/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ...essay...*sleeps*

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
:sl:

i been sitting here... with microsoft word open...for lliterally about and hour and half... half aseep... i gotta essay to write which is due today...wait i think it was yesterday...dunno... who cares .. but i typed the title and got started and sadly this is all i got in this entire time...just sitting here staring and tryna think...
"Character Analysis"
and thats the title btw and its all i got

i gotta choose a character from a novel or a movie or television series... but i cant i wanna do movies bcuz i hate boooks and the only book i can remember is 'my brother sam is dead' but i already wrote an essay bout it plus its a boring book... so i am think to do the character 'susan' from the movie 'Chronicles of narnia' ...but i dunt wanna do her or that movie or maybe i do ... god im so confused..lol..u are too..right?..

whenever i gots a project or somehting i open it ...say 'oh this is easy let me just get this outta the way' then i do the title... and completely STOP thinkin... HELP

any suggestions?

u can close this thread by tommorow btw bcuz the thing is due on... wait lemme chekc.. oh its due on 2/12/08 ...

thats today innit? dang :nervous: oh well i will give u my HONEST grade after i get it graded and u'll see i is gonna gets an A++++++ ok ok fine just and A+... lol and sometimes the teacher dont except the things late but i gotta tell her sopme stuff and mess with there minds till they agree..lol... like today i was late for class the teacher said '___ why are you late for class? this is the 3rd time in a row ur late, u didnt even get an excuse now thats going to be another absent thing and ur going to be kicked outta this class if you dont get an excuse..' and all that boring stuff teachers say... like its such a loss for me if i get kicked outta that class...lool..i'd be happy... lol... anyway and i just got outta that by saying 'oh sorry, wow its really cold where i live, all the schools are closed...arent you cold?' lol and subject changed... me still gots a cleeaan record...

anyway so no late worries just ... uh.. oh yeah just help with finding a subject? kk

:w:

*sigh* oh NOW i can type long...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
please? cmon i got loads of due stuff to turn in that were do today and yesterday....

i dunnno where they all came from i just sw them.. :nervous:

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
i need to help my self i have an assignment thats is 11 tasks and the teacher wants half of it by monday and im already behind,but do an intressting character do about denzel washington in malcom x or the amrican gangster choose a charatcer u can write alot about what heck is susan from narnia??? cmon!!

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
ok ok i said i didnt wanna do her but she was EASY... yet nutin really to write... i dunt wanna write bout any of those u just said except american gangsta...lol just got me in the mood...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
ok what is it actually that u wanna wright about do u have to rewright the movie as u saw it or just use the character to make a story of ur own??

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
just describe what the character does, says, there attitude... easy essay but booring

omg my brain is back!!! YAY... shud i just do the easy and cool harry potter ...form of course the best one of them which is the prizoner of askaban...?

sabah
02-12-2008, 09:39 PM

ohh im not alone, im in the same position as you, ive got to do so much but cant get started! i wish mine was as interesting as yourz. so sis have i see you got ur character, just jump right in there, the background around the character, her personality traits, whats interesting about her and her role in the film.

It helps me to find someone on msn thats doing work, so we can stay up all night together, give that one a try, it keeps u motivated :D

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
what heck is susan from narnia??? cmon!!

from

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
malcom x

in this film i will conduct a essay about the main character blah blah this character goes through many phases and eventually changes hes live around whilst encountering many problems on the way to finding inner happiness ? something like that

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 09:46 PM
whats the point i know hu susan is and i know the chronicles of narnia i said "what the heck is susan" as in why do u wanna do that in other words its kinda ****ty

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint

from

lol yehhh...

ok ima try to get started...now...maybe...or maybe i gettin sleepy... nah im kiddin... imawake now... alsmost...

sabah
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
malcom x

in this film i will conduct a essay about the main character blah blah this character goes through many phases and eventually changes hes live around whilst encountering many problems on the way to finding inner happiness ? something like that
sounds like a pretty gud opening line, just copy and paste and take out the blah blah

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
whats the point i know hu susan is and i know the chronicles of narnia i said "what the heck is susan" as in why do u wanna do that in other words its kinda ****ty
lol ur hilarius... she's really boring tho the only thing i cud get is lik...

she's boring
she's bossy
she is a girl
she is ...a son of adam?
she is nowhere as pretty as my 35 yr old teacher? LOljk hell no...

and then at teh end... hope u like the essay its real short sorry bcuz i had about 50 other projects to do... and then i get an AAAAAAA+

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Do Muhammad from the Message.
Or even better, watch a character drama, read a couple of articles and reviews about it and you're bound to get some ideas.
Nowadays, you don't have to read a book or watch a movie to obtain a character description, as there's the world wide web...:D:X

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah
sounds like a pretty gud opening line, just copy and paste and take out the blah blah
yo sabah thats copyright those are my words OK:mad:
IM JUST MESSIN lol

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Oops, lol.:smile:

sabah
02-12-2008, 09:53 PM
yo sabah thats copyright those are my words OK:mad:
IM JUST MESSIN lol
oooo sorry mr ahmedjunior i didnt see ur copyrite sign ;D

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Do Muhammad from the Message.
Or even better, watch a character drama, read a couple of articles and reviews about it and you're bound to get some ideas.
Nowadays, you don't have to read a book or watch a movie to obtain a character description, as there's the world wide web...:D:X

lol u guys are hilarius... i cant really do him bcuz the movie dont really gots the right stuff for the questions they ask on the thing...

forget it i just found a perfect copy paste thing... i luv it when u can jsut switch som words around and the teachers fall for it and give u an A..lol.. they only cought me once... and then gave me another chance and i gotta A..lol...

anyway i brb and go start it... on harry or hermione from one of there movies

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol u guys are hilarius... i cant really do him bcuz the movie dont really gots the right stuff for the questions they ask on the thing...

forget it i just found a perfect copy paste thing... i luv it when u can jsut switch som words around and the teachers fall for it and give u an A..lol.. they only cought me once... and then gave me another chance and i gotta A..lol...

Did you read the books?

sabah
02-12-2008, 09:57 PM

ya u should get away with it, unless ur teachers a member of LI :scared:

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
i think my teacher is that dude with no point way up there that why he askin me if i read the books... just like me teachers!...lol nah im kiddin none my teachers go to anything but boring stuff...they old...old ppl dont do nutin..

actually no i didnt read the boooks and of course that why they gots movies... cuz u dont fall asleep during the first page...

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
i think my teacher is that dude with no point way up there that why he askin me if i read the books... just like me teachers!...lol nah im kiddin none my teachers go to anything but boring stuff...they old...old ppl dont do nutin..

actually no i didnt read the boooks and of course that why they gots movies... cuz u dont fall asleep during the first page...
Book based movies are meant for the readers to revive their reading experience...

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 10:11 PM

hey nothing is wrong with old ppl and "old ppl dont do nothing" thats abit harsh and stupid novels are boring and pointless stick to movies alteast good 1s anyway

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
ima stick to harry potter but which character shud i do harry or hermione...

OR sirius black...

p.s. i meant MY teachers dont visit anything islamic like this... so no worrys...

i think

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
oh yeah i was googling this whole time btw just so u dunt thinmk i was sittin there like b4 lol

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 10:15 PM
do hermione just choose the best character u feel will get u more marks

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
oh perfect i just found the perfect site... NOT FOR COPY PASTE i like getting PURE A's it was a joke neway... the site is perfect and says all bout hermione so i gun go do it now :w:

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
ima stick to harry potter but which character shud i do harry or hermione...

OR sirius black...

p.s. i meant MY teachers dont visit anything islamic like this... so no worrys...

i think
I kinda dislike Hermione cuz she's always "there are no voices, Harry"
Do Ron.

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
lol if u tlaking bout the order of the pheonix she only said that cuz he and the other creepy girl who never blinks were the only ones who can hear it .lol ur hilarius!

rons a bit ofa geek... he almost cried when he saw hagrids giant and the spiders and all...lol

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 10:25 PM
im abit lost here i never liked the harry nutter movies kinda crappy

sabah
02-12-2008, 10:26 PM
i hate harry potty. ever heard of matilda, now thats what i call a film, pure brill!

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
lol if u tlaking bout the order of the pheonix she only said that cuz he and the other creepy girl who never blinks were the only ones who can hear it .lol ur hilarius!

rons a bit ofa geek... he almost cried when he saw hagrids giant and the spiders and all...lol
You mean Luna? ****, it's been more than 3 years since I read the Order of the Phoenix, and I didn't quite concentrate on the movie.
That's one thing I have in common with him. Arachnophobia...Shhh..:muddlehea:playing:

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
lol yeah i heard of that, its not that good tho...

ahmedjr u hateall movies dont u.lol.. i wanna do the movie about the starter of the crips now... lol i just remembered it its so cool they got the 'Bloodz' and all... its a nice movie.. ima check it out

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
i hate harry potty. ever heard of matilda, now thats what i call a film, pure brill!
matilda crappy

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:30 PM
You mean Luna? ****, it's been more than 3 years since I read the Order of the Phoenix, and I didn't quite concentrate on the movie.
That's one thing I have in common with him. Arachnophobia...Shhh..:muddlehea:playing:

:uuh: ...

um..were u expecting me to kno what that phobia word was?

is it like a translation for geek or something? lol im kiddin:offended:

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
i dont hate all movies but cmon who the heck watches movies like harry potter about a boy waving a wand bullcrap

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:33 PM

this one?
I loved it once, but I was like 7...

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:33 PM
that movie is old and boring .. lol im finally able to do the essay i already got a paragrap! yay im almost done only 7+ paraghraphs left!

and i lost my energy... LI ppl bring it back tho..lol

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
:uuh: ...

um..were u expecting me to kno what that phobia word was?

is it like a translation for geek or something? lol im kiddin:offended:
I am trying to educate you, my dear.:zip:
It's spider-fear.
Those pesky beasts...

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:36 PM
i dont hate all movies but cmon who the heck watches movies like harry potter about a boy waving a wand bullcrap
I watch them because I read the books, they're crappy for the most part, I agree.

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I am trying to educate you, my dear.:zip:
It's spider-fear.
Those pesky beasts...

lol oooooooohh.... u cud just use the normal word... scared of spiders... lol
i hate spiders...they so sick

except wen they helped the prophet... :)

sabah
02-12-2008, 10:37 PM

this one?
I loved it once, but I was like 7...
awww thats it, pure entertainment!!!!. 7 you cant grasp the full pciture, watch it now ive still got it on video. :-[

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:38 PM

yeah but they easy to write bout in projects... verry easy..

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
there was a big spider on our sofa at home so i sat there thinking it probably went then my friends called me over to play football i wore my jacket and went to play i removed my jackets and played the whole day to find it crawling all around me i ran like i was on fire until one of my friends flicked it off me

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
awww thats it, pure entertainment!!!!. 7 you cant grasp the full pciture, what it now ive still got it on video. :-[
True..
What is the message of the movie in your opinion?
I had it on video, I'm not sure whether I still have it, I think I passed it on to another 7yo.
Did you read the book?

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
there was a big spider on our sofa at home so i sat there thinking it probably went then my friends called me over to play football i wore my jacket and went to play i removed my jackets and played the whole day to find it crawling all around me i ran like i was on fire until one of my friends flicked it off me

lol that seriously made me lol... my brother tortures me with 'innocent' red ants he been doing that for like 9 years lol... he picks them up and i dunt kno then says pick that paper off the floor and i do then he throws it at me and does that laugh of his and sometimes he goes and picks up a string or something and makes it look like an ant and i believe it :eek:.. its sick tho...

anyway im goin back and forth... google...LI...school...google LI school..lol.. that way i dunt falll asleep:muddlehea << see my eyes wide awake

sabah
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
True..
What is the message of the movie in your opinion?
I had it on video, I'm not sure whether I still have it, I think I passed it on to another 7yo.
Did you read the book?
well i managed to learn a valuble lesson, here it goes:

i cant do magic, i tried flying as well!!!!

was there a buk? hate buks anyway, ive got paperphobia, unless its got big colourfull pictures!

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
lol oooooooohh.... u cud just use the normal word... scared of spiders... lol
i hate spiders...they so sick

except wen they helped the prophet... :)
Arachnophobia is a normal word...
I like big zoo spiders, otherwise I tend not to have physical contact with them... I just hoover them or squeeze them with some sheets of toilet paper.
Was it when he had a discussion with ants?

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
well i managed to learn a valuble lesson, here it goes:

i cant do magic, i tried flying as well!!!!

was there a buk? hate buks anyway, ive got paperphobia, unless its got big colourfull pictures!
Waht about moral issues presented in the film?
How old are you?
I liked it ebst when she was inthe house, moving things, disappearing, and confusing that hideous fat lady...
I don't quite remember what happens with her at the end, I think she just moves out and gives the house to that lovely teacher.
Yeah, there's a book, by Roald Dahl. He writes great childrens books, I liked Charlie chocolate series best.

truemuslim
im talking bout muhammed (saw) when the spider puts web on the cave and the dove lays and egg so the ppl passed by and thought he cudnt be hiding in the cave bcuz the web isnt messed up and the dove eggs arent broken...

lol i cant even dare touch the spider with a looooooooong stick... i start shakin and all

Whatsthepoint
Why don't you like books??

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Why don't you like books??
islamic books are cool... american books are boooring... only sometimes... wait... no never... yet wen i got a book to read for school i finish it ina day ... (one of the mysterys about me)

sabah
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Waht about moral issues presented in the film?
How old are you?
I liked it ebst when she was inthe house, moving things, disappearing, and confusing that hideous fat lady...
I don't quite remember what happens with her at the end, I think she just moves out and gives the house to that lovely teacher.
Yeah, there's a book, by Roald Dahl. He writes great childrens books, I liked Charlie chocolate series best.
moral issues ya: he family were horid and god bless her teacher, i think the chokey wud work well in schools. oj

erm well im erm 19 :nervous:

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 11:01 PM
im talking bout muhammed (saw) when the spider puts web on the cave and the dove lays and egg so the ppl passed by and thought he cudnt be hiding in the cave bcuz the web isnt messed up and the dove eggs arent broken...

lol i cant even dare touch the spider with a looooooooong stick... i start shakin and all
I don't like insects in general.. in fact, I dislike most animals with over 4 or less than 2 legs..

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
islamic books are cool... american books are boooring... only sometimes... wait... no never... yet wen i got a book to read for school i finish it ina day ... (one of the mysterys about me)
lol heh
I never read an islamic book.
What's the last book you read?

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
AAAAAAAH UR POLLUTING MY THREAD NOW I DONT WANNA COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice crab tho... it dead right?

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
lol heh
I never read an islamic book.
What's the last book you read?
'a boy from mecca'

its the bestest one EVER ... not including the quran of course... its so cool and makes you not wanna stop and see what happens and all

lol almost every site i go to got warnings for 'spoilers' lol... cant resist tho now its spoiled...:mad:

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
AAAAAAAH UR POLLUTING MY THREAD NOW I DONT WANNA COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice crab tho... it dead right?
I should hope so.:hmm:

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 11:10 PM
'a boy from mecca'

its the bestest one EVER ... not including the quran of course... its so cool and makes you not wanna stop and see what happens and all

lol almost every site i go to got warnings for 'spoilers' lol... cant resist tho now its spoiled...:mad:
What's it about? Is it islamic?
One of the books I am currently reading was written by a muslim, I think. It's called The Buddha of Suburbia.

truemuslim
02-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I should hope so.:hmm:
:scared:... after starin at it..it dunt even look like a crab no more

What's it about? Is it islamic?
One of the books I am currently reading was written by a muslim, I think. The Buddha of Suburbia.
i never read that one...
yeah it is islamic... too bad i aint tellin u wat it about im notta ..uh..book spoiler...

Intisar
02-12-2008, 11:14 PM
:w: I have an assignment, which was due yesterday but I slept all day, for World Issues..I'm so lazy. Inshaa Allaah we all get our work done though.

PS. Please remember the board etiquettes and do not participate in free-mixing, and showing pictures of women with their 'awrah showing.

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: I have an assignment, which was due yesterday but I slept all day, for World Issues..I'm so lazy. Inshaa Allaah we all get our work done though.

PS. Please remember the board etiquettes and do not participate in free-mixing, and showing pictures of women with their 'awrah showing.

Is hair awrah?

Cabdullahi
02-12-2008, 11:18 PM
this is my last year in college but i seriously need to stop lazing around i just cant seem to do my work everything i do at the last minute is ever1 like this or u pps are just boffins that schedule carefully what they will do during the week :)

Intisar
02-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Is hair awrah?
Yes it is. That's why many women wear hijaabs to cover it.

Whatsthepoint
02-12-2008, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Yes it is. That's why many women wear hijaabs to cover it.
Yeah, but I din't know it was forbiden to show non-muslims with their awrah exposed.

Intisar
02-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, but I din't know it was forbiden to show non-muslims with their awrah exposed.
It's not just non-Muslims, non-mahram (directly related males) men are not allowed to set it either.

The female 'awrah is everything besides the hands and face, or everything besides the eyes.

The male 'awrah is from the navel to the knees (inshaa Allaah I am correct, and if not someone plz correct me).

The Ruler
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM

I've skipped all the posts after the 1st one except those on this page. So... ^Off-topic.

Und... I don't know how far you've got with your work. but when it comes to character analysis, try to choose someone with more layers; someone with various motives and purposes.

Remember, always include why the character is important to the story.

A for Susan, if you could, it'd be better if you read the whole set of 7 books by C. S. Lewis. Other than the fact that they are amazing, I believe it'll help you out a lot.

You may include in your essay things like:
- Why did she have to be one to first discover the secret passageway to Narnia?
- Why was she given the portion (if I remember correctly) by Aslan instead of a bow like Elizabeth (?) was given?
- The significance of her status in the 'family'.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2008, 04:32 PM
do it on "howl" from howls moving castle.

you'll like it, trust me

truemuslim
02-13-2008, 04:33 PM
what in the world is 'howl'? aww is it one of those boring dog books like 'where the red fern grows' ?

The Ruler
02-13-2008, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
do it on "howl" from howls moving castle.

you'll like it, trust me
Now that is a hell of a good suggestion.

EDIT: You can learn a lot about him from wiki.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2008, 04:40 PM
what in the world is 'howl'? aww is it one of those boring dog books like 'where the red fern grows' ?
nope

its a character from a movie

a pretty great movie too

makes the lil ones laugh a lot

mashaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum

truemuslim
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
ok i'll check it out. if i can... i went half way wit hermione from harry potter but i got stuck in the middle now so im ..done i guess...

The Ruler
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Another hint: What you have to say doesn't have to be right. Just create anything that you 'feel' when you're thinking/reading/whatching the character.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.