote, it is a favorite for anti-islamists to quote out of context. It has been explained here:
http://www.load-islam.com/C/rebuttals/Misquoted/#16

As for the first quote, it is discussed in great detail in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...-apostasy.html

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.