/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Some People Become Ugly?

DaSangarTalib
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
:sl:

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE BECOME UGLY? An Explanation by Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah

Have you ever wondered why so many people who were bright and beautiful as children, however, as they grew older their innocence and beauty eluded them? Well, wonder no more – Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) explains to us:

“The person who is righteous and honest, his honesty is manifest from the radiance on his face, and his honesty can be known from the glow that is on his face, likewise the (opposite for the) sinful one and the liar. The older a person gets, the more this sign becomes apparent. Thus a person as a child would have a bright face, however if he becomes a sinful person, adamant on committing sins, at the older stages in his life, an ugly face would manifest that which he used to internalise, and the opposite is also true. It has been narrated that Ibn Abbaas (radiyallaahu ‘anhu) said, ‘Indeed righteousness illuminates the heart, radiates the face, strengthens the body, increases provision, and produces a love in the hearts of the creation for that person. Whereas sinfulness darkens the heart, greys the face, weakens the body, and produces hatred in the hearts of the creation for that person.’

It is possible that a person may not intentionally lie; he may even be a person who makes great effort in ibaadah and has zuhd (abstains from pleasures of this life that are lawful). However he has false, incorrect ‘aqeedah regarding either Allaah, His deen or His Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) or His righteous servants. And what is on the inside affects what is on the outside. Thus, this false, incorrect ‘aqeedah that he thought was true and correct reflects on his face, and his face would be dark in accordance with the level of falsehood he possesses. As it has been narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Affaan (radiyallaahu ‘anhu) said, ‘No one ever hides evil within themselves except that Allaah makes it manifest from his facial outlook and the statements his tongues utters.’ Hence some of the salaf used to say, ‘If a person of innovation were to dye his beard every day, the dye of innovation would remain on his face.’ On the day of judgment this would be very clear as Allaah says,

“And on the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied against Allaah their faces will be black. Is there not in Hell an abode for the arrogant ones?” [Sooratuz-Zumar, 39:60]

He ta’ala also said, “On the Day when some faces will become white and some faces will become black; as for those whose faces will become dark (to them will be said): "Did you reject Faith after accepting it? Then taste the torment for rejecting Faith.” [Soorah Aali-Imraan, 3:106]

Ibn Abbaas and others have said regarding this verse, ‘The bright faces will be ahlus-sunnah, and dark faces will be the people of bid’ah and division.’” [‘Aj-jawaab as-saheeh’ (Vol.4, pg. 306-307) ]

MORAL = DONT SIN IF U WANNA BE BEAUTIFUL!! :okay:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nawal89
01-16-2006, 08:34 PM
I read that article before.. when i read it i was like subhanallah.. i never thought of it like that. It's so true though.

afriend
01-16-2006, 09:09 PM
That is true.........Jazaakallah 4 that, good post......It makes sense doesn't it?

bluff master
01-16-2006, 09:12 PM
In order to to become good looking is it permissbile in islam to have operation , like womans do breast enlargment and mens penis.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

"If you were to see a repenting person, you would see weary eyelids early in the morning asking for forgiveness and listening to Allaah's command: 'Repent to Allaah with a sincere repentance'. You would see that his diet is light and his grief heavy; his body weakened by fasting and his feet tired from prayers. He would be exausted both physically and spiritually" -Ibn al-Qayyim

for some reason it kind of reminded me of that hadith :)

Jazak Allah khair for the article ekhi

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

sapphire
01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
wow mashallah.have briefly heard this before....n its true subhanallah....

*charisma*
01-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Plastic surgery..well I believe that the article is implying those who are luminous from the inside it will show upon the from the outside and those who lie and do bad things, it will show upon the on the outside as well.

whether plastic surgery is permissible or not (i believe there's a whole thread about it and its not) why should one change themselves on the outside when they dont even think twice about their personality. Take care of that first before wanted to look ur best, besides people who take gud care of their mental, emotional, spirtatual being usually feel confortable with the way they look, as they were created despite what "beautiful" means in society..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Musaafirah
01-17-2006, 06:50 PM
:sl:..
never knew about ugliness before..masha'allah the artclez extremely enlightening..jazakallahukhair..

afriend
01-17-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bluff master
In order to to become good looking is it permissbile in islam to have operation , like womans do breast enlargment and mens penis.
I heavily doubt that....We should make do with what Allah has given us and be greatful...By having plastic surgery etc. is being ungreatful in my eyes

Brothers and siters, please help me out by supporting me with a quote :rollseyes :? :hiding:

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
did sum1 said doin plasic surgery is k in al-islam?

sapphire
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
nooooo its not we cant change our appearance we should be thankfull with what Allah has given us...think of the less fortunate........

Snowflake
01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
That is so true Brother Fight. JazakAllah for the article.

About plastic surgery.. It is not allowed for vanity but it's permissable for genuine deformities like accidental or birth defects e.g harelip/cleft palate, missing limbs, injuries caused by fire, accidents, intentional.. etc etc u get the idea....

Anywayz, isn't there another thread on plastic surgery somewhere??

abdul Majid
03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
interesting....jazakiallahkhair

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2006, 10:12 PM
thx for completely crashing my idea of appearance duznt matter!!!!

Duz this mean i shud go for a beutiful wife??? :?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 06:11 PM
interesting but is it authentic :eek:

------
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
There is Qur'an verses there bro :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 06:14 PM
i thot thats afta they die, lol isnt it referrin to the akhirah? Or is it while on earth there faces will become like that :eek:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 08:28 PM
^ i understand, but a lotta people find "ugly" (spiritually) people attractive (acctresses/bollywood fishes etc). sad fact, even tho i think there all SICK!!!

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
it is true, because if u look @ d beauty of RasoolAllah (saw) he woz d bestest man eva, so obviosly if ur gud den it shows upon ur face, also me wud lik 2 add a sayin of Ameer Ul Momineen Hadhrat Umar "wen 1 establishes salah fully, Allah (swt) blesses him with the blessins of salah on his face, and in the hereafter" so basically salah is a gud deed, and by doin it u get noor on ur face!!! :) btw isha is in bout 45 mins HINT HINT :p

------
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
it is true, because if u look @ d beauty of RasoolAllah (saw) he woz d bestest man eva, so obviosly if ur gud den it shows upon ur face, also me wud lik 2 add a sayin of Ameer Ul Momineen Hadhrat Umar "wen 1 establishes salah fully, Allah (swt) blesses him with the blessins of salah on his face, and in the hereafter" so basically salah is a gud deed, and by doin it u get noor on ur face!!! :) btw isha is in bout 45 mins HINT HINT :p
LOL we know bro :p Jazakallah anyway :D

Ghazi
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Salaam

This can't be true, the ayats given are talking about judgment day, anyways my point being for example say you see a brother/sisters who isn't that good looking does that mean he or she is a sinner or that allah created him that way, this just sounds rediculious to me no offense intented to the poster.

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2006, 08:53 PM
brother, remember every1 is created by ALLAH (swt), so no1 is ugly, lik dat sayin "2 sum1 u mite b nothin n 2 sum1 else u mite b everytin", but as sed ur actions in d future, show upon ur face

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

This can't be true, the ayats given are talking about judgment day, anyways my point being for example say you see a brother/sisters who isn't that good looking does that mean he or she is a sinner or that allah created him that way, this just sounds rediculious to me no offense intented to the poster.
this is kinda wat i was thinking before...

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Kuri
LOL we know bro :p Jazakallah anyway :D

lol sista id fort id add on innit:p , lik d more explanations d merrier :coolious:

afriend
04-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Subhaanallah!!

This is all true!!

I am not saying anything......so don't get me wrong

6 months ago..I wasn't exactly what u wud call religious......

But in the past few months I have changed into something new....

My heart as well as my face has changed....

Also, since I have started hifz a few months ago...My face has been enfilled with noor......I can't believe it....such an ugly person...transformed into something else.......

Like the story of the catterpillar, nice at the start, then as time went on turned bad, (a coccoon) then after a while, a butterfly emerges from it's coccoon......

May Allah keep me on the right path...and may Allah give me the tawfeeq to stay away from sins and not put me on the wrong path...

Ameen.

Ghazi
04-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Salaam

It's not

A.P
04-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Mashallah I've read this article before but always a good read

afriend
04-30-2006, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarathustra
So are you all trying to say that Black people or dark-skinned Indian people are sinners? My local imam is a very dark person, is he also a sinner and a person of bidah? Britney Spears has a very radiant and fair appearance too, is she among the righteous also?

Of course the initial post is racist.
Astaghfirullah no!

Don't take it wrong.....

Even dark skinned people have nur eminating from their faces.....

They are generally good looking.....

But it doesn't mean litterally that they are black and they are bad, and white people are good. :rollseyes

Just that u can see a general improvement of looks...I have seen it, Dark skinned people, who have pure noor eminating from their faces....

Even if not litterally, but u have an unexplainable feeling that u get wen u c the faces of these people.

afriend
04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Okay. What if a pious bro get a skin condition and it dulls his skin? What about old people, nearly all of them have dull non "nur emanating" skin? Are they bidah-spreading sinners now?

I'm basically trying to say that a person's Iman has close to ZERO to do with his appearance - nur or no nur. There are plenty of "nur-emanating" and radiant and fair people who are the most sinning and devilish people.
Very true.....

But noor is not just from the face....when you meet somebody, who is a good person, you have a sense of love for them...that is the unseen noor...Which we don't see, but we can sense by just meeting with a person.....

I have many Somalian friends.......*this is not racism* they may be dark, but becuase of their actions and character....my heart and duaas just goes out to them...Mashallah...

That is what you call the noor of Akhlaaq :)

afriend
04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Thank you for clarifying your view brother. I just was shocked that Muslims were promoting racism. I've honestly never heard of this topic of "righteousness= facial nur" ever.
Hmmm.....

Yes...I suppose if you take it the wrong way....

But it's not just Nur of the face......it's the noor of the character that is a great nur.....

But yes!

Allah has granted some people with good looks, but they are not thankful to Allah...

It's parable is, the one who Allah has granted wealth...but little does he give thanks and uses it in the right path...On the other hand, there is the one who Allah has not given a huge deal of wealth, but he uses it in the right path, and he remembers Allah...

May Allah make us of those who.....give thanks and are always mindful of him!

:'(

Subhaanallah....I don't know where that came from....but I'm over whelmed by what I have just written....:'(

A.P
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Ameen

syilla
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
*bump

Pk_#2
09-11-2007, 08:48 AM
LOL subhanAllah!

Funny and interesting.

Camomilla
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Jazakallah Khair for the share!

guyabano
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs.
Plus, People don't become 'ugly', they simply are like that.

Pk_#2
09-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I think the title is stupid, ignore the title of this thread and read some of the comments then you'll understand what they mean by beauty.

syilla
09-11-2007, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs.
Plus, People don't become 'ugly', they simply are like that.
I'm not sure why you have to comment everything about learning of Islam.

Do i have to remind you that this is not comparative religion or refutation section. or should i tell the mod. :playing:

-Elle-
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Even if not litterally, but u have an unexplainable feeling that u get wen u c the faces of these people.
I definetly know what you're talking about!!!

When people mention "nur" I don't relate it to beauty,it's more like a glow,which anyone(dark,light,orange,purple,etc) can have...And it's also more of a feeling you get when you see a muslim brother or sister with this kind of nur.

I haven't seen it on many people...but I remember once we were at this islamic event and there was this man that,subhan'allah you guys,his face was,seriously, glowing...Now keep in mind this man had a full black beard and was wearing the muslim hat there(sorry,idk the name:S),all though he was quite young(maybe,20's?)and he even had I believe a front tooth missing.

This is obviously not the stereotypical idea most people have of beauty( I don't mean anyone on this thread:) ) he didn't have neatly combed hair or dashing eyes, but subhan'allah I mean his face was really glowing even my friends had seen it and agreed.It was...how can I put this,as though the sun was shining on his face constantly.I can't say that this man is religious(I don't know that for SURE because I don't know him)but this "Nur" is maybe Allah(SWT)'s way of blessing people who are pure in their actions.

So,this just goes to show that anyone can have this sort of "nur",no matter what you look like/what origin your from.:)

snakelegs
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
houda,
i agree with what you said about noor. i have seen it too - often on people whose physical features were nothing special. it's wonderful to see.

jb17
09-25-2007, 03:33 AM
well thats depressing

Eeman
06-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Hmmm... Then how is it that you get some beautiful people (external) that are the ugliest people internally you can ever imagine?

cos in life i have come across too many of these people.

suffiyan007
06-26-2008, 05:32 AM
people getting ugly...cause of his/her attitude...and how they act and how they speak.people is islam now wearing shawl..to cover their head...(women)...still wearing tight fitting clothes and jean...so the aurat is visible seen and is haram for a man to see it..now this day modern day..muslim people wanna get sexy....! showing off body and wanna be beautiful...love ya body...Allah gifted u a nice body and u used it for fun...Zina,premarital sex,free sex,anal sex,people going for plastic surgery, using hair dye..all are haram...people changed what Allah has created...so no one is ugly but people said their ownself ugly,Allah is Fair....! appreciate ya beauty...Beauty is not important but the heart is important!:D:sl::sl:

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
:bump:

qassy!
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
i think this is the first thread on Islamic Board, that I agree with :)

suffiyan007
08-16-2008, 02:35 PM
they are ugly when they look beautiful and handsome.

'Abd-al Latif
08-16-2008, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
interesting but is it authentic :eek:
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...come-ugly.html

virtuossajida
08-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Well if plastic surgery is wrong then what do you about all the sisters putting on excessive makeup or the Metrosexual Men out there? lol

suffiyan007
08-17-2008, 02:36 PM
u are what u are.. Allah had made us beautify...! No one know hows the prophets look like...and Allah doesnt typical on the beauty...why people wanna look so gorgeous...! the way we take care of ourselves is how u take care of our skin,hair and etc...so now this day people think they get the nutrition in well balance food...think of it...junk food,burgers,fried noodle and etc..all are fats and free radical!..so..if u think u care enough for yourself...so look up some book about beauty in store...we must eat fresh fruits and veges...and are we soak up we optimal hydration no we dont..so drink 2000ml water a days..! u will be glorify! make-up and etc are just nonsense...the good skincare routine is enough,clean tone and moisturise...!(basic skincare)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.