/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cursed????

Camomilla
02-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I know that this is going to sound weird but I have heard that black people are black because they were cursed during the time of Prophet Noah(PBUH).
I heard that they were one of the people who went with the Prophet to the arc and that they were told not to go to their wives but they did and that's when they were cursed. Does Islam say anything about this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
02-23-2008, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla
I know that this is going to sound weird but I have heard that black people are black because they were cursed during the time of Prophet Noah(PBUH).
I heard that they were one of the people who went with the Prophet to the arc and that they were told not to go to their wives but they did and that's when they were cursed. Does Islam say anything about this?
No wayyyyyyyyy I dont think thats true at all man!

NYCmuslim
02-23-2008, 05:33 PM
[49:13]
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

We are all Allah's creation and He does not favor/curse anyone based on race or any other physical differences. Whatever you heard about that is completley false.

Peace.

MartyrX
02-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Um I'd have to say no that's not true. Where did you hear that? It sounds like something from stormfront.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
02-23-2008, 05:42 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

None of evidence for this. I've to say this is false.

Sister Fatima

ummsara1108
02-23-2008, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla

lol...Black people are not Black because they were cursed, as a matter of fact from a christian veiw point, when Adam's son Golith left to the mountains he brought a black woman back with him, so the story goes. You should know people come in all shapes, sizes and colors, ect. Depending on where they originate from. Does your quote include Black Arabs? Because there are many....

Danah
02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
no I dont hear about this thing. this is the first time I heard about this.

Camomilla
02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Phew, Alhamdulillah!
:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:
I'm from Africa myself and it was kinda sad when I heard It.
I heard it from a very close person.
Anyway Jazakallah Khair!
This thread can be closed now.

Camomilla
02-23-2008, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
No wayyyyyyyyy I dont think thats true at all man!
Peace,
Take it easy, OK
I didn't say they were....

Mikayeel
02-23-2008, 07:46 PM
No such thing, i think people thought they were cursed (the pagans!), but they r not black because they r cursed

Camomilla
02-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Thank you all for your share

MustafaMc
02-23-2008, 08:34 PM
This concept is not an Islamic one.

According to Wikipedia some interpret the Bible to refer to this as the curse on Ham for seeing his father, Prophet Noah (as), naked.

The Curse of Ham (also called the curse of Canaan) refers to the curse thatHam's father Noah placed upon Ham's son Canaan, after Ham "saw his father's nakedness" because of drunkenness in Noah's tent. It is related in theBook of Genesis 9:20-27.
Some Biblical scholars see the "curse of Ham" story as an early Hebrew rationalization for Israel's conquest and enslavement of the Canaanites, who were presumed to descend from Canaan.
The "curse of Ham" had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham. They were often called Hamites and were believed to have descended through Canaan or his older brothers. This racist theory was widely held during the 18th-20th centuries, but it has been largely abandoned since the mid-20th century by even the most conservative theologians.

InToTheRain
02-23-2008, 10:59 PM
:sl: Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu,

[b][49:13]
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
So we vary in colour so that we may recognise each other, not because some were cursed ;D

If you read the stories of the prohets(AS) by Ibn Kathir(RA) mentions:

Then Allah sent the Angel of Death, and the land sought refuge in Allah, the angel said: "I also seek refuge with Allah from returning without carrying out His command." So he took clay from the face of the earth and mixed it. He did not take from one particular place, but rather he took white, red, and black clay from different places.

And it is because Adam(AS) was created from different colours of earth that later on he gave birth to different colours within the human race.

( Stories of the Prophets(AS) can be read here:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Prophets/)

adeeb
02-24-2008, 06:12 AM
this is so wrong.. and whether ure white or black, God not see from ure colour but your heart..

aminahjaan
02-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Don't think it's true, we're all the same in God's eyes.

Camomilla
02-24-2008, 11:03 AM
This thread can be closed now :)

:threadclo

wilberhum
02-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Some people are black because they have a high melanin content.

Camomilla
02-24-2008, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Some people are black because they have a high melanin content.
I know, that is what I've been tought in biology...

Ebtisweetsam
02-24-2008, 11:15 AM
I think she got the point and the thread can be closed now.... mods??

Camomilla
02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
I think she got the point and the thread can be closed now.... mods??
Thank you, that's what I've been trying to say :rollseyes

Average.
02-24-2008, 11:46 AM
jus to add, remember the prophet's last sermon, 'no arab is superior than a non arab and no white man is superior than a black man' (paraphased) we're all judged accordin to our level of piety and they way we look is amongst Allah's blessings no curse or anything defines it.

jus realised i shouldn't be here. - exits thread -

H4RUN
02-24-2008, 07:42 PM
:sl:

I think the mod's are on a strike, either that or they just are not MODerating as they should :p I told them, let me become a mod, but noooo!

I didnt know anything about the melanine content, didnt study biology in depth, come to think of it, i didnt study at all lol Although i did master the art of throwing a paper ball on a brothers teeth:D

Camomilla
02-25-2008, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

I think the mod's are on a strike, either that or they just are not MODerating as they should :p I told them, let me become a mod, but noooo!

I didnt know anything about the melanine content, didnt study biology in depth, come to think of it, i didnt study at all lol Although i did master the art of throwing a paper ball on a brothers teeth:D
Melanin is found in hair and in the eyes pigment tissue. :smile:

rabarbara2008
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NYCmuslim
[49:13]

We are all Allah's creation and He does not favor/curse anyone based on race or any other physical differences. Whatever you heard about that is completley false.

Peace.
exactly. as always, the Quran gives us the answer, alhamdulillah.
don't worry, and don't always believe what you hear :peace:

Camomilla
02-25-2008, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabarbara2008
exactly. as always, the Quran gives us the answer, alhamdulillah.
don't worry, and don't always believe what you hear :peace:

:smile: :peace::peace:
Jazakallah Khair!

Muezzin
02-25-2008, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
This concept is not an Islamic one.

According to Wikipedia some interpret the Bible to refer to this as the curse on Ham for seeing his father, Prophet Noah (as), naked.

The Curse of Ham (also called the curse of Canaan) refers to the curse thatHam's father Noah placed upon Ham's son Canaan, after Ham "saw his father's nakedness" because of drunkenness in Noah's tent. It is related in theBook of Genesis 9:20-27.
Some Biblical scholars see the "curse of Ham" story as an early Hebrew rationalization for Israel's conquest and enslavement of the Canaanites, who were presumed to descend from Canaan.
The "curse of Ham" had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham. They were often called Hamites and were believed to have descended through Canaan or his older brothers. This racist theory was widely held during the 18th-20th centuries, but it has been largely abandoned since the mid-20th century by even the most conservative theologians.
Jazakallah for posting that to clarify.

This sort of 'black skin = curse' talk has no place in Islam or any other religion. It's used by the likes of the KKK to justify their crimes.

Also - I just saw this thread and the numerous calls for it to be closed. Your wish is my command. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.