/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Viruses and how they spread

Pk_#2
03-26-2008, 04:57 PM
This topic came up in another thread. I am going to move those posts to here.

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
:salamext:

AND LI is slower than before
WalaykumSalaam warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Is it for you as well?

I thought it was my pc,

Bro can viruses move from one Pc to a forum?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-26-2008, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
WalaykumSalaam warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Is it for you as well?

I thought it was my pc,

Bro can viruses move from one Pc to a forum?
:w:

The only way I know a virus can come from a forum is if it was deliberately written into the forum activation email.

The members do not upload onto a forum and members are not downloading anything from a forum. For a virus to spread it has to be uploaded and downloaded. When you are viewing and posting you are doing neither.

Pk_#2
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

The only way I know a virus can come from a forum is if it was deliberately written into the forum activation email.

The members do not upload onto a forum and members are not downloading anything from a forum. For a virus to spread it has to be uploaded and downloaded. When you are viewing and posting you are doing neither.
WalaykumSalaam,

Oh, too bad, how do you move viruses from one pc to another?

*Feel sick*

Woodrow
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
WalaykumSalaam,

Oh, too bad, how do you move viruses from one pc to another?

*Feel sick*
We are getting off topic, but I will answer it and move these last few posts later.

The most common way of transferring viruses from one PC to another is through emails. Usually as an attachment. But some viruses such as the Klez worms are sort of hidden attatchments, you don't see them as attatchments. Each person that gets it spreads it to every body else they email.

You can get them from from some download sites.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
you know I have loads of viruses, I think I'm passing them on to everyone via msn? Is that possible, 'cause it's attachments but I'm not sending anyone anything, it just automatically sends? oH AND THEN THERE PC STARTS SENDING TO ALL THEIR CONTACTS ...SO ON soz bout caps, can't be bovad correcting it..

Hmm..Sorry about OTP

Woodrow
03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
you know I have loads of viruses, I think I'm passing them on to everyone via msn? Is that possible, 'cause it's attachments but I'm not sending anyone anything, it just automatically sends? oH AND THEN THERE PC STARTS SENDING TO ALL THEIR CONTACTS ...SO ON soz bout caps, can't be bovad correcting it..

Hmm..Sorry about OTP
That sounds like a version of a Klez worm, they are specificaly designed to infect IE and outlook express although they can affect other mail programs. They change very fast and most anti-virus programs are not keeping up with them. the do atattch themselves to every address you have saved in your address folder.

the best prevention is to run a good anti virus scan at least once a week. Daily is better. I find the free version of Grisoft AVG to be excellent and it is free. I also ust the Paid version of Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE.

Caution if you use a spyware remover and an anti virus progrom or 2 or more of either be certain you only run one at a time and the others are disabled. They will try to remove each other.

also set them for auto updates, they do have to be updated almost daily.

Pk_#2
03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That sounds like a version of a Klez worm, they are specificaly designed to infect IE and outlook express although they can affect other mail programs. They change very fast and most anti-virus programs are not keeping up with them. the do atattch themselves to every address you have saved in your address folder.

the best prevention is to run a good anti virus scan at least once a week. Daily is better. I find the free version of Grisoft AVG to be excellent and it is free. I also ust the Paid version of Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE.

Caution if you use a spyware remover and an anti virus progrom or 2 or more of either be certain you only run one at a time and the others are disabled. They will try to remove each other.

also set them for auto updates, they do have to be updated almost daily.
Ohh but I never use Ie or Outlook Express,

By the way, I can't use them Anti-Virus and Spyware remover things,

'cause ...I'll tell you via pm.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Woodrow
03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Ohh but I never use Ie or Outlook Express,

By the way, I can't use them Anti-Virus and Spyware remover things,

'cause ...I'll tell you via pm.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

These days if you do not regulary run anti-spyware and anti-virus programs it is almost guaranteed you will be picking up and spreading viruses.

Pk_#2
04-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Cooooooooool you're Admin, But I got dodgy softwares Lol, so it doesn't work.. Hmm

Norton worked one time, but duno what happened to that anti-virus.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.