/* */

PDA

View Full Version : :sl: dear brothers and sisters in Islam

johan
02-23-2008, 04:17 PM
:sl:

I'm new to www.islamicboard.com, i saw the link from yahoo q&a.
I was wandering whether this is the right place to start?
My concern is to gather as many agreement between the scholars of Islamic schools so as to get commonality and understanding.
The Quran does states so in the verse 3:64.

The main concern is that because of the number of hadeeth and rawi and the number of schools that interpret those hadeeth, for many moslem commoners seems overwhelming to understand everything and so they give up in understanding them and leave them to those schools to interpret without questioning them.

This is for me one major decline in the progress of the moslem civilization. Why? Because time changes, new wealth of knowledge is acquired everyday, new ways of looking at concepts. New horizons to look at.
The prophet once told us about preparing your next generation because the next generation is going to cope with problems that the current generation never even dreamed of.

In the times of those schools certain issues may seem final, but that would probably caused by the lack of understanding of the nature surrounds us since the lack of practical technology may be causing us to assume this and assume that. Gray areas where at that times would seem gray, with the current diversified view, many new understandings of concepts may have turned the gray to white.

I'm especially referring to the interpretation and the justification of the sanad of all known hadeeth to all various moslem schools, apart from the quran passages itself. I am emphasizing on the interpretations and not the text for the quran, but for hadeeth as usual.. be it sanad, interpretations, and consistency between one hadeeth and the other.

I think we need a site dedicated to the cataloging the major schools and sects (i'm lacking the proper word for identifying entities such as Suuni, Sheets, Ikhwanul Muslimin, Salafi, Jama3ah Tabligh, and various of elements of Moslem communities), the many "species" of hadeeth, the views of the schools and sect on those hadeeth.
Something that looks like:
+--------+---------+------------+----------+--------+
|Hadeeth | School / Sects View on hadeeth |
+ +----------+-----------+----------+--------+
|ID | School A | School B | Sect C | ... |
+--------+----------+-----------+----------+--------+
|_1_ | _Agree_ |_Disagree_ |_Abstain_ | ... |
|_2_ | _Agree_ |_undecided_|_Aagree_ | ... |
| ... |
+--------+----------+-----------+---------+---------+

With links to the reasons behind it.

I'm suggesting it to be dynamic and interactive in nature, whereby people and scholars from all around the world can also contribute to the analysis, ratings, etc. Of course the site must be regulated and moderated for it to be effective.

I see wiki, in a way a fast and helpful tool to convey a message.
This site should be better, since the basis is clearer.

Sorry for spilling my thoughts so uncontrolled a way. May be this is not the right place, the right moment or the right way, so please forgive me if so the case.

I just dream for a day when all moslems are united under one khalifah and under the same syariah law to bring about tauheed, love, peace, justice and order to this world.

I think that is all from me for now.

Regards,
Johan
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-28-2008, 09:06 AM
:salamext:

If u have any questions, please ask!

Enjoy :D

None of us are scholars in this forum brother, and those are the types of questions scholars need to answer :)

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 11:18 AM
assalamu alaikum

welcome to the forum

enjoy your stay !

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-29-2008, 03:49 AM
:sl:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rabarbara2008
03-02-2008, 10:50 AM
wa alaykum salaam brother, interesting post.
yes it's true that it's overwhelming to see what kind of different thoughts and interpretations exist. especially when u r new to islam (me too).
ur idea of such a wiki site is great, however i think it's hard to realize as even between schools and sects, there are disagreements about what they consider to be true or right. so which of their opinions to put on the site? all of them? i think this is quite impossible. i don't want to depress you bro ;-)

the beauty about islam is that it's open to many interpretations, this can also be problematic, but i always see it as positive. don't go crazy on these thoughts, just try to accept that there are many views.

PS are u from germany or holland by the way?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.