/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic New Year -urgent topic-

samantha
01-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Islamic New Year Questionnaire

The following Questionnaire is divided into three main topics concerning the Islamic New Year. Please do the best to answer each question according you and using the best of your ability. Thank you for your participation, it will be greatly apricated.

Part 1-Explination

a. When does the Islamic New Year take Place?

b. Do follow the Islamic calendar? If so what is different in comparison to a Christian one?

c. Are you excited for the Event?

Part 2- Significance

a. Why is this Festival important to you as an Individual?

b. How is it important to the Islamic Community of (your city)?

c. Why is the New Year Important in general?

Part 3- Celebration

a. In your household, what are some common traditions you participate in during the Islamic New Year?

b. Is the New Year Celebrated in a special service?

c. How are your preparing for the New Year?

-Thank you for the time, you have completed the survey.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tasneem
01-08-2006, 08:56 PM
1.the islamic new year starts next month inshallah

2.Umar(r.a) made the islamic calender
the islamic calender is based upon the years after hijar
And the christian calender is based on when Jesus(A.S) died

3.Well,yeah,i guess im excited
Al-Hamdudillah,ALLAH has blessed me to live another year inshallah

4.look at #3 inshallah

5.The islamic community around were i am sees it as another year to do more good deeds inshallah

6.See #5 inshallah

7.Me and my family dont celebrate the new years because #1 its imitationg the kufr and #2 it is a bid'ah to do so.

8.See #7 inshallah

9.Well,im not doing nothing much
My goals inshallah are to do more acts of ibbadah inshallah etc

SaLaMz

Concealed Pearl
01-09-2006, 02:44 AM
1) the islamic new year takes place on the first of muharram. However, it is marked by the hijrah (migration) of the prophet from mecca to madina.
2) Yes I follow the Islamic calender for important religious events/ days, otherwise I normally consult the christian calendar since this is the one that is used here. If I lived in a muslim country, my use of it would be less.
3) excited? kinda...more like remorseful and worried because another year of sins passed by and I don't know if allah has forgiven me or accepted any of my good deeds
4) very important because it allows us to observe all the religious holidays, events, etc together and at the same time(mostly)
5) similar to #3
6) We make good food
7) no special service
8) by trying to make other muslims more aware of our new year to get involved and to spread the word, and to get prayers ready for the new year. And perhaps try to change into a new leaf- correct some of my wrongs or bad habits inshallah.
4) this festival is important because it marks another year of Islam being practiced, it helps us to remember the suffering and oppression that the prophet went through in order to practice islam, and it symbolizes a new year, which is a time of thanksgiving and joy since allah has blessed us with another year. But also sad like i mentioned earlier because one more year gone and closer to death.

sapphire
01-09-2006, 03:46 PM
same as whats been said!!!!for us its not a festival to celebrate without a care in the world....more like thanking Allah for giving us another year to live allhamdulllilah!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
samantha
01-09-2006, 07:09 PM
:sl: Thanks :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.