/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adam and Eve, Earth or Heaven?

ummsara1108
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Assalam alakium/hello

I have came across something I need help with and all religions apply:

Was Adam and Eve created in Heaven and sent down to earth as punishment for disobeying God?

Or were Adam and Eve created on earth and sent out of eden as punishment for disobeying God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kidman
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
From Eden which is in Heaven

format_quote Originally Posted by ummsara1108
Assalam alakium/hello

I have came across something I need help with and all religions apply:

Was Adam and Eve created in Heaven and sent down to earth as punishment for disobeying God?

Or were Adam and Eve created on earth and sent out of eden as punishment for disobeying God?

sister7864
02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
they were in heaven, and they were sent down to earth, but they were not PUNISHED as they made a mistake, which is not worthy of punishment, Adam [AS] was sent down to earth to convey the religion, as it was decreed for him and his progeny

IceQueen~
02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
There is a controversy amongst the scholars as to whether the 'garden' which they were in was actually in paradise or a garden on earth.

Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummsara1108
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Sure Is Confusing!!!!!!!

ummsara1108
02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister7864
they were in heaven, and they were sent down to earth, but they were not PUNISHED as they made a mistake, which is not worthy of punishment, Adam [AS] was sent down to earth to convey the religion, as it was decreed for him and his progeny

They weren't punished?
I don't think it was a mistake they made, it was a direct disobeyment of Gods law, which is punishable, correct?

------
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
:salamext:

Let me post my notes from Sheikh Faisal's lecture...hold on....

Shaytaan could not see the private parts of Adam and Hawa when they were in Heaven because the had Heavenly clothing which was made from light – when they ate from the tree – the clothing went =

Shaytaan loves to look at the private parts of others
“…Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame…” [7:27]
Difference between Paradise and Heaven:
Paradise=
1st person to enter Paradise – Muhammad (SAW)
Believers will enter Paradise on D.O.J
In Paradise- no such thing as a Haraam tree – no Haraam can take place
Paradise – you won’t be thrown out “Khaalideena Feehaa Aabaadaa” – Forever and forever!
IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE
Paradise is for the ‘Muttaqeen’ (Righteous)

Similar=
Not to work for a living
So basically, Heaven and Paradise are different things.

Allaahu Aalim...

ummsara1108
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Let me post my notes from Sheikh Faisal's lecture...hold on....

So basically, Heaven and Paradise are different things.

Allaahu Aalim...

Ok so they were in heaven or paradise?

------
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM

According to Sheikh Faisal's lecture, they were in Heaven. Because:

- once a person enters Paradise they are not thrown out
- there is no haraam tree in paradise
- the first person to enter paradise will be the Prophet Muhammad SAW
etc.

And Sheikh Faisal's lecture actually makes sense.

Allaahu Aalim.

ummsara1108
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
ty very much for reasponse's

Muezzin
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
There is a controversy amongst the scholars as to whether the 'garden' which they were in was actually in paradise or a garden on earth.

Allah knows best.
One thing's for sure. It definitely wasn't my back garden.

sur
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister7864
& some believe it's footprint of Adam(as) as he landed on earth; somewhere in todays Sri Lanka.:-

A Hadees says he was >90 feet tall.
Bukhari:55:543:-
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall.(1cubit = 1.5 feet) When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.