/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sins forgiven upon reversion?

SolaceinIslam
01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
:sl:

I have heard that upon reversion one's sins from when you were non-muslims is forgiven. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if it is give references to the Quran or hadith?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM

yes sister Ive heard this too. it would be nice to see some evidence..

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

sargon
01-30-2006, 05:45 PM
My friend also told me this when I became Muslim. Evidence would be nice because I've heard it but never read it before.

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Here's one hadith from Sahih Muslim, where 'Amr ibn Al-'As said:
When Allah put Islam into my heart, I came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Extend your right hand so that I can offer you allegiance.' He stretched out his right hand and I withdrew my hand. He said, 'What is wrong, 'Amr?' I said, 'I want to make a condition.' He said, 'What is your condition?' I said, 'That I be forgiven.' He said, 'Do you not know that Islam wipes out everything before it and that emigration wipes out everything before it and that the pilgrimage wipes out everything before it?' There was no one I loved more than the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and no one was more esteemed in my eyes than him. (Sahîh Muslim, Kitâb Al-Îmân, 220)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.