/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Delete button

Umm_Maysa
01-12-2006, 10:40 AM
:sl:
Sometimes when we post there is mistake and we don't want it to be post at all. How to delete them.I know the MOD can do that. Is there anyway to add delete button next to edit button???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
01-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Edite is a good botton...but, yes here comes a but...why can't we edite the tilte of threads... i make spelling mistakes etc at times

Muezzin
01-12-2006, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
to remove the post, the most u can do it is EDIT...
n put just a EDIT in tht.
when the mods find such posts, they delete it.

try not to get those more.......
Surely it'd be better to have a delete button though? It would save the mods a lot of time and just... looks nicer than having a big fat 'EDIT' message.

I've also seen other forums using VBulletin with delete buttons, so it's not impossible. :)

sapphire
01-12-2006, 05:47 PM
hupmh!!!^^ it be better if we could delete posts our selves...so much convinient......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
01-12-2006, 06:04 PM

Is there a particular reason why members cannot delete their posts? If so, please share. Alhamdulillah, I'm grateful for all the privileges we members already get to enjoy but don't members have as much right to delete their posts as they have to create them?

Neither the Chatroom nor the Urdu Section are really required, but their was sufficient demand for it to be created. Can we have a poll?

:w:

kadafi
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM

If members were able to delete their posts, it could affect the rest of the thread which will have a big impact on the ensuing discussion.

sapphire
01-12-2006, 07:21 PM
^^^true point.....its best not to delete our posts...because then if everyone deletes their posts the thread wont make sence.....jazakallah bro kadafi......

allhamdulliah we members have enough privileges.........

Muezzin
01-12-2006, 07:52 PM
But members won't delete their posts for no reason. I understand the need for all the posts to be visible in debates and things, but the other debators quote posts of the member they are debating with anyway, and thus their message is still visible -within the second member's quote - even if the original message has been deleted.

I don't really see deleting posts as a privelege so much as just common sense but that's just me :p

kadafi
01-16-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
But members won't delete their posts for no reason. I understand the need for all the posts to be visible in debates and things, but the other debators quote posts of the member they are debating with anyway, and thus their message is still visible -within the second member's quote - even if the original message has been deleted.

I don't really see deleting posts as a privelege so much as just common sense but that's just me :p

I have witnessed several incidents (on other forums) where members, who had a grievance with the staff of the forum, decided to delete all their posts as a sign of 'protest'.

So no, the delete function will not be enabled. Remember that you can report your own post[s] which should serve as an alternative to the delete function.

*charisma*
01-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

What if it was limited to certain sections...

like can we have it available for places such as the halal fun section, general section, gender sections..since usually discussions arent really as serious..

and keep them unaccessible from the comparative religion, basics of Islam..u know where the discussions can get fiesty and in depth since usually those posts are vital to the thread.

If thats possible to do lol..other than that i agree with just pming the mods for erasure of posts..and editing inshallah..

Fi aman Allah
w'salaam

afriend
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes....there needs to be a bit more control over our posts and threads.....I posted some things then I wanted to get rid of it completely so no 1 can see it....but it wasn't a complete delete, it can still b seen

~*~Serene~*~
01-16-2006, 10:06 PM
people shouldn't have the privilege of deleting their posts during conversational thread, because it does cause confusion.

but on other forums i have seen members being able to delete their post if it's at the very end of a thread. Is there a way that we can have that privilege?

And also i like jannah's suggestion about being able to edit our titles

afriend
01-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Hmmmm true........

kadafi
01-16-2006, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

What if it was limited to certain sections...

like can we have it available for places such as the halal fun section, general section, gender sections..since usually discussions arent really as serious..

Unfortunaley, that is not possible, if it was, I would have implemented it.

Sorry.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zulekha
but on other forums i have seen members being able to delete their post if it's at the very end of a thread.
Not possible in Vbulletin.

And also i like jannah's suggestion about being able to edit our titles
I have increased the time-limit for editing thread titles from 5 min to a day. That should give you enough time to spot any mistakes in your thread titles.

~*~Serene~*~
01-16-2006, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

I have increased the time-limit for editing thread titles from 5 min to a day. That should give you enough time to spot any mistakes in your thread titles.

cool thanks kadafi.

Hisbul_Aziz
01-17-2006, 02:41 AM
if some 1 starts a riot kick em out:offended::hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.