/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Graphic design question! anyone?

onemuslima
01-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Salam,
I really wanna know the difference between the career graphic design and Multimedia design?!? Does multimedia design include not only designs for media stuff but also illustrating design and magazine design? I would really appreciate it if u answered my question. the second thing does anyone know of a Free translation website that can translate texts from English to Arabic professionally!
Thanks
:okay:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
01-12-2006, 04:22 PM
i think multimedia design is general while graphic design is specific.

check this website

http://translate.sakhr.com/sakhr/elogin_ET.asp

masalama

Z
01-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Salaam.

The answer is in the name. Multi - lots of. Mutimedia designers do work on all levels. Whether that's screen, print, or editorial. However, nowadays graphic design is seen to be anything from making websites using Fireworks to a collateral in InDesign. Multimedia design is tend to be focused more on the web and video aspect.

I would simply put it as:

graphic design - anything in print
multimedia - anything on screen

onemuslima
01-13-2006, 05:01 PM
hey thanks alot!
salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
07-30-2006, 02:35 AM
infact, Multimedia is very dynamic compared to graphics... you tend to rely heavily on scripting, backends, creating application driven presentations such as director and flash..

graphics is pretty much restricted to photoshop andt aht sorta thing... and even now the bar has been raised, CG guys are expected to be proficient in things like studioViz/maya, compositing and that sorta thing, instead of only photoshop. and even thsoe fields have their fare share of scripting and coding requirements.

salams :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.