/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing posts, restarting polls..

crayon
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
A bunch of posts have disappeared, there are sometimes multiple threads of the same thing, polls are being restarted? Last night every time I tried posting something I got "database error"..

What's going on with the forums?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
02-12-2008, 09:19 AM
it looks like we lost 3 days while we were down.
and i don't know why these old polls keep regurgitating.

Ebtisweetsam
02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Alot of threads i answered have been deleted :cry: and when i received emails from LI, i couldnt open them, so im pretty muddled myself!:hmm:

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
it looks like we lost 3 days while we were down.
and i don't know why these old polls keep regurgitating.
Yeh looks like something went wrong with the database...but, unless i am mistaken, dosnt brother -S- make backups everyday, so the backup made yesterday can be restored can it not?

How come there are so many db errors here anyway...? im just curious, it cant be vBulletin can it... :)

WaSalaam.......................................... .................................................

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
02-12-2008, 10:09 AM
we have our very own Time Machine for no extra charge.
it is now 3 days ago. :D

-S-
02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Salams

sorry! the database crashed big time last nite was up at 4am tryna fix it-- tried repiaring it several times did nto work...restarting sql did nto work either so had no alternative but to restore it from backup...luckily it was not too bad just 3 days!

i need to troubleshoot mor ewhne i get a chance ia

------
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
:salamext:

Lol @ JUST 3 days... :muddlehea

Do u know how much happens in 3 days?!?!

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 01:28 PM
we've lost all our smart rhymes

------
02-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Forget the rhymes... a LOT of stuff is lost.

I recommend that admins back this forum up every night :muddlehea

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

sorry! the database crashed big time last nite was up at 4am tryna fix it-- tried repiaring it several times did nto work...restarting sql did nto work either so had no alternative but to restore it from backup...luckily it was not too bad just 3 days!

i need to troubleshoot mor ewhne i get a chance ia
whoa SubhanAllaah barakAllaahufeek...

Masha'Allaah...so what was wrong with the SQL tables? you figure it out akh...? It seems to happen to often here, there isnt a chance we are being hacked is there? vbulletin is quite secure afterall, but there is always a way....

WaSalaam...

Moon*Light
02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
:sl:

This is so annoying I said to myself finally I passed the 50 post mark yesterday and now I have 37 posts again! Not fair. :(

Muezzin
02-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I think Gremlins have figured out how to use a mouse.

Gizmo, where are ya, dude?

sur
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Worst thing is that i lost my reputations :'( :'( :'(

------
02-12-2008, 03:43 PM

LOL i'm gonna use Minaz Bhai's motto:

Reps points mean nothin

sur
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
i was just kidding.
Aap nay MagarMasch kaae aansoo nahee daekhay, smile mea.!!!

Souljette
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I KNOWWWW 3 DAYSSS my rhymes wer goone summ posts were gonne hopeee it's fixed noww

piXie
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
:sl:

To those who have lost any beneficial posts, you might be able to retrieve them if you haven't deleted your internet history.

Your Internet history will have all the past LI pages/threads which you've visited, stored. This will include all your posts and other members posts that you've read. To those who don't know how to do this, open an internet page, and click on tools (icon at the top somewhere). Then select "Work Offline", and browse through your islamicboard.com history (past 3 days...)

That way, you won't have to re-write your posts all over again, and can just copy paste them (frm ur history) back on here. :p

jzcasejz
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think Gremlins have figured out how to use a mouse.

Gizmo, where are ya, dude?
HAHAHA, this one's too funny!!! ;D;D!!!

-S-
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Salams

the Forum is Backed Up Everynight!!

Thing is the board crashed at 12:30am last night and i was sleeping that time well i was up again at 3am cos one of ma others servers had a problem so could not sleep cos of it :( lol

Backups run around 1am every night...

now thing is that backup that ran last night backed up the corrupted version!!! sadly!!!

so i had to restore it from night before

we do weekly backups daily and monthly

its a good thing it was 2 days since its last done or else we may have had to go bac 7 days!

Sorry once again i know its fustrating..same for me aswell :( need to figure out whats happening im not too sure!

-S-
02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
mind u thought i think i have a copy of the corrupted backup if i can fix it and restore it then ill put it on another forum so u guys can copy and paste!

jzcasejz
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
^ LOL, don't go to any trouble just for a bunch of forumers, it's only 3 days Akhi, nothing major. :)

-S-
02-12-2008, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
^ LOL, don't go to any trouble just for a bunch of forumers, it's only 3 days Akhi, nothing major. :)
Yeh well ill give it a shot anyhoo! i like experimenting!
if it works then great if not no harm
not that i experiment with islamicboard and i crash it :p ! thats a no no!

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
...3 days... lol we talk aloooott....

i lost some reps!! why LI always goin down? :(

:w:

------
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM

I understand bro Sajid. Please try and make sure it doesn't happen again though. Jazaak Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.