/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Universities which offer full Scholarships

itsme
03-01-2008, 11:48 AM
:sl:

I'm looking for UK/US/Canadian/Australian/Malaysian based universities which offer full scholarships to international students for undergraduate courses. I've done a bit of research on the net but it's not been that fruitful. Any advices will be most welcome.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Omium
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme

I'm looking for UK/US/Canadian/Australian/Malaysian based universities which offer full scholarships to international students for undergraduate courses. I've done a bit of research on the net but it's not been that fruitful. Any advices will be most welcome.
Im an Aussie, I dont know about International Undergraduate Scholarships.
Ive got a part-scholarship.

Where are you from exactly?
In Australiathere is something called "HECS" (im not sure if you have it in other countries)
This is where the government pays for your course and then when you start working and earn over a specific ammount (i think $40 000) They deduct some money to pay for your HECS.

So if you want to study here i guess you could do that :)

MuslimahBlue
03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
waalaikum sallam
I checked out some of the Canadian universities alot of the scholarships require applicants to be citizens or permanent residents.
What are you planning on studying? so i can search more specifically.

Intisar
03-01-2008, 03:52 PM
:sl: ^Really?

They never had any requirements for me when I was applying online, just my (mother's) credit card to pay it off.

As for scholarships in Canada (well, I live in Toronto), if you maintain an 80% average you get a scholarship of at least $2000.00 and considering how much tuitions cost, that's a bargain. I remember a couple of years ago, a girl got a 99.5% average in OAC (Grade 13, no longer available here) and she got a $21, 500.00 scholarship from York University as well as many other freebies. So make sure your average is high, 'cause you'll have to pay less student loans (OSAP). This would help you as a Muslim seeing as how interest is haraam, so therefore you'll also be staying out of that as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimahBlue
03-01-2008, 04:07 PM
No, I was talking about scholarships alot of them require you to be a Canadian citizen or even a citizen of the province
For example lets talk Ryerson University Entrance Scholarhip heres the critrea,;
Available to all current Ontario Grade 12 U/M secondary school students entering Ryerson University in Fall 2006.
- Based on average of best 6 Ontario Grade 12 U/M courses.
I guess we dont notice it since we live here

aamirsaab
03-01-2008, 04:11 PM
DMU (in the UK) offers a bursary grant to anyone with ucas points totalling and surpassing 280.
I was fortunate to obtain one, and for this year I received more than last year - like a +50% more!

Intisar
03-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Probably lol. Are you applying for Unis this year? If so, which ones did you apply for?

I checked my account on the oyap website and they said that York is ''pending''. I'm so mad because I thought my Gr.11 marks were fairly good.

MuslimahBlue
03-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Probably lol. Are you applying for Unis this year? If so, which ones did you apply for?

I checked my account on the oyap website and they said that York is ''pending''. I'm so mad because I thought my Gr.11 marks were fairly good
haha lol Im sure you will get accepted to York InshaAllah, which ones did you apply for/get accepted too?.
Im not applying this year(in grade 11), Im guessing your in grade 12 unless you're doing the early acceptance thing, how does that work neway?

But yah next year InshaAllah im going to apply for Ryerson, U of T, and maybe McMaster.
I think we kinda hijacked this thread here :D

Intisar
03-01-2008, 04:38 PM
:w: I'm graduating this year inshaa Allaah, and I applied for U of T (Scarborough), Ryerson (got in) and York University (undecided major).

The early acceptance (which Ryerson did for me) is that based on your Gr. 11 marks, you're accepted into certain Universities. They especially look at your second semester Gr. 11 marks (so do well now). If you maintain an average higher than 80% you get like a $2000.00 scholarship, and possibly even more if you maintain a higher average. So do well this year, inshaa Allah!

MuslimahBlue
03-01-2008, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: I'm graduating this year inshaa Allaah, and I applied for U of T (Scarborough), Ryerson (got in) and York University (undecided major).

The early acceptance (which Ryerson did for me) is that based on your Gr. 11 marks, you're accepted into certain Universities. They especially look at your second semester Gr. 11 marks (so do well now). If you maintain an average higher than 80% you get like a $2000.00 scholarship, and possibly even more if you maintain a higher average. So do well this year, inshaa Allah!
Which programs?(srry for asking to many q's just curious)
i thought it was the 3rd term mark :/
wait you probably go to a semestered school?

Intisar
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
:sl: I go to a semestered school, so they look at our second semester marks (your 3rd term mark). I applied for mainly Journalism programs and one undecided program.

itsme
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Thanks for all your replies. But I'm a bit lost. US/Canadian... education systems are different. In my country (Mauritius), the system is as follows:

3-5 yrs: pre-primary
6-11 yrs: primary (standard 1 up to standard 6)
12-16 yrs: lower secondary (form 1 up to form 5)
17-18/19/20 yrs: upper secondary (lower 6 and upper 6)
>18: university (starting with undergraduate courses)

Form 5 leads to the School Certificate (O-Level) as offered by Cambridge University in UK.
Upper 6 leads to the Higher School Certificate (A-Level) by the same board.

So I'm really at a loss when you are talking of OAC, grades and so on.

The scholarship is not for me but for my student. He obtained 5 As in his A-Level. What would his results translate into using the OAC/grade... system?

He is looking for full scholarships for Undergraduate courses as he cannot afford to finance his studies. Even part scholarships will not suffice. His choice of fields include Telecommunications Engineering, Mobile Computing and Wireless Engineering, Computer Forensics, and the likes.

MuslimahBlue
05-14-2008, 01:52 PM
OKay in Canada it goes:
4-5-Kindergarten
6-13- junior and middle school
13-18-Highschool
you graduate and go to univeristy afterthis, interms of international scholarships I dont think there are many, you might want to check smaller American Uni's.

itsme
05-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for your reply sis. So you "graduate" from high school?

MuslimahBlue
05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes you graduate after 4 years of highschool which is grades 9-12. You apply for Uni in grade 12. At the end of the grade 12 year you get your highschool diploma and then on to University.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.